Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 10:33 PM
ganu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I GIVE UP

Since I was watching from afar and had NOT sent a deposit (yet) I stayed out of this thread and just read as things progressed. Earlier today though, I ordered a set of 615's with the intentions of using the techniques used by others to "beef up" the weak points. Corsair Jock, thanks. I found the thread you told me about and I hope to have the same luck you've had. I'll continue to read here but I've got a plane to build.[sm=redface.gif]
Old 01-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Mach1Latus
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ!

Ganu:
could you post a link to the thread to beef up the robarts. I had one flight with my TF 1/8 Corsair and the gear is all bent up.

Thanks
Stephen
Old 01-06-2004, 08:58 AM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ!

ORIGINAL: Mach1Latus

Ganu:
could you post a link to the thread to beef up the robarts. I had one flight with my TF 1/8 Corsair and the gear is all bent up.

Thanks
Stephen
Look fellas the Robarts are C$%^. You will always be bending and fixing them. The CJ's are better.

I gave up on the Sierra gear because I REALLY want to finish and fly this plane. Darrell's tardiness put me back 4 months. If your not in the same boat or in the planning stages then it makes sense to look at the Sierra gear. Pete
Old 01-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What about [link=http://www.unitracts.co.uk/]Unitracts[/link] rotating retracts? They are available for the Top Flite Corsair, and they look pretty good from the pictures.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:44 PM
voyager_663rd

Just received an email from the unitract mfg: they do not have u.s. or canadian distributor. have to order from them direct.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Glorystomper
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Rocketman612

That's it for me. I just got done cutting out the bottom wing sheeting and mounted my CJ retracts into the Corsair.

Asking for a refund of the deposit.

Pete

I am actually beginning to think the same thing..
Old 01-07-2004, 12:02 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Glorystomper

That's it for me. I just got done cutting out the bottom wing sheeting and mounted my CJ retracts into the Corsair.

Asking for a refund of the deposit.

Pete

I am actually beginning to think the same thing..
Ditto (thinking same thing)
Old 01-07-2004, 12:13 AM
ganu

Here is the thread Stephen. I hope that I've done this right. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_71.../tm.htm#719809
My reason for pressing on is the fact that I've had my plane for QUITE a while watching and waiting, building here and there as I wondered what the gear outcome would be. I DO NOT HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE 615's so I don't want to steer you wrong, Stephen. But I will say that I see in the 615's a inexpensive gear that, according to some, can be made to work. I plan on one guy inparticular being my on-line mechanic if need be. After a couple of months I maybe singing a different tune. Can't say that I jumped ship with Sierra, though. I didn't even get in the boat, just wanted to but have limited resources. Stephen, consider what these other guys say, all of them. Like I said I have no experience with beefing up the robarts and I don't want to steer you wrong. I've never even used retracts before.

Gary
Old 01-07-2004, 12:18 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ganu, you found it about the same time I did (sure is more difficult searching these days with the new and improved RCU), and I 'bumped' it to the top for all to read.
See post #35 in it.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:42 PM
Mach1Latus

Gary & Corsairjock:

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try and work with the 615s since I allready have them, if I can't get the to work then maybe I'll try some thing else.

Stephen
Old 01-07-2004, 02:42 PM
strnglvr

Well Guy's, I Wish the best of luck, to all who are going on with the robart's, I've had all i can stand, with a set of gear that every time your going to takeoff or land you have to get in your prayer closet for an hour before hand, i'll wait Darrell out. i have to much time and money invested, to let it all go to chance,....i think it's terrible that you buy a new set of gear, then rebuild them, and they still may or may not work, and since you change them you no longer get a warranty,

I have grounded my p-40 and Corsair,.........till i get a good set of gear,.......well i got new medicine today, and its kickin in,.............all for today,.........Paul
Old 01-07-2004, 02:53 PM
cap10fan
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have personally been to Darell's shop and can assure all that it will be worth the wait. The quality and looks will be un-matched.

I am not in such a rush to fly my Corsair to risk it on faulty retracts that a manufacturer has no interest in making right. I'll wait on Sierra!

Todd Coleman
Old 01-07-2004, 02:57 PM
kram51

. . .still . . . . . hanging . . . .. on!!!

