Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

the corsairs empennage

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

the corsairs empennage

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:04 PM
WWIIbirds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the corsairs empennage

hey, im currently building the very popular corsair. (I have the great planes version.) recently i glued a tail block right at the end of the fuse and ive beveled the top of the tail block to be flush with the rest of the fuse except for the underside because the underside of the fuse is straight rather then beveled. my question is am i suppose to bevel the underside of that tail block or not? (i want it to be as authentic as possible)

Secondly on the great planes box it depicts the corsair with a checkerd rudder which i find really nice but ive been looking up pictures and i haven't seen one corsair with this similar design can someone explain what the checkering is for and whether is was ever actually used on corsairs ( i know it was used on the cowling)
thanks!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:10 PM
cimara

Default RE: the corsairs empennage

Must be vmf 312 that depicted on the box heres a sight that might help with the second question http://www.f4ucorsair.com/vmf312/312.html
Old 04-07-2009, 09:17 PM
WWIIbirds

Default RE: the corsairs empennage

hey thanks winston, I was afraid that the checkered rudder was just an extra im glad to hear it was part of an actual squadron.