RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence

Old 05-20-2017, 05:44 PM
badangle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Having problems with rC universe....what changed?

Last edited by badangle; 05-20-2017 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-20-2017, 05:44 PM
badangle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Not getting notifications?
Old 05-20-2017, 05:45 PM
badangle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Couldn't find my way here at first
Old 05-28-2017, 12:51 AM
docgboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

does anyone know the size and length of the bolts that hold the head to the crankcase. Also Mcmaster carr shows vibration resistant bolts that appear to be a good idea for this situation.
Scott
Old 06-06-2017, 07:35 AM
badangle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Mounting Moki 180 ?

I have been reading a post on building the Meister Scale Zero. Unfortunately post ends before engine install. I would like to know if kit must be modified at firewall to accept Moki 180 radial.
the post shows an engine box up front but I think it was a modification...not sure as I am waiting for kit and plans. Any photos of Moki 180 mounted to firewall would help me to visualize hookup.
Thank. george
Old 06-06-2017, 01:13 PM
TimD.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by badangle View Post
I have been reading a post on building the Meister Scale Zero. Unfortunately post ends before engine install. I would like to know if kit must be modified at firewall to accept Moki 180 radial.
the post shows an engine box up front but I think it was a modification...not sure as I am waiting for kit and plans. Any photos of Moki 180 mounted to firewall would help me to visualize hookup.
Thank. george
Hi George. I am building the same plane combo. Yes I had to build the firewall out. Mine has the glass fuse. The firewall is a flat blank piece of plywood. I will get you a picture tonight. Mine is about 2/3 built at this point.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:07 PM
badangle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the reply Tim.
do you have any general advice for first time GIANT scale project? I fell in love with moki sound and always wanted a big fighter....so as a retirement present to myself i decided to go for it
Before I'm too old. ..I just finished ziroli Stearman with 7 cyl. Glow radial but have not flow it yet....want to practice flying as I do more building than flying..but I have no experience with retracts or dual batteries and servos...nothing on this scale...want to check it off my "bucket list" and build this beauty
Old 06-07-2017, 10:27 AM
GeorgiaFlyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by badangle View Post
Thank. george
Here is a link to a build I did on a 96" Bearcat with a Moki 180. check it out starting on post #61 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Bearcat/page5
Here is a link to a mod I did to a Balsa USA Stearman adding a Moki 250 but you can get the idea of the motor mount. Check it out starting at post #30 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Stearman/page2
Hope this helps

Last edited by GeorgiaFlyer; 06-07-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:44 PM
badangle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks georgiaflyer ....the pics were very helpful. ...when I built stearman with 7cyl i shortened nose a bit to comp for extra weight of engine....cg came out ok
Old 06-13-2017, 05:24 PM
GeorgiaFlyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had a spring break on the #4 cylinder exhaust valve on a Moki 250. I had about 35 flights on it, its just over a year and half old. Called Gotz where I purchased it. He sent me two new springs no charge. I had to make a air stem to pump air into the cylinder to get the spring retention cap and C clip re-installed. It work great, keep the pressure down to 35 lbs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4038.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	2220029   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4052.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	2220030   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4051.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	2220031  
Old 06-18-2017, 09:39 AM
docgboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey guys. need some help. Brand new Moki 250 Cylinder at 2 o'clock position not firing. reeding 115 degrees and same when I disconnect plug wire and rpm is down. I had about 1 min when it was firing and rpm was 500 higher. Any suggestions?
Old 06-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Supermod56

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I put the new Rainbowtronic ignition on all 3 of my Moki's, solved all the problems of dead cylinders. Gotz has them for the 250's now.
Tom
Old 06-20-2017, 12:29 AM
docgboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I spoke with Gotz yesterday and he instructed me to lean the low end needle to bring on the cylinder and then the high end. He suggested starting at 1,2 turns on low and 1.6 on the high. He also gave me a lesson on the Comp-arf prop and this engine which is making feel like I waste $600. I will break this engine in with the 32x18 prop I have used on all my other Moki 250s
Old 06-21-2017, 01:41 PM
Growler84

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Regarding the Solo/CARF propeller combination, I offer a two data points to counter the notion that you wasted your money. I personally have over 200 problem free flights worth of experience (Corsair and Jug) using the Moki 250 with either a 3-blade or 4-blade Solo/CARF propeller. My friend Mike, has over 100 on his CARF Jug with the same prop combo. I am confident there are more guys out there with the same experience. The 32 X 18 is a solid approach, but once the engine is dialed in to your satisfaction don't be afraid to use the Solo/CARF propeller setup.

Search this Thread