Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:20 AM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KMP

ANyone know the status of KMP and future models. If you go to the website, future planes like the Frank and the Hellcat no longer have a detail page. Dauntless no longer has a page. I read somewhere that they lost their factory. Anyone got a clue?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:04 AM
G-Pete

Default RE: KMP

CMP is still up and running - then KMP should be too
Old 06-25-2009, 08:07 AM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KMP IS STILL GOING STRONG, JUST UPDATING ITS lines and also restructuring its offerings based on factory agreements...

YOU all will see those 80" birds yet !!!

-More to come soon!

-TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
www.vqwarbirds.com
Old 06-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Never really understood why people seem to panic so easily when a webpage isn't fully updated...
Old 06-25-2009, 09:47 AM
jmohn

They are still going strong. There will be some great new planes coming out soon! I just did the maiden on my KMP Hurricane and it's the best one yet! Can't wait to start my Me-110.

Jeff
Old 06-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Evil_Merlin

Jeff, be aware, that everyone I know that has built the KMP Bf110, it has come out very over weight and even with extra power flies like it is still over weight. KMP's site claims 17lbs, but most are coming in closer to 24-25lbs.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:52 AM
alanc

17lb?? clearly, with a 96inch twin, that is a misprint, the correct weight should be 22lb, straight out the box, depending on powerplant, and systems fitted, but the comment of it flys heavy is wrong, comments of flys like a trainer, lightest twin i have flown, have all been made, i am way tempted to get one, and use it as a glider, for PSS soaring dont it with our spitfire, fancy doing it with a twin
Old 06-25-2009, 12:11 PM
G-Pete

ORIGINAL: G-Pete
that means not subsequently they are the same - or the same factory. That means the one does good - why not the other.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:32 AM
kinverflyer

that means not subsequently they are the same - or the same factory. That means the one does good - why not the other.
CMP is an aircraft manufacturer, KMP is an importer of ESM kits produced by ESM in their own factory, nothing to do with CMP.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Evil_Merlin

Just going by what the KMP website (and the YT international site) says, and the complaints of three people whom have built and flown the Bf110 to date.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:00 AM
alanc

yes, i noticed our site was wrong too, thankyou for bringing it to our attention, the weight will be changed , i am at a loss as to how the incorrect weight was given on both sites, it will be amended soon,
Old 06-26-2009, 10:43 AM
jmohn

Evil,

I have been watching the progress of others with the 110 and am planning on keeping mine very light. For one I will be using two Power 60 motors which will greatly reduce the battery weight. I also plan on getting the batteries in the nose to get better balance. I also won't add a cockpit kit or other "scale" stuff that may add weight.

I don't think I will start this until the winter time. I sure hope it works out with the two 60 motors as it's been a good power plant for many of my planes so far.

Thanks for the heads up!

Jeff
Old 06-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Evil_Merlin

Alan,

Check the box sticker too. If I'm not mistaken that says 17lbs as well...
Old 06-26-2009, 03:11 PM
alanc

i will, seems to be bad marks all round, slip ups happen, thanks again
Old 06-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Evil_Merlin

You said it... stuff happens!
Old 06-26-2009, 05:20 PM
bokis

Interesting to read about the 110 and how it is to fly,weight etc..Whats the problem? I have flown mine several times now and I cant understand why some of the writers here are so interested of spreading rumours about this aircraft without actually having flown it.
I have a couple of 91 fourstrokes in it (recomended size) and it flies great! Have a video of the maiden ,not a great flight but it was a typical maiden,some adjustements afterwords and now it performs very well..
http://www.viddler.com/explore/drhan...s/319/195.546/
// Bokis
Old 06-27-2009, 01:01 AM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

Kondor Model Products is a company that has grown from infancy to a promise to supply the best in value priced model ARF designs to the Modeler who has the discernment to tell the difference. KMP, in a business move that will change once again a line of aircraft for the discerning eye.

Fact: Kondor Model Products is no longer an importer of ESM products. Where the factory wanted to go and KMP wanted to go were two different paths. ESM models in the United States and Canada will no longer bear the KMP name. The influence of Andrew Kondor will no longer grace this line of Warbirds. What you order from now on with ESM models will reflect the opinions of the Chinese manufacturer only. They no longer represent the interests of KMP but their own inspirations in design. If you want a KMP ESM aircraft, call KMP and see what is left. After this inventory, ESM is on their own.

