Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Old 03-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Magnum RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

ORIGINAL: N1EDM

Thank you for the information, everyone. I was the one asking about Magnum RC because I was just trying to find out more info about Lado retracts.

Cristophe, I have no doubt about the low power consumption of the Lado retracts. I only prefer to power it from a separate battery in case of jamming, etc., which might deplete the battery excessively.

Thank you all very much for your answers.

Has anyone installed these in a Top Flite P-51D Gold Edition? I'm just curious about what the installation was like.

Thank you all,

Bob
Rest assured Bob, even if the retract unit gets jammed, the sophisticated electronics in the unit will sense this and cut power to the retract individually. Lado's will never drain your battery at any time for no reason. Let's say you had a rough landing and didn't notice a bent strut or wirestrut.... You take off....flip the retract switch and up you go, the wheel no longer fits into the wheel well; it is not a problem, the retract will still shut itself off and operate to lower the gear on the next cycle.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Experten109/40
My Feedback: (-1)

I'm very unfamilular with LADO retracts. so my understanding is that I send you the struts for my Me 109, & you guys
covert them? or do you sell a set of Lado electric retractsfor the (cmp)Me 109? thanks.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:44 PM
christophe31

ORIGINAL: Experten109/40

I'm very unfamilular with LADO retracts. so my understanding is that I send you the struts for my Me 109, & you guys
covert them? or do you sell a set of Lado electric retracts for the Me 109? thanks.
it' depend witch Me 109 you have? any details?

about the retracts, they cut off too if you stick the retracts with the plane on the ground.... very safely.

an no drain battery since 4 years.....

Old 03-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Experten109/40

yeah sorry for the CMP Me 109.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Magnum RC

yeah sorry for the CMP Me 109.
The stock CMP ME-109 retracts are not familiar to me. I have never had a set to look at. The retrofit kit on our website www.magnumrc.com is designed for the ESM or KMP ME-109 Gen 5 retract system. The video of how they work can be found there as well. You would have to send some pictures of the retracts you have to find out if they can be done. To answer your question, yes, we can retrofit them for you if you are not confident in the installation. On the ESM retracts, we must machine out a slot of the trunion to make room for the jack screw. We also have the RS333-85L units that may drop in. They open up at an 85 degree angle so it would depend on if the retract mounting rails inside your wing can accomodate. The units will handle the size and weight of your plane and you have the choice of using Oleo struts available.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:28 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks, I didn't know that that was built in to the circuitry. That's good to know... I just left an email on the site about the 333's.

Thanks again,

Bob
Old 03-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Experten109/40

yeah they would be the gen 5 retracts for the esm me 109. cmp uses a stupid coiled wire set-up.
so the retrofit price would be on top of the $230 for the esm retracts, correct? do you offer a pkg
deal? ie: gen5 retracts + conversion? sorry for so many questions, thanks.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Magnum RC

yeah they would be the gen 5 retracts for the esm me 109. cmp uses a stupid coiled wire set-up.
so the retrofit price would be on top of the $230 for the esm retracts, correct? do you offer a pkg
deal? ie: gen5 retracts + conversion? sorry for so many questions, thanks.
On the website you will find the KMP/ESM retrofit kit priced at 219.95. You will also find a labor choice for installation for $50. This will be your cost to have us retrofit your retracts. The kit includes new slider bars designed for your retracts that will operate with the RS666 units.

Video showing operation of final installation.

http://magnumrc.com/kmpesm-landing-g...-kit-p-14.html
Old 05-18-2011, 02:19 PM
panhndl
My Feedback: (10)

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know how long the strut needs to be for the Hangar 9 P-47?
Old 06-13-2011, 08:55 PM
clive45

Well guys just to let you know that Lado retracts do exist and that things have definitely changed.
I have had very swift responses to my emails from Christophe re all sorts of info for my aircraft.
I ordered and 2 weeks later my retracts arrived in Australia at my door that's including 2 days where the local post screwed up the delivery. I also had a tracking number which allowed me to see the package's progress.
I have no worries recommending Lado at all.

I hope this helps you with your decision on what to buy. The retracts are very well built and are good value for money.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:23 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I purchased and installed myself the RS666 in my p-47, I must say it was quite easy to do.
Only think I wish I'd done was use the drill press, my drill did wonder off at a slight angle,, they still function just fine.

They are working great and look great in the shop, but in the air it would be nice if the cycle was just a little quicker
Any way to speed them up a just a bit? I see the website says 4.8-5.5 volts,, would more Volts damage them?

TIA

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EEyEkt6t80[/youtube]

Old 07-28-2011, 03:29 AM
clive45

My advice is to contact them with an email and ask the question. I'm sure they will tell you if there is a way and if extra voltage will hurt the electronics.

They are very helpful
Old 07-28-2011, 03:43 AM
scale only 4 me

I could do that, but Magnum RC is subscribed to this thread,, I'm sure he'll give me an answer here to share with everyone.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:58 AM
christophe31

hi guy's,
you can go up to 2S lipo with the revC pcb it will increase the speed of the motor without problem.
for all modeler, we have also , an new option available by mail
the high speed!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI5K2ydbWXI[/youtube]

don't hesitate to send me pictures of your warbird for the pilots galery webs.
good job!!
have a nice fly
Old 07-28-2011, 05:47 AM
show871

What are my lado options if wanting to convert a ESM Hellcat to Lado?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Magnum RC

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

I could do that, but Magnum RC is subscribed to this thread,, I'm sure he'll give me an answer here to share with everyone.

