Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: gear drawings

sorry, I thought that somebody was asking about an engine for the mustang on this thread..It must have been someone else, i apologize

Dave
    JetCat USA Rep

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Doss Stead P-51 Mustang

Hi Rick; I just sent an email to Lenny on the gear plans. I have been trying to find Doss, too! I build gear and have built my semiscale version, in fact using some of Doss' parts! If I can find him, I can make a gear for it! Perhaps not so detailed, but a good strong gear that you can add some gee-gaws to and gussie it up! Lee Robinson robinairerc@bellsouth.net (561) 478-1850 W. Palm Bch, FL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Lenny; Did you get my email on the dwgs? I am interested and would like to know the cost for the gear plans. Lee Robinson robinairerc@bellsouth.net W. Palm Bch, FL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hello all:

I just sent a few emails to those that told me they know how to contact Doss.

I'll let you know when i get a response back.

cheers

joe

www.warbirdpropdrives.com
    Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Re: gear drawings

Hi guys,
    Sorry for the delay, but finally got the drawings out, and remembered to grab them on the way in this morning. Will copy the views today requested by Lee R, and send them out to him within the next couple days.

Name: Lenny Sarbin,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gees Lenny, wasn't that last June?? How the heck do you still remember this was in the queue? And are we talking the landing gear drawings here? If so, I'd sure like a set, too...
    Rick Vera-Burgos
    Novi, Michigan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's a good one!

Yep, i mean the views of the gear drawings, Lee said he just wanted a scan of the top and side of the retract area, i think he emailed me about a week or two ago........ The complete set of plans for the plane went with the plane when i sold it, but i kept a copy of the gear sheet. I had hoped to do a set of the gear myself, but am pretty busy with other stuff, and really don't have the extra time to work on this gear, as it's quite different from my regular gear...... The guy i got the kit from was thinking of using Byron gear, which is very similar to Doss's, at least in basic design.......

Lenny

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lenny,

Wait a minute... as I said long ago on this thread, I believe I bought your old kit from Fourstroke last year (unless he had another one). There were no gear drawings in the set I got. At least that's what I originally wrote last year. However, in post 63 above I said I had drawing 6, which is what I thought I was missing. So now I'm not sure. I certainly don't recall seeing the drawing pictured by Luke in post 3 of this thread. I'll have to check and get back to you. Is there any way you can post a picture of the gear related drawings?
    Rick Vera-Burgos
    Novi, Michigan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Rick, the one i have is #6, and that probably is the one you were missing, as it is probably the one i have....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

took-a-look

Ok, just went back and looked at post #3 on this thread, and you do have that sheet. It is a small area on sheet #6, the landing gear sheet. The whole sheet has all the misc door hinges, mounts, etc, in addition to what's shown in post 3. The kit you have is the one Frank got from me, I got it from a local guy here who went to Doss' place and picked it up in person...... he had it a couple years, and sold it to me when he was raising funds for another project (69 Dodge Charger, original 426 Hemi car)....
    Lots of nice details on that sheet.....
    Lenny

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lee Robinson

Hi Lee,
    I put the scan of the top&side views of the gear area in the mail yesterday. You should have them by tomorrow, I would guess......

Lenny[8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Lee Robinson

Doss's snail mail address is

Doss Steed
    981 Vio Church Road
    Hartwell, Georgia 30643

i flew the reduction drive today for flights 2-4....awesome...DA 50 pulls the 1/3 H9 Cap with authority!!!! how much fun is that!!

cheers

joe

www.warbirdpropdrives.com
    Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Doss Steed Mustang

So Joe, have you talked to him? Does he still sell anything associated with his Mustang?

And by the way, after you get rolling with everything else, how about a scale five blade for us Supermarine fans?
    Rick Vera-Burgos
    Novi, Michigan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm just curious, I have never seen any finished pics (Steed Mustang). Are there any out there?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi guys..

no , i didnt talk to Doss: I met Jim Cline and Don Lowe at Toledo talking about my drive unit. Jim mentioned that he was a friend of Doss's. I asked Jim for the info, and there you have it.

i cannot post to GSWarbirds for some weird browser reason. have to try tomorrow.

cheers

joe
    Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[>:]

Warning do not read this as it is addictive..once done there is no turning back..
    Ok, everone interested in the DS Mustang.. I got tired of searching and looking and calling...

