Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

New RCU Website format???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

New RCU Website format???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Warbird Man
My Feedback: (95)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New RCU Website format???

How many of you liked the new RCU website format that suddenly popped up last night? (3/6/09)

Even if it had worked correctly, I found it very slow, hard to read and navigate.
I'm sure someone meant well by giving it a face lift, But the old setup works just fine.

As the 'ol saying goes, "If it ain't broke, Don't fix it"

Any thoughts, opinions or suggestions? ( be nice)
Old 03-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Check6
My Feedback: (427)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: New RCU Website format???

Warbird Man, I'm with you. It seemed like I lost an old friend. LOL I prefer the existing style, hope they don't change it just for the sake of change.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:45 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second the opinions above 100%
Old 03-07-2009, 09:48 AM
butlern
My Feedback: (15)

I was locked out. I could view everything, but when I tried to click add post, I was no longer recognized as a registered user. I would log in again, all appeared to be fine, but as soon as I clicked on a thread topic, my username, again, was no longer recognized and I was one again a "guest."

So, I got frustrated and just left the site last night. I would have no problem adjusting to the new format, as long as I could actually participate.

Glad it's working for me again today.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:57 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I didn't like it either. It may not have been a "new format" but a temp. one. I think they had server problems?
Old 03-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Tony Gag Jr.
My Feedback: (124)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not a big fan of that new style. I really hope they don't change anything!!!!!
Old 03-07-2009, 10:01 AM
TakingFlight96

Warbird Man, I'm with you. It seemed like I lost an old friend. LOL I prefer the existing style, hope they don't change it just for the sake of change.
I agree. I didn't like it at all. I couldn't view post, pictures, post threads, reply to threads, post pictures, etc. I just didn't like it. I really hope they don't change it. I like this RCU, and I'm used to it. And it overall looks much better than the other one, IMO. And when they say "change is a good thing" its not true in this case. I'm 100% w/ Warbird Man & Check6. What smiley would best show how I liked the "new" RCU ? [:'(] That one.

Just my 2 cents,

TF96
Old 03-07-2009, 10:10 AM
G-Pete

WHY change something that works well??

You had to click and un-click every picture, you could not flip through. The threat pages were only 8 posts long, with banner and pop ups in between. Navigation was flimsy and slow. The rcu search machine did not work half as good.

I'm sure there were more flaws, but I had better things to do.

The most disappointing fact was they did that without any announcement. [:@] [:@]
Old 03-07-2009, 10:15 AM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[sm=thumbs_down.gif]
Old 03-07-2009, 11:39 AM
aghost
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did not like it either. Setting up the equivalent of "My Forums" was more trouble than it should be. The "jump to last post" only worked about half the time. The other half it jumped to the first post. Had to log on several times while moving from area to area.

And I found it hard to read. Some combination of fonts, colors, and background just did not work for me.

I was glad to see the old format this AM.

Brian
Old 03-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Kickin Chicken

I agree with the post " If it isn't broken, don't fix it" plus we have had all the change lately one can stand.
Charlie[sm=lol.gif]
Old 03-07-2009, 01:23 PM
TooLow
My Feedback: (5)

It loaded soooooo slooooow that I thought crap-another virus got into my puter. Ran a virus scan and found nothing! Tried the site again and same prob. Gave up and went on a cleaning binge in the shop ,found tools that I thought I had lost. Tried the site again before crashing, and it was my ole friend again. Glad they changed it backnow LEAVE IT ALONE!
Old 03-07-2009, 01:41 PM
NCIS

Lets just come right out and say what we really feel. IT SUCKED BIG TIME AND I HATED IT!!!!

Gibbs
Old 03-07-2009, 03:25 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

There are a couple of threads in the Jets forum...check them out...Marc posted a few times to answer questions there...