KMP is gearing up to release what we call the signature series of Warbirds designed for what the American modeler and the thirst for quality he or she wants. An Arf design incorporating some modular technology in design, true to scale for the discerning pilot, and hardware born of the USA. This means if you need a piece that was destroyed or lost, most likely your hobby shop will have it. The planes will be IMAA qualified designed to incorporate scale exhaust systems and scale cockpits. And yes, we heard you when it comes to the manuals. They will be rewritten. The first releases are targeted for late fall. KMP ante's up once again to strive to attain the goals as set forth by Andrew Kondor,,, A Model of Distinction.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:08 AM
Evil_Merlin

ORIGINAL: bokis

Interesting to read about the 110 and how it is to fly,weight etc..Whats the problem? I have flown mine several times now and I cant understand why some of the writers here are so interested of spreading rumours about this aircraft without actually having flown it.
I have a couple of 91 fourstrokes in it (recomended size) and it flies great! Have a video of the maiden ,not a great flight but it was a typical maiden,some adjustements afterwords and now it performs very well..
// Bokis

So how much did you tip the scales at when you were flying... I bet its not near 17lbs.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Pippin

...on take off, the Me 110 looks like dropping a wing. I guess, you could have needed 5 or 10 kn extra.

Heavy bird, high wing loading plus narrow wingtip = unhappy pilot.

A light planes that everybody can land w/o trouble would not pop up as a little wicht in the forum. As seen in a women s magazine, weight is an disputable issue. But a black painted plane would not fly better, wouldn´t it? Me 110 night fighter?
Old 06-27-2009, 02:23 PM
alanc

we have had NO reports of it being heavy, evil merlin, why again do you mention 17lbs? i have said its wrong, why do you mention this figure again????
Old 06-27-2009, 05:45 PM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

ORIGINAL: Evil_Merlin

Alan,

Check the box sticker too. If I'm not mistaken that says 17lbs as well...
Actually you are once again misinformed and mistaken. The box sticker reads 19.8lbs. Why don't you man up and buy one?
Old 06-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Evil_Merlin

Mostly becuse KMP service sucks. I've been sitting on a set of Gen 5 leaky gear since January of 2009 and still don't have them resolved yet. If Andrew can't even stand up for a $250.00 set of retracts, I highly doubt he is going to care much about anything else. People can claim how good his customer service is all you want, but the point is he didn't take care of me. Thats AFTER I was convinced to give him a try after him defending that horrid Fw 190 as "scale outline accurate".

Its also a C model Bf 110. I prefer the G's. And its not all that easy to turn this C into a G at all.

For those that are saying the KMP Bf 110 is light, why don't you go read why Ty (fockewulf37) sold his RIGHT after he built it:

"Jeff,
I am sooo flustered right at this moment. I am upset at the flying weight. The 2 Skyshark motors would be perfect if this plane was 19-20lbs as first advertised. Fully loaded right now I am 23.5 lbs and if i chose to balance it at the required location per the manual I would be at 24LBS.. The plane does not have enough power to run comfortably unless full throttle. This gives me about a 3 minute run time before the batteries will get too hot....I even went to a 8 cell with the motors I have and I had to drop the prop to a 15x8 keep the amps about right. "

Old 06-27-2009, 09:58 PM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

Well, now is your opportunity to be taken care of. Send me your retracts and I will fix them no charge.... I have no idea how you fell through the cracks but it isn't as bad as you say. Secondly, the ME-110 is a Warbird designed for the power of gas engines. It isn't a glider. These fighters fly best at full throttle. Go fast, land dirty, perform well. My Tigercat with a 82" WINGSPAN weighs in at 23+ pounds. 58 oz per square foot wingloading demands speed for the weight. The ME-110 is 95" wingspan. Horses in the nacelles are required. I am not saying electrics can't be done, but horses are required to pull the plane. They don't like to slow down. Call me at KMP and try again. There are some new ideas when it comes to those retracts you might like.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Evil_Merlin

I honestly don't believe that a warbird should, nor need to be flown full throttle to fly its best.

I will call KMP on Monday and listen to what you have to say.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:56 AM
bokis

ORIGINAL: Evil_Merlin

ORIGINAL: bokis

// Bokis

So how much did you tip the scales at when you were flying... I bet its not near 17lbs.

Dont know and isn´nt interested..Does it make any difference?
Alan have already told You several times that 17 Lbs is not correct .
And about the wingloading:no problem at all..
I have my batteries up front along with about a pound of led,again,whats the problem?
I have flown maybe 10 of ESM:s warbirds and they fly great,I find it quite natural that I have to use led up front to replace the heavy original engine the airframes are designed for,the easy way out would be to make the nose longer and to have something thats looks like a spit e.t.c.
And there are plenty of those planes around and I dont want them.
So I will propably keep buying ESM in the future,nice looking and good fun to fly.
I also hope that I can get hold of KMP:s new line of aircraft somewhere in Europe,they look great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.