Can't find Doss Steed so am gonna do it anyway..

So threw the plans into the rolling hanger and headed to the local print shop...now on the way I had two options to figure out..down or up... well I figure that down is to the same size as the Aero-Tech..version. Very nice at 84 inches, but then there are a whole bunch of items that would fit it and the TF P51.. but the Aerotech folks like to charge very good prices..for their stuff..don't knock it, it's very nice if you got the bucks...[]

So, by the time I got there and had the Steed Plans ready to print I had it figured out..

The X factor is 105% on the Zerox dial.. and out comes a set of plans.. 96 in wing span and 84 inches in length.. The cowl size comes out at a nice round 6 inches..

Now just talk Preceision in to making the gear a bit bigger (wouldn't be that much bigger anyway) and warbirdprops into a drive for my extra G-62 on a 4 blade. With a Toni-Clark tuned pipe out the tail...EEEEEH HAHHWWW

Nice thing about the whole thing is Ziroli has the canopy, wheels, and that sort of goodies for this size warbird. Best Part of the whole excursion was the price at the copy shop..$ 16.89
    for all six plan pages.

BTW: Now it looks like it could support a 6 pack of 50's Might be a nice name for it:

" 6PAC -O- 50'S "

Will be finishing up the rigging on the 1/3rd Scale Pitts S2a this next couple of weeks and it's outa the shop to the flying site for test flights.

Anybody wanna join me in this size venture or maybe go to 84 in..??

Will start the Fuselage Jig ASAP!!

Here's the Pitts Predecessor to the " 6PAC -O- 50'S "
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq45783.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	149378  
    Doug in Denver
    Club Saito #57
    IMAA 345 AMA 17566 EAA 213982

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Doug.....while I couldn't stop reading it....I don't know what you were trying to convey either!

I have been reading this thread with interest as I would like to try my hand at some (semi)scratch building once I get off the jet kick (whenever that might be). A Mustang with a scale prop drive is just the ticket. I'd be very interested in a complete set of Doss's plans.......is that what you're offering?
    eeeexcelent...
    Bob Convery

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hummmmm..

Sorry for being so unclear, but after many years of searching for the perfect Mustang, my point is this:

Change the whole aircraft to support the accessories that are available in todays market..
    Either have the plans enlarged or shrunk to the size that you can find and afford the goodies that fit.

In the format that the Steed Plans offer it is very difficult, (at least for me) to purchase the neccessary support equipment.. Spinner, Canopy, Retracts and etc. So that's what caused me to have my set enlarged to 105 percent. Now I can purchase the what I need off the shelf "so to speak" and have an easier job of fitting the belt drive into the engine compartment.

For anyone who has designed or tried to draw a miniture r/c aircraft in the detail that Doss Steed has, is to be commended and held in the highest regard ! The plans are amazing in do-able detail. If you love Warbirds then this is a must have set of plans. Only wish that I could find sets of equal quality for some of the others. (I will check Mick Reeves & Bob Holeman for other plan sets).

And, no am not offering my set of plans for sale.

(Be Aware that the complete set of plans consisted of 9 pages and that what the majority of us have is only 6 pages!)

Hope this helps.

dh/Doug

ORIGINAL: sideshow

Doug.....while I couldn't stop reading it....I don't know what you were trying to convey either!

I have been reading this thread with interest as I would like to try my hand at some (semi)scratch building once I get off the jet kick (whenever that might be). A Mustang with a scale prop drive is just the ticket. I'd be very interested in a complete set of Doss's plans.......is that what you're offering?
    Doug in Denver
    Club Saito #57

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually the complete set consists of 13 sheets 6 are structural 7 are detail and prop. My set I blew up to 1/4 scale

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: viper16

Actually the complete set consists of 13 sheets 6 are structural 7 are detail and prop. My set I blew up to 1/4 scale
    Should make it about 110/111 in. ws. nice size!

