Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

EasyTiger

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 12:58 AM
frets24
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EasyTiger

Wow, I guess I got lucky. bought the KI-61 from him Jan 2009. Nice guy on the phone, order processed quickly and on my doorstep 8 calender days later. Nicely packged, decent quality arf at a fair price. Incorrect spinner size in box, new one in my mailbox within 2 weeks, no charge. No problems here, hate to hear that others feel they're getting the roo-roo with E.T., Seems like a stand-up guy. I'd buy from him again
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21749.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1391963  
Old 03-06-2010, 05:32 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

He has always been responsive to me by email , first class and I have seen post where he explaned delays ect and the guys seemed very happy in the end .
I am wondering if the delay is a result of Curtis traveling overseas ? I know he visits the facilities first hand so your not getting second hand or poor quality goods that are imported with a bait and switch manner . I have spoken to him personall via email on our mutual import experience and I know first hand he sincerly cares about the quality if the goods he is selling .
Old 03-06-2010, 07:24 PM
JGrc
My Feedback: (29)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

People take ARF's to fly-ins?
Old 03-07-2010, 07:45 AM
rcwarbirdbuilder
My Feedback: (104)

I have had the same problems,, he sent me junk after a long wait, than he would not refound or give replacement,, than he quit answering his phone on me.,
Old 03-07-2010, 09:16 AM
planeome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the tbf Avenger and am very happy with every thing!
Old 03-07-2010, 11:47 AM
rcwarbirdbuilder
My Feedback: (104)

Ya, he has got to do something right once in awhile to keep some customers, consider yourself lucky, I have to beleive some of these great aclaims are phony..
Old 03-14-2010, 08:44 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's another one: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9580402/tm.htm
Old 05-24-2010, 08:46 PM
royce322

ORIGINAL: TLH101

Can you tell us about your negative experiecne with Easytiger Models?

Because I saw that you posted on several threads, but it does not say anywhere where you actually bought anything.

So I think you are just spreading gossip, and its really sad.

Ihave bought two planes from Easytigers, the Storch and the SR71 Blackbird, and both were everything that was promised.

But I am really suspicious of what Iread here now.

Somebody posted about the storch, saying it was junk and would not fly because the slats were wrong, and how they should get theri money back.

Only problem was it was a fairey tale, because the Easytiger Storch does not even have slats.

So Ithink people ought to stick to personal experiences and just talk about what they actually know about.

Not make up stories, or just gossip.

I am looking at buying my third Easytiger plane, the most expensive one yet, a big warbird, and Iam confident it will be everything they say it will be.

Ihave not been dissapointed yet by Easytiger.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:15 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: royce322

Because I saw that you posted on several threads, but it does not say anywhere where you actually bought anything.

I have bought two planes from Easytigers, the Storch and the SR71 Blackbird, and both were everything that was promised.

But I am really suspicious of what I read here now.

Somebody posted about the storch, saying it was junk and would not fly because the slats were wrong, and how they should get theri money back.

Only problem was it was a fairey tale, because the Easytiger Storch does not even have slats.

So I think people ought to stick to personal experiences and just talk about what they actually know about.

I am looking at buying my third Easytiger plane, the most expensive one yet, a big warbird, and I am confident it will be everything they say it will be.

I have not been dissapointed yet by Easytiger.

Wow Royce! You have 11 posts on RCU and ALL of them were made on ONE day and ALL of them were in regards to Easy Tiger Models?

IS THIS REALLY A COINCIDENCE???

you are trying to discredit people that have had a bad experience with ET, but it seems that YOU are the one with an agenda!!!

Regards,

astrohog
Old 05-25-2010, 11:19 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have bought two planes from Easytigers, the Storch and the SR71 Blackbird, and both were everything that was promised.

So I think people ought to stick to personal experiences and just talk about what they actually know about.

I am looking at buying my third Easytiger plane, the most expensive one yet, a big warbird, and I am confident it will be everything they say it will be.

Wow Royce! You have 11 posts on RCU and ALL of them were made on ONE day and ALL of them were in regards to Easy Tiger Models?

IS THIS REALLY A COINCIDENCE???

you are trying to discredit people that have had a bad experience with ET, but it seems that YOU are the one with an agenda!!!

Regards,

astrohog

Old 05-25-2010, 11:46 PM
stang151

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Odd isn't it??
Old 06-23-2010, 05:41 PM
SunnyFlyer09

ORIGINAL: frets24

Wow, I guess I got lucky. bought the KI-61 from him Jan 2009. Nice guy on the phone, order processed quickly and on my doorstep 8 calender days later. Nicely packged, decent quality arf at a fair price. Incorrect spinner size in box, new one in my mailbox within 2 weeks, no charge. No problems here, hate to hear that others feel they're getting the roo-roo with E.T., Seems like a stand-up guy. I'd buy from him again

They are always nice guys on the phone....they want your CC number. How nice is he when you don't get your product in 11 weeks!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 AM
kmtranmd
My Feedback: (71)

