Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Regarding LaserLizard...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Regarding LaserLizard...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Vonsteubonson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regarding LaserLizard...

I am very interested in the Ziroli Corsair short kit that is for sale at the LazerLizard website. I am not quite sure what comes in his definition of a short kit. What does it contain (ribs, formers,etc.)
And for those who built the Corsair from Jesse's kit, what other materials did you buy for the wood construction other than his short kit? Thanks in advance!

RORY_S
Old 06-18-2003, 10:35 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See if you can contact board member "ProfLooney". I believe he has LazerLizard cut all his kits.
Old 06-19-2003, 01:46 AM
p-47d-25

Hi, I have purchased two Laserlizard kits, all within a week of each other. The laser cutting that is done by Jesse is first-rate quality. I will never cut my own kit again. All parts are numbered, and match the plans exactly. The prices is what gets me. The prices are well beyond worth it. Give him a try, I will guarantee you will be satisfied.
As far as what is included, all parts minus sticks, sheeting and balsa blocks (If it applies). Go to Balsa USA to order your sheeting. They are priced right,and I have always received excellent quality from them.
By going this route, I will still save tons of money. Don't go to a local hobby shop. Prices seem to sky rocket. I only go there in a pinch. Hope this helps.

Nick
Old 06-19-2003, 03:51 PM
1wolf
My Feedback: (3)

I just got in a Smith B-17 a Ziroli P-61 and a Ziroli P-38 from Laser Lizard and they all look great. I am going to be getting in all my "dream" kits while his pricing is this good. He can't stay that cheap forever. This balsa is nice quality and the parts are well marked. I Love the way he ships his stuff and I can buy 3 kits for the price of one anywhere else. I prefer to buy my own sheeting as I don't always get the sheeting quality or thickness I would like from the others. Just e me if you have any questions about his kits!
Old 06-19-2003, 04:21 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have seen his listings on E-bay, and I checked his feedback. Seems everybody is impressed with his work. i think 1wolf has it pegged. Soon he will be able to raise prices and stay backed up like a lot of other cutters. Right now his prices ar really low.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:27 PM
TU95 Bear IV

I got a Smith TU-95 Bear cut by Jesse about 350 to 400 pieces each and everyone of them matched grain for grain to the plans. I will never cut parts myself again.... Jesse you have my business..

Charlie
Bear Builder 1/12
Old 06-19-2003, 09:56 PM
laserlizard
My Feedback: (29)

Default thanks for the accolades

Hi guys! I will have the corsair pictures up soon so that those interested can see the short kit. I welcome further questions. Just email me. Or ask here.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:50 PM
acs52
My Feedback: (3)

Default Laser Lizard

I bought a Don Smith B-17, and a Ziroli B-25. Both at once. I was not disappointed. The best money I have ever spent!!!You could spend more, but not get better! The semi kits are primo quality. Jesse stands behind his work!
Old 06-19-2003, 11:48 PM
seafurymike

Default Go laser lizard

Jesse is the man,

you want it cut, or even vectored and then cut, he's the man.
Don't worry about the rest.
Great customer focus.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:20 AM
stefanP
My Feedback: (2)

I have to agree with everybody here He has cut one semi kit(Me 108) for me. All you can say is nice work.stefanP
Old 06-20-2003, 02:59 AM
KenR
My Feedback: (17)

Laserlizard... If you guys only knew the whole story about this guy. I live in the same town he USED to live in and know the guy he USED to work for. His work is good and it is cheap. If you care to know more, contact me direct.

Ken
Old 06-20-2003, 03:01 AM
ProfLooney

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LaserLizard

U guys doing such a good job i dont have to answer lol but Jesse does all my kits and does a good job of cutting for me.

Joe
Old 06-20-2003, 11:35 AM
Vonsteubonson

Default Thanks, one more, guys!

OF COURSE NOW! I will purchase a few kits from him. I like how the pieces are numbered! I do speculate that his prices wont stay down forever and I think he knows it. Im not going toget into the whole business ideals/ergonomics thing, but you know at $130 I'll be all over it. I dont really care if it goes up 50 bcks or so.
Yeah, I'm in!