[]

Mark
Old 01-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Hellcat716
My Feedback: (2)

I am patiently waiting also and I don't understand why Darell can't let us know how much longer we need to wait. Lack of communication is very frustrating. I can wait, bit not another six months. Please, Darell, give us an update when we might expect the new gear.
Thank you.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:03 PM
strnglvr

Well,,,,,I just talked to darrell before i wrote my last post, he got SWAMPED over Chritmas, He said that he's almost caught up, barring nothing more unexpected comes up, he might be able to start shipping by the end of Jan., I for one understand where he's comin from, he has to keep the bills paid, he's not going to make a bundle off these p-40-corsair retract's, he saw a need and was willing to try and help us all out. and call it a gut feeling, but worrying about the gear will be the last thing i have to worry about with his gear in my plane..........judge for yourself, what are your options? ROBART,................not again, i'll make a gocart out of that plane first,........Paul
Old 01-07-2004, 04:14 PM
strnglvr

Sorry, Almost forgot,......When talking to darrell, He has got to fly more time on these gear, he also put more weight in the plane, weighing in at 12.5 pounds,.....and the gear is holding up fine,....and he thinks everyone will be very happy with these gear,...........Paul
Old 01-07-2004, 04:54 PM
voyager_663rd

Thanks for the update Paul. I'm sure we can understand how busy business people are. But a quick note is all that's needed to assure the masses (well, small masses). Thks again.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:25 PM
voyager_663rd

ORIGINAL: Richard L.

What about [link=http://www.unitracts.co.uk/]Unitracts[/link] rotating retracts? They are available for the Top Flite Corsair, and they look pretty good from the pictures.
Just got an email back from a fellow who uses these. Loves them. But they are apparently only sold in England/europe so that's where ya gotta go. It reads:

"I can recommend Unitracts they are extremely well made and can be easily adjusted .
They are made in England so if you do need a repair you have to send them back."
Old 01-08-2004, 10:06 PM
WarpdSpazm

I personally won't be ready for the retract issue until end of Feb or March... Hopefully by then they'll be out and I'll know if I can fit them in my H-9 Corsair .60.... If not... CJM did make a set (w/ matching tailwheel - retracting) specificly for my bird... guess it's better than stock mechs.[sm=tired.gif]
Old 01-13-2004, 11:48 AM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All I can say guys is that I know Darrell is very busy with gear. I, myself, am responsible for keeping him busy for a set of custom gear for my 13 foot corsair. All I can say is that I have a few sets of Darrell's gear, and they are by far the best in the business. It will be worth the wait, I assure you. I know we can get tired of waiting...me included...but if you can wait on the gear, I would do so. Darrell will not let you down in the end. My personal thanks to Darrell for all his help
Old 01-22-2004, 02:56 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Okay, looking for my weekly warm fuzzy that the gear is still forthcoming. How are the test flights going?

Don
"Won't Get Fuscoed Again"
Old 01-23-2004, 12:55 PM
Hellcat716
My Feedback: (2)

I gave up on Darrell today. Went with century jet for the Hangar 9 Corsair. Just can't believe he won't answer a e-mail. Imagine what kind of customer service you will have with him?
Old 01-23-2004, 12:56 PM
voyager_663rd

ya, dec 2 I think was the last time he communicated with this posting.
Old 01-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hellcat716

I gave up on Darrell today. Went with century jet for the Hangar 9 Corsair. Just can't believe he won't answer a e-mail. Imagine what kind of customer service you will have with him?

After nearly two weeks, a couple of emails and a phone call I did get my refund from Sierra. Dealing with the refund was like dealing with the gear. Darrell is preoccupied with working on his "High end" gear where he makes his real income. The TF gear are a low priority item that get worked on apparently at his leisure. Darrell said as much to me last month.

I want to apologize for helping to push this project. I like many of you just wanted a good set of gear for their 60 size warbird. Just because some of us can't fly the big ones doesn't mean we don't demand quality and attention to detail in our planes. Having looked into Sierra's reputation for quality and customer satisfaction I was comfortable in helping generate the interest for the initial 20 orders. I now see that that trust was misplaced.

I'm sure Darrell has good intentions but "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Pete
Old 01-23-2004, 03:01 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Uh oh. I just sent an email to Darrell inquiring about a delivery date for my 3 sets that I have on deposit. Hope I hear from him soon or I'll have to go the refund route, too. I wonder if all the depositors pull out that he'll just forget about the whole thing? CR$P!

Don

ORIGINAL: Hellcat716

After nearly two weeks, a couple of emails and a phone call I did get my refund from Sierra. Dealing with the refund was like dealing with the gear. Darrell is preoccupied with working on his "High end" gear where he makes his real income. The TF gear are a low priority item that get worked on apparently at his leisure. Darrell said as much to me last month.

I want to apologize for helping to push this project. I like many of you just wanted a good set of gear for their 60 size warbird. Just because some of us can't fly the big ones doesn't mean we don't demand quality and attention to detail in our planes. Having looked into Sierra's reputation for quality and customer satisfaction I was comfortable in helping generate the interest for the initial 20 orders. I now see that that trust was misplaced.

I'm sure Darrell has good intentions but "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Pete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.