Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 02:00 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ!

Hey guys, I see nothing on the sierra web site about these retracts. Is all the tracking and ordering going thru this thread? I'm giving the robarts one more chance next week. If they do their normal routine. I'll be on the list.
Edwin
Old 09-05-2003, 03:36 PM
BigProp
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ!

Edwin, you probably won't see anything on Sierra's website because this is a new product that Darrell agreed to do if we had enough people participating. So I would follow this thread closely to get updates on the status of these retracts.

As far as Robart goes, My opinion is that you're still going to be disappointed no matter what takes place. They haven't addressed the issues with their retracts before, so why would they start now?
I would say that your time and money would be better spent going with Sierra. I have yet to read any complaints about their products; only praises.
(*Please Note: I am in no way affiliated with Sierra Precision, nor am I being paid for my opinion. I just want to start flying and landing my T/F Corsair & P-40, not fixing them. )
Old 09-05-2003, 04:51 PM
Edwin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here. I just want to fly without worrying about landing. 3 years old and only 5 flights. Dont want a hanger queen any more. I'm still debating on whether or not to keep a 60 sized corsair in the stable any more. I have a BT 75" corsair from a swapmeet I'll be working on soon. But it sure would be nice to have the TF corsair to fly at the field I teach at so the students can see something other than the routine kennel planes flying around. (arf- arf)
Edwin
Old 09-05-2003, 04:56 PM
BigProp
My Feedback: (32)

That's Funny. Kennel Planes = Arf, Arf! Good one!
Old 09-05-2003, 05:27 PM
clausxpf

Default Kennel planes.. arf -arf..

I am a dog-lover ... i have a border collie, that even have been with me to Thailand on a long holliday...
I am a modelplane builder.... not an arf-arf man....
Ok it is good to get people in the air... sometimes.. but the skills and the fun building... is not there.
But really.... from today.... arf..... kennel planes...
good joke..
Claus
Denmark.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:34 PM
torp

Default Good One !!!

Arf, Arf!

I like it !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Glorystomper
My Feedback: (1)

Got my money ready and waiting to deposited pending a reply from Darrell.. is there going to be a cut-off date for these deposits? I know it's coming down to the wire but I want to scoot into the door before the gear explodes onto the market
Old 09-05-2003, 07:50 PM
BigRetracts-RCU

Default Questions

Glorystomper,

I did not receive an e-mail from you that I can recall or find.
We would be happy to answer any questions you may have
for us. Send them to my e-mail address and I will respond
as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Darrell

[email protected]
Old 09-08-2003, 07:53 PM
Glorystomper

Default RE: Questions

Sweet, just heard back from Darrell and will be sending him a deposit in the form of a MO by weeks end hopefully
Old 09-12-2003, 02:58 PM
Glorystomper

Default RE: ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ!

Add another deposit to the list.. I just got back from the bank and there is a $100USD money-order on its way to Darrell for the gear

Any updates?
Old 09-14-2003, 12:28 PM
Hellcat716

Could you please tell me how to get in touch with Darryl. I have left several e-mails with no response. Thank you.
Old 09-14-2003, 04:35 PM
strnglvr

Default RE: ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ!

Darrell Tenny, 440-230-1853.............Sierra, 11929 Abbey Road, Unit E, N. Royalton, OH, 44133........................Pay-pal...... Sierra [email protected]

Thats the information I have,...........Paul
Old 09-15-2003, 04:28 AM
Glorystomper

I did not receive an e-mail from you that I can recall or find.
We would be happy to answer any questions you may have
for us. Send them to my e-mail address and I will respond
as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Darrell

[email protected]

You can also try Darrell at that address.. he mentioned to me that he preferred a Money Order instead of Paypal though

Give him some time, it took awhile for him to reply to my questions as well since he's very busy..
Old 09-17-2003, 07:19 AM
Nitro2Burn

Default Custom Retracts

Hi Everybody,
I have recently bought a 62" Skyraider, small in comparison to others, but all my pocket can put out. Anyways I had trouble finding retracts to suit mine but did find a man over here in Australia who custom makes retracts to suit your aircraft. They seem very well machined and if requested I will attempt to get a pic up for you. The set I bought cost $400 aus dollars with functioning oleo legs and all air bits required included.
Any questions feel free to ask
GO THE SPADS

Byron
Old 09-17-2003, 11:06 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Updates?

Bueller...
Bueller...[sm=lol.gif]
Old 09-17-2003, 11:13 PM
Iddons

any final clarification on price ?

How do you think price will compare to the standard specified gear ?
Old 09-21-2003, 09:47 AM
strnglvr

This is a Bump! Darroll any good news on the P-40 Gear, and maybe a target date when they finished? maybe a picture? ..............Paul
Old 09-21-2003, 11:54 PM
BankYank
My Feedback: (63)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Hmm. I have access to a machine shop. Maybe i can do something to make them stronger. Anyone have a set of used but not totaly useless 615's they would like to sell?
Old 09-22-2003, 03:10 PM
ceyl

I have been putting off building a TF P-40 because of the retract problems, and don't feel its right to build it with fixed gear. I sent Darrell an e-mail but haven't heard from him. I hope I'm not to late.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:57 AM
Condor

Were there finally enough raised hands to get Sierra to do these retracts?
Old 09-23-2003, 06:43 AM
Rocketman612

We were "over the top" in orders back in July. It's probably 23 to 25 at least. The SAD thing is that It's late September and Darrell has been real quiet and not posted an update on his progress[&o] There have been some timely requests that have gone unanswered. This tells me one of two things. First this was a bigger project than Darrell thought and will take more time and cash to make them work. Second that Darrell has become involved in alot of work and this project is on the back burner.

Personally I don't care if either or both are true as I still want the gear BUT, I would expect that Darrell be up front with us about this. It's not unreasonable for a customer to get an occasional update to know what's going on. Pete
Old 09-23-2003, 08:02 AM
BigRetracts

Pete and others,

Update time.

Everythings is still moving along. Not as fast as I had hoped though. I have had
a few modelers with our gear that needed some emergency repairs and others
with pending orders that I have been trying to keep up with.

The design is working, but I still need to get it into my test plane next week
and see how they hold up. I just need to prove out a few more parts and then
I can make a run of those specific parts.

We are just making sure that when they finally ship, that they are going to work as planned.

I have a booth at the Scale Masters that I have to attend this weekend and
than it's back to flight testing and final production.

With the new format on RCU, I have not been following the thread much.
Sorry for the slow progress updates.

I'll try to get a few photo's posted next week.

It is not really a bigger project than I thought and your response has been
better that first expected. We are at around 30 on the deposit meter.
The money so far has not been touched and is still in the account I set up
just for that purpose. I will get back to everyone soon.

Thanks,
Darrell
Old 09-23-2003, 08:59 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the update, Darrell.
And I for one would rather that you took whatever time you need to get these retracts right. I've had too many problems with the Robarts, so I need to have a set that will work right and continue to work right.
Thanks again,..........Jim
Old 09-23-2003, 11:56 AM
Rocketman612

Darrell,
I deeply appreciate the update and I fully agree with CorsairJock. Thanks, Pete
Old 09-23-2003, 09:30 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Im in for a set too!! Just sent Darrell an e-mail...What is the preferred method of payment PayPal or MO??

This will be my first attempt with retracts so I might as well start off right!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.