Thanks,
RORY_S
Old 06-20-2003, 04:39 PM
Reg Hinnant
My Feedback: (9)

Yeah, Darn-it!
You guys are sending him so many orders that he cant get to my small piddley stuff.
Keep sending him the work. He's really a nice young man, thats doing a great job.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:22 AM
Rahlberg13-delete

I've had Jesse do a couple laser kits for me and the workmanship was excellent as was the delivery. He's upfront and straightforward with me on pricing and is even helping me design the laser cut sheets so as to minimize excess cutting time.

I highly recommend Jesse for all your laser cutting work.

Thanks Jesse.

Russ
Oakdale Aircraft
www.oakdaleaircraft.com
Old 06-21-2003, 10:51 AM
OBDOC
My Feedback: (73)

I have three of Jesse's kits so far and am overly impressed. The workmanship is outstanding. All the parts are laser-etched with their corresponding location on the plans. I'm waiting for him to have the Ziroli P-51 ready and then I'm getting that one also. I'm sending him the plans for the Vailly Tempest for him to cut if anyone is interested in that one.
Needless to say, I'm one very satisfied customer.

OBDoc
Old 06-21-2003, 11:36 AM
ProfLooney

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tempest

OB Doc he has the Tempest as I did it earlier this summer and just Finished up the Z P-51 :0) He would have the typhoon and the Seafury too but I dont have the plans for them. One thing I might mention Guys and Gals, and that is if you dont see a certain kit up on his site email him and ask him as he has several kits he doesnt have up on the site yet and also because i just havent gotten to vectoring some of the other plans I have for him yet but if you ask for something one of us already has the scans for he can get it vectorized in no time. I just finished the Mick Reeves 1/4 scale Spit and I know thats not on his site yet along with my 1/3.5 scale Hurri.

See guys I started scanning in all the plans I had and decided why not start tracing them all into cad format so when i printed and built them they would be fixed and all the parts would be symetrical etc and one of the things i did for myself and glad that Jesse continues to do it is that every marking that is on the part on the plans is transferred to the laser cut part thus you dont have to draw your guide lines on the parts because they are already there !!!!!! when i met jesse with the old guy they werent cutting plane kits and i talked him into it and sent my vectors to him to have me a couple kits cut and been a happy customer ever since. So Jesse you get all my business

Joe
Old 06-21-2003, 10:01 PM
laserlizard

Default Giving credit where credit is due!

You guys are too nice to me! Thanks, so much for all of the kind words... you make me blush. But, I must say I sure have never been happier..... since I started my own business. I cannot believe the response from my happy customers! I love rc and love cutting wood! Let's all thank the Lord and Proflooney because (due to our friendship - he provided all of the ziroli cad work that he had drawn on his own)........I was able to offer such a large selection of short kits when I first started... That man is a master! And a good friend and customer , too!!!!! When I left my old job, good ole Proflooney sent me his tracing files to help me get a good start! And the list continues to grow as he and I work together on more drawings! I thank him everyday! Good flying and looking forward to the future and the wonderful building days to come! Thanks again, guys!

PS I am about to take some pictures of the just finished Ziroli Corsair short kit that Prolooney and I just finished drawings on! ( Which I believe is what this whole discussion started out about! hehe)
Old 06-21-2003, 10:38 PM
laserlizard

Default Corsair Laser short kit picture

Here is a picture of the fresh off the" focused light" ... short kit for those interested. 1/5th scale Ziroli Corsair
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	88267_34129.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	50871  
Old 06-21-2003, 11:13 PM
Jesstar

Jesse,

you shipped anything to the UK yet ??
Old 06-21-2003, 11:20 PM
laserlizard

Default Shipping

I ship worldwide, my friend! I use the us mail. Email me for a price quote on shipping to your address. Thanks
Old 06-22-2003, 09:28 AM
robt46

Default Lazerlizard

Hey glad to see Jesse getting the Kudos. You deserve it. This guy is great. Hope your business is booming. Looks like it from here. I think the work is top notch and the service is first rate. Plus Jesse is just a great guy. I"ll stick with him. Thanks Jesse. Robt.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:41 PM
k_sonn
My Feedback: (32)

I just received a kit from Jesse for the Ziroli P-47. It looks outstanding.