Per chance..Could I get copies of the 7 detail pages if you still have..I would be glad to pay for them. Wouldn't have to fake em then. Will give you my address off the forum See url next line.
    Please let me know at Sabre1@netscape.com .., your in Co. Spgs. I'm in Thornton..interesting.

Thanks Viper!
    Doug in Denver
    Club Saito #57

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Did some artwork on a 51D instrumemt panel a while back and thought I offer it up to the group for grabs if anybody wants it..feel free. I copy mine to glossy photo paper and added some neo-gel pen colors to the needles.. a bit of 1/32 ply for the bezel and cut out the gauges with a set of forstner bits..a little bit of flat black vinyl/fabric paint (3) coats of that and sanding between then add some zema insturment glass lenses .. It looks good.

Note: As some isp's and their programs are not equal when it comes to transfering pictures I can't say that it will even be worth the download of what you see here..a tiff file would be much better for hi-def.

If you want to try it here goes:

Oh-Oh..forgot it's in tiff format----duh~! will convert to bitmap or jpeg and retry here.

gif it is..

Name:	Zx70395.gif 
Views:	7 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	150171  
    Doug in Denver
    Club Saito #57

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE:Steed Drawings on eBay

Doug, I don't think it's a good idea to support the e B a y plan pirates, especially since Doss is apparently still around. I don't believe that guy gets anyone's permission to sell the plans he sells.
    Rick Vera-Burgos
    Novi, Michigan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RE:Steed Drawings on eBay

I totally agree Rick!

So have edited out the link in the offending email.

Though a percentage of the folks here, there or somewhere else have at one time or another been guilty of at least either buying or selling something that they don't really have the rights to do .. I'm not a copyright att. and would not pretend to be one. So rather than sell a copy of my set I'll keep em. I sure don't have the money to have a copyright search made by a Search Team of Att's to find out if there is or has been, a copyright either filed on the plans or even on the Steed Logo.

For a year now most of the emails here are concerned with and to the whereabouts and welfare of Doss Steed, I personally am still trying to contact and get permission to even build this aircraft. As I am not the orginial owner of these plans. I would love to build it legally. As near as I can tell he lives in Georgia, across the street from a relative,and is about 77 yrs old and has an unlisted phone nr., and I believe he does have a son and the plans do say that they were drawn by Doss Steed Jr. his phone nr. is also a nonlisted phone nr.. So Where do we go from here ?? I don't know thats for sure.

I have just made contact with a gentleman who knows him and buys or did buy product from Mr. Steed, and he is trying to contact him also. So far no luck.

So we are still trying to make contact and get permission and be able to buy directly from him. Personally I would love to buy his product and direct others to him. There maybe extenuating circumstances that for his own reasons, he perfers his privicy.
    So untill we do make contact, then what else is there? And once again I don't know.

dh

ORIGINAL: RickVB

Doug, I don't think it's a good idea to support the e B a y plan pirates, especially since Doss is apparently still around. I don't believe that guy gets anyone's permission to sell the plans he sells.
    Doug in Denver
    Club Saito #57

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone who has an original set of plans, whether they were the original purchaser or not, has the right to build from them. By the same token, anyone has the right to sell said set of plans to any other person, as long as they ar originals. That is not copyright infringement. If it were, used book stores would be nonexistent.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What does a modeler do when the plans are no longer available, Steed Stuff as it was called can not be purchased anywhere, except as mentioned earlier? As I understood it, Mr. Steed was apparently very disappointed in the lack of interest that was shown his plans and parts, not much of a market or following for this kind of scale fanaticism. I got the same reception with my observations about the various Corsair plans. Most only want semi scale, just don't tell them it's semi scale and they will be happy. Steed was going to do a Corsair, so this really makes me sad. After the P-51 flopped he just said to hell with ya'll! You can keep all your semi scale cr@p and convince yourself you're a real scale man, most can't see the training wheels anyway. The only picture I have of the plane is the one below, dated 1991.

Dion

Name:	Xv65398.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	150377  
    Jet Mafia RC Turbine Flyers Seguin

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast