Well I have 3 "landings" on my Lado 60-2's now with my CMPro P-40 -73". This E-conversion weighs over 12lbs. Each landing resulted in collapsed gear but not a fault of the Lado units. Here is a brief description of each setup & what happened:
I am using Robart 660 struts that accept 3/16 wire (smallest) and the Lado's accept 5/32"
I made adapters from 5/32 to 3/16 by using 5/32 music wire and 3/16 copper tube. I JB-welded the tube over the portion of the music wire that goes into the Robart strut. This failed even before the maiden because the set screws on the struts only made contact with the copper tube. The JB-weld didn't hold thus allowing the music wire to spin inside the copper.
I made my own wire adapters using 3/16" music wire. I cut a piece to length then inserted it in my drill press. With the wire spinning, I used a dremmel wheel to turn the diameter to 5/32" for the portion that inserts into the Lado trunion. Take-off & flight went great. Landing was smooth but the gear folded up like sticks. Everyone thought the Lados failed but they held without a problem. The wire adapters are what bent at a 90 degree angle. The act of "machining" them down weakened the metal terribly. I tested a piece on my bench at home by sticking one end into a vise and putting the strut on the other end... I could bend the wire with very little effort.
I made new adapters by "soldering" the 3/16" tube to the 5/32" music wire. I put "solder" in quotes because you cant really solder copper to steel. But, it held enough for what I needed. The copper really only needs to act as a second bushing. I then ground a flat spot on the copper/steel side that went all the way through the copper. This allowed the strut set-screw to make contact with the wire, not the copper. I then used a silver Sharpie to mark the set screw locations on the Lado side and ground those areas flat as well. I put blue Loc-Tite on all the set screws. For this flight I was not at my normal flying field, I was up in the mountains at about 6200' elevation. With less lift due to the thinner air, the plane landed a little rough. Once again, the Lado's held strong but the wire bent on the left strut. I have video of this landing and I'll post it as soon as I get it processed.
Same day as Landing 2. Since we were camping out & didn't have access to all my tools, I decided to try an allen wrench as a wire adapater. I figured it's hardened steel so it should have more strength. Also, it already has flat sides! My buddies told me it may be harder, but it will most likely snap instead of bend. I figured "what the heck" so I tried it any way. Once again, a rough landing due to less-dense air & not enough elevator throw. This time both sides bent and one side actually ripped right out of the blocks. The Lado units were un-effected!
I am going to drill out the trunions to 3/16" I have nothing to lose at this point. If it doesn't work I'll just order new trunions. But, everyone at the field was thoroughly impressed with the strength of the units... for them to take that kind of force & not even flinch is impressive.