Edit: Here's one...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8551139/tm.htm

Just to add my opinion...I didn't like it either...[:'(]
Old 03-07-2009, 05:57 PM
G-Pete

ORIGINAL: proptop
There are a couple of threads in the Jets forum...check them out...Marc posted a few times to answer questions there...
Edit: Here's one...
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8551139/tm.htm
Just to add my opinion...I didn't like it either...[:'(]
Yeah, check out my post there and tell me I'm wrong...[8D]
Old 03-07-2009, 06:13 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Well...the way I look at it is...if it is financially related, then I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do to keep this place going...I don't know about those things though (details, details )

To me, this place is a favorite hang out, and it doesn't cost me a cent, so beggars can't be choosers...BUT...like I said before, I didn't like the change.

I'm sure that if they do change it, it will take a little time to get the bugs worked out, AND some getting used to. (it did before )

I am a member of another forum, (slot car ) and we can choose what colors we want for the background to suit our personal taste...that might be nice here? (easier on the eyes ) Not that I have a problem w/ the current, but that "new" one yesterday was awful!

Bottom line is, for me anyway...I like it the way it is, but if certain "things" NEED to be changed, then what are the alternatives? I'd rather endure another change, than do without.

If we could have a better search function, that too would be nice...
Old 03-07-2009, 06:52 PM
rrudytoo
My Feedback: (27)

I haven't had any problems other than it has slowed down a bunch which is discouraging. Sadly, I have become accustomed to my 5mb internet speed and when I have to back up to slow rates, I leave that site. I'm normally on RCU three or four times a day but that may be reduced. As it is, I only go to RCSB once or twice a week for the same reason.

I appreciate the efforts of the RCU webmaster to improve this site and I'm sure it will work out for the best given time to work out the bugs but I think they should have polled the membership first to see if we wanted it to change. As is, it's still the best of its kind available and RCU deserves a huge vote of thanks for all they do.

Al
Old 03-07-2009, 07:07 PM
at-6 texan

the new rc univerese format.......[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 03-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was on it. At first I was surprised that I was 'logged out'. So I tried to log back in. It said 'Welcome' and then when I went to 'Forums' I was logged out again. I did this about three or four times. Then I logged on, but I saw a menu on the left side that had the button for "My Forums" so I clicked it and it took me to the forums, and I was still logged in. But My Forums was now EVERY forum.

So I looked around for awhile. I could see 642 members were logged on and 24000+ 'Guests'.

None of the avatars work, red X's. None of the pictures worked, red X's.

The classifieds worked, but the Featured Ad's had red X's. When I clicked on a category, the individual ads had working photos.

I eventually found my profile button and went into it and re-established My Forums but it seemed awkward and did not really do what I had asked it to do. I still got forums I did not want.

I also noticed that all posts were new and two days of stuff was missing.

The main thing I disliked was the choice of colors for the whole thing. All those light pastels were hard on the eyes, harder to read, and I thought I could smell powder puffs and perfume while I was looking at it.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:45 PM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You should have started this thread as a poll, then we could all see the real numbers.
My vote: LEAVE IT THE SAME!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:01 PM
mimoore67
My Feedback: (51)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 03-07-2009, 09:09 PM
hatnikman3

I'm Glad it's not ME! I wanted to throw my monitor out the &#@* window last night!!! Yeah maybe I need a little anger management but that was ridiculous. And all because they changed it!! CHANGE it BACK NOW or I'm out a here!! ZERO (as in 0%) improvment here from what I'm seeing.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:00 PM
samparfitt
My Feedback: (43)

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

looks like we're all in agreement on the 'new' format!!
Old 03-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

did not see it but like the way things look and work now.

No sense in trying to make the wheel rounder. Can't get rounder then round so leave it as it is. [>:]
Old 03-08-2009, 01:45 AM
Brad330l
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: NCIS

Lets just come right out and say what we really feel. IT SUCKED BIG TIME AND I HATED IT!!!!

Gibbs
IT SUCKED BIG TIME AND I HATED IT!!![:'(]
I wondered what the heck was going on.

Cheers,

Brad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.