Hi, before applying a higher voltage to your RS666 unit, make sure it is "Rev C"circuitry board on it. You can also use the new electric retract regulator that we have to offer two options for speed. If you have a "Rev B" unit, the retracts can plug right into the regulator which plugs into your BEC or direct into your RX. This unit allows you to use a higher voltage battery without damaging your lado electronics. If you do have the "Rev C" board, the regulator will step down the voltage to 5.2 volts or, when switched, it will pass the available voltage to the retract. That is only one of the benefits of the regulator, it also has a sequencer on it for scale operations so when engaged, one main will follow the other after 3 second delay. It also has a geardoor sequencer on it and a on board battery monitoring system. The biggest reason for crashes is battery failure, this unit will lower your gear uncommanded if a battery voltage problem develops on board thus notifying you of the condition and allowing the opportunity to save your plane before it crashes.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:15 AM
Magnum RC

ORIGINAL: panhndl

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know how long the strut needs to be for the Hangar 9 P-47?
You measure from the face of the trunion, (this is where the hole is to insert your strut) to the center of the wheel well where your axle will be. This measurement will give you the proper length you need for the strut. Every plane is different and I have even seen two arf kits that are not the same.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Magnum RC

ORIGINAL: show871

What are my lado options if wanting to convert a ESM Hellcat to Lado?
Your options are easy, You can buy an ESM retrofit kit for 219.95 and it comes with all the parts you need to convert and do it yourself or send it in to us for retrofit for a $50 labor charge on top of the kit cost. ESM's Gen 5 gear are a great retract to convert.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:27 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I converted my ESM FW190 gear with the 666 actuators it was a easy install for those handy with a drill and file I was pleasantly surprised how tight the gear was when I actuated them with the air set up they had some slop, but the elec. motors really lock the gear in place either up or down
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16516.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	1641435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77623.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	1641436   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46139.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	1641437  
Old 07-29-2011, 04:12 AM
scale only 4 me

ORIGINAL: Magnum RC

Hi, before applying a higher voltage to your RS666 unit, make sure it is ''Rev C'' circuitry board on it. You can also use the new electric retract regulator that we have to offer two options for speed. If you have a ''Rev B'' unit, the retracts can plug right into the regulator which plugs into your BEC or direct into your RX. This unit allows you to use a higher voltage battery without damaging your lado electronics. If you do have the ''Rev C'' board, the regulator will step down the voltage to 5.2 volts or, when switched, it will pass the available voltage to the retract. That is only one of the benefits of the regulator, it also has a sequencer on it for scale operations so when engaged, one main will follow the other after 3 second delay. It also has a geardoor sequencer on it and a on board battery monitoring system. The biggest reason for crashes is battery failure, this unit will lower your gear uncommanded if a battery voltage problem develops on board thus notifying you of the condition and allowing the opportunity to save your plane before it crashes.
Before I pull them out of the wing to check,,is there a way to visually check this? or can you tell by when I ordered them?
Order Number: 438
Date Ordered: Saturday 23 April, 2011

Thanks,

Old 07-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Magnum RC

Hi, before applying a higher voltage to your RS666 unit, make sure it is ''Rev C''circuitry board on it. You can also use the new electric retract regulator that we have to offer two options for speed. If you have a ''Rev B'' unit, the retracts can plug right into the regulator which plugs into your BEC or direct into your RX. This unit allows you to use a higher voltage battery without damaging your lado electronics. If you do have the ''Rev C'' board, the regulator will step down the voltage to 5.2 volts or, when switched, it will pass the available voltage to the retract. That is only one of the benefits of the regulator, it also has a sequencer on it for scale operations so when engaged, one main will follow the other after 3 second delay. It also has a geardoor sequencer on it and a on board battery monitoring system. The biggest reason for crashes is battery failure, this unit will lower your gear uncommanded if a battery voltage problem develops on board thus notifying you of the condition and allowing the opportunity to save your plane before it crashes.
Before I pull them out of the wing to check,,is there a way to visually check this? or can you tell by when I ordered them?
Order Number: 438
Date Ordered: Saturday 23 April, 2011

Thanks,

All you have to do is look on the printed circuit board and on it will say either RevB or Rev C. Rev C is the newer electronics that will support the higher voltages.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Magnum RC

ORIGINAL: bigtim

I converted my ESM FW190 gear with the 666 actuators it was a easy install for those handy with a drill and file I was pleasantly surprised how tight the gear was when I actuated them with the air set up they had some slop, but the elec. motors really lock the gear in place either up or down
Congrats on your conversion. A lot of care is needed here to cut the slot in the trunion as it is possible to ruin the retract without it. This is why we offer installation as well for those not so handy with a hacksaw, drill, and file.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:03 AM
scale only 4 me

All you have to do is look on the printed circuit board and on it will say either RevB or Rev C. Rev C is the newer electronics that will support the higher voltages.
Thanks, I didn't realize you meant the PCB label on the outside
I looked and I have the "rev C" version,,

Now to do some experimenting
Old 07-29-2011, 09:14 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are the 666 conversion motors coming back in stock soon
Old 07-30-2011, 07:27 AM
Magnum RC

Yes very soon. there was a small hickup in the manufacture process with getting proper gearboxes. I am sure that hiccup is resolved by now and it will be only a short period before they again will be available. Be sure to register on our website at wwww.magnumrc.com and sign up for the newsletter to be kept informed on the latest developments.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.