It appears that most of the complaints are related to shipping delay, which can be a logistic problem with a start up company.
Please describe your personal experiences with the kit quality though. I'm on the side line looking at the FW190 and the P47.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:33 PM
kahloq

Ive been considering the FW-190 as well....and possibly the me-109.....although the fw-190 would probably be easier to fix the out o9f scale issues
Old 06-25-2010, 04:03 PM
vallawyer

ORIGINAL: kmtranmd

It appears that most of the complaints are related to shipping delay, which can be a logistic problem with a start up company.
Please describe your personal experiences with the kit quality though. I'm on the side line looking at the FW190 and the P47.
Ihave actual experience. Two planes: The Focke Wolfe 190. Looks great, great hardware, very easy to put together, maybe the easiest, maybe the best flying easiest flying warbird Ihave ever had. It is very light for a plane of this size. I have the electric motor system from Easy Tiger, and it works perfect, its a brute of a motor, feels like a 100cc motor at least. I am not an electric expert, Ibought the complete setup and it worked like they said. Ihave a lot of flying on this plane and no issues to speak of. The only thing Idid was to put extra glue and triangle stock into the landing gear mounts, like you should with every airplane. Inever had an airplane that really had enough in there out of the box. Everything on the plane fit perfectly, and there were many more things done on the model than most Arfs, like the wing bolts were already drilled and blind nuts already put in for you, as well as the leading edge dowels. All the hinging is already done in a scale way, with a piece of wire that slides in from the wingtip and its all done.
The second one is the P47 Thunderbolt. Iam not finished with it yet, but Iam very happy so far. The wing goes on differently, it plugs into the sides of the fuse, which Ilike better than bolting to the bottom of the fuselage. The hinging is robart pin hinges, they are already done except for glue, so you pull each hinge out, put glue in, and then put the hinge back.
I am not sure yet if Iwill go gas or electric on the P47 yet.
I like the fact that Ican pick up the phone and get them if Ihave a question, and I like the fact that they fly all the planes and have videos to prove it.
So far I am very happy, and Icannot think of anything to complain about at all. Ithink the price is very good for what you get, it would cost a lot more to build one from wood or a glass kit, and they are very light. Best flying warbird Ihave ever had, probably.
Would Ibuy another?Yes, but not right now, I bought two and that is enough for now, if something crashes or they make something new Ireally have to have, Iwould do it again. I am thinking of getting rid of some smaller models, because this is a good size, bit enough to fly great but not so big to transport. Maybe if I get rid of some smaller ones, I will get another Easy Tiger plane.
The P47 looks like it is going to fly even better, we will see. All P47s fly great.
As far as scale goes, I'm happy with both models and they way they look, to me, its an Arf, Idon't expect perfect scale, it's definitely a Focke Wolfe, nobody who has seen the model in person has said it looks anything but great. Maybe a judge at Top Gun might say different. But I don't care.
I'm not so sure that all the people posting here actually have experience with Easy Tiger, but its a free country, they can say what they want.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:40 PM
vallawyer

I flew my {47 today and it is even better than teh FW190, it is the easiest and best flying warbird I have ever had, and I could not be more pleased, and I'm still high from flying it, I want to tell anyone who will listen, it just flew so beautiful, and it was such a beautiful day, I flew both warbirds, the FW190 and the P47, and both are nothign but a joy.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Purepain

HI I JUST WANTED TO LET ANYONE WHO IS THINKING OF DEALING WITH EASY TIGER MODELS TO THINK TWICE!!!!!! I HAD RECENTLY ORDERED AJET FROM EASY TIGER MODELS AND SPOKE WITH SOME GUY WHO CLAIMED TO BE THE OWNER "CURTIS" ANYWAY THE FIRST ISSUE I HAD WAS WITH THE PRICE .THE AD IN THE MAGAZINES STATE THAT THIS JET WAS BEING SOLD AS A READY TO FLY FOR $279.00 AND WHEN I PLACED MY ORDER WITH CURTIS HE STATED THAT IT WAS A MIS-PRINT AND THE READY TO FLY WAS $329.00 PLUS SHIPPING SO RATHER THAN ARGUE I ASKED HIM IF HE WOULD AT LEAST THROW IN THE BATTERY FOR THE ADVERTISED PRICE HE TOLD ME THAT WOULD BE OK AND HE SAID HE WOULD.I WENT AHEAD WITH MY ORDER AND I ASKED HIM WHAT DAY IT WOULD SHIP HE SAID I WOULD HAVE IT IN A FEW DAYS .AFTER SEVERAL WEEKS OF WAITING I STILL HAD NO PLANE AND STARTED DOING A BIT OF RESEARCH ONLY TO REALIZE THAT I WASNT THE ONLY GUY TO HAVE BEEN GIVEN A FALSE SHIPPING TIME. I CALLED AS WELL AS EMAILED EASY TIGER MODELS ONLY TO WAIT WITHOUT A RESPONSE . FINALLY AFTER WAITING ALMOST 4 WEEKS I CALLED AGAIN AND CURTIS ANWSERED AND TOLD ME THAT THE PLANE HAD IN FACT SHIPPED AND I WOULD HAVE IT ANY DAY I THAN ASKED HIM FOR A TRACKING NUMBER AND HE AGREED TO SEND ME ONE .A DAY LATER A TRACKING NUMBER WAS EMAILED TO ME ONLY TO BE A FALSE NUMBER AND BY THIS TIME IM REALLY PISS#D OF AND OPTED TO CALL AMA ONLY BECAUSE THIS IS THE MAGAZINE THAT I SAW THE EASY TIGER MODELS AD IN AND I SPOKE WITH A MAN WHO TOLD ME THAT FOR UNKNOWN REASONS CURTIS "EASY TIGER MODELS" WOULD NO LONGER BE ADVERTISING IN THERE MAGAZINE .BY NOW IM THINKING THAT $335.00 OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY WAS GOING TO BE THE BITTER PRICE THAT I PAID FOR AN EDUCATION MEANING IM BURNT!!!!!!!! NEARLY 4 WEEKS AFTER MY ORDER WAS PLACED I GOT MY JET ONLY TO BE SHORT ONE BATTERY LOL LIKE I KIND OF FIGURED AT THIS POINT IM LUCKY TO HAVE RECIEVED ANYTHING .I CALLED CURTIS TO TELL HIM ABOUT THE BATTERY AND HE TOLD ME THAT THE BATTERY WAS SHIPPED WITH THE JET AND HE HAD TAPED IT TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX AAAHH HUH not!!!!!!!! I ALSO MENTIONED TO HIM THAT THE JET WAS IN BAD SHAPE ,IT LOOKED LIKE A DISPLAY MODEL ,REALLY BEAT UP .HE TOLD ME TO STOP CALLING HIM AND HE DIDNT WANT MY BUISNESS ANYMORE .NOT A PROBLEM CURTIS . IM POSTING THIS TO TELL ANYONE WHO IS CONSIDERING TO DO ANY KIND OF BUISNESS WITH EASY TIGER MODELS TO AGAIN THINK TWICE AND DO YOUR RESEARCH IM ONE OF HUNDREDS THAT HAS PURCHASED FROM CURTIS ONLY TO BE LIED TO,AND CHEATED OUT OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY AS WELL AS MADE TO FEEL LIKE A PILE OF CRAP...PLEASE TAKE MY ADVISE AND ORDER FROM A COMPANY THAT HASNT BEEN BANNED FROM ADVERTISING ON EVERY WEBSITE AS WELL AS MAGAZINE IN THE US BUYER BEWARE AND HAPPY FLYING THANKS FOR YOUR TIME ...
Old 10-25-2010, 09:10 PM
multienjim
My Feedback: (26)

I have also ordered from easy tiger models a set floats three months ago and paid over 300 dollars and was told 7-10 days. I still have no floats. they took 3 weeks to even ship them the first time and claim they must have got lost after another month so they said they sent out a set again now 3 weeks later they are still not here and are making excuses and are giving us a hard time also. my 1st and last order from easy tiger models. BEWARE
Old 10-27-2010, 12:38 AM
multienjim

I just got a tracking number on my floatsfrom easy tiger models on 10-25-2010, it turns out when I ck on usps web sight my floats just leftchina on 10-23-20104 days ago 3 month's after my order was paid for. I will re post if they show up. jim
Old 11-02-2010, 07:38 PM
multienjim

My floats from easy tiger made it here friday 10-29 -10 and look like they are very nice quality. 56" long for any one who needs a set that big and have rivets molded in also and all hardware included and painted silver.only problem was the 3 month wait when i was told 10 days,still they were worth the wait if your not in a hurry for the 259 dollar price. happy landingsall jim.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Experten109/40
My Feedback: (-1)

seems that Easy Tiger is ripping alot of people off... not just in scale looks, but also in CASH, HARDWARE & TIME.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Experten109/40
My Feedback: (-1)

so did anybody get there issues resolved with easy tiger?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:23 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

zero issues here. everything i bought came as stated and fast. i can see some of the chinese mfg's dragging there feet making him look bad. that happens to everyone who deals in chinese products from time to time. barry
Old 03-30-2011, 03:16 AM
rlbomber

I had bought a Mosquito from Easytiger Models back in December based on it's ad that it has upgraded components.  The ad states (and still states) that the ESC's have been upgraded to 35 amps. 

Well, upon checking the other day, I noticed that they were not upgraded and that they were 30 amps as per the Hobby King version.  When I questioned Curtis on this, his statement was that they were incorrectly marked.  Bulls__t, I was ripped off!

I paid roughly $40 dollars for an item that did not have the advertised components.  Never again will I purchase from this rip off company.  I should have listened to the other posts.

Hopefully, after filling a complaint with the BBB, something will be done and other people won't waste thier money on this company.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:45 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i see this is your first post and u just joined. could we see pics of said speed control. just like to more about a new poster. thats all. barry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.