Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Heritage R/C Skyraider info wanted

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Heritage R/C Skyraider info wanted

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 10:29 PM
Brian C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heritage R/C Skyraider info wanted

Thinking of adding the Heritage R/C A-1 Skyraider to my stack of kits to be built. Does anyone have any experience with the kit and it's flying qualities?

Thanks in advance,

Brian
Old 03-30-2002, 04:22 AM
budcop
My Feedback: (23)

Hi Brian, have you spoken with anyone at Heritage? the reason I'm asking is , I was going to order their new kit the TBM Avenger and sent emails with no response, called the listed number and got a recording. I have since bought a P-40 kit but would still like to build that TBM, let me know if you make contact with them...Thanks, Bud......
Old 03-31-2002, 04:24 PM
Yak18
My Feedback: (11)

They should still be in business...they are still spending big bucks on magazine ads in the latest issues.
Old 03-31-2002, 07:15 PM
bmustang
My Feedback: (4)

Mark McAllister, the proprietor of Heritage R/C, is a pilot with one of the airlines. He may have been out "working" when you tried to call. I've had some long enjoyable gabs with him, at his expense, too. Heritage is a small company, and he had 1 or 2 employees when I talked to him, but those situations tend to change over time. I would keep trying the phone from time to time over a few weeks before giving up.

I'm looking forward to getting down that far on my building list to see how my Skyraider kit will go together. Some things are very positive about Heritage kits. The plans are printed on high quality paper that is not as much subject to changing its dimensions with humidity as other kit plans are. The plans are drawn on a large plotter from the same CAD files that control the laser cutter, so they match the parts very well. And they use color coding. And all the cutting is by laser, no die crushing here. There are a lot of lightening holes lasered into the parts too, something you don't often see from the big kit companies.

It also impressed me that he went to the trouble of making sure the fuselage and vertical fin are blended smoothly like the full size AD, not like a certain ARF Skyraider.

The scale shapes look decent by eyeball, at least, tho I have not measured against a 3-view. The structural engineering looks at least carefully thought out and attention has been paid to keeping the weight down while still retaining adequate strength to withstand the rigors of the flying field. Whether it works out that way remains to be seen after I build and fly it, but so far I am favorably impressed with the kit.

I have seen a Heritage Hellcat fly, and it looked very good. The guy said building it was a nice experience - the parts fit was excellent. There have been a number of threads the last few years about Heritage kits, and all who flew them liked the way they flew. The only negatives have been about the plastic parts and now the kits are supplied with with fiberglass cowls. The plastic parts on mine are no worse than most other kits, so I felt the criticisms were a bit overdone.

So far, I would say that you can do a lot worse than a Heritage kit, but it would be hard to do better. And some of the airplanes he does are far from common, especially in this size range.
Old 04-01-2002, 02:24 AM
Auger Din

Default Buildability...

How would the Heritage Skyraider or TBM kits stack up in ease of building? Say for a guy who has a couple of the easier kits under his belt?

I'd love to have a TBM in my hanger, but I haven't exactly seen a lot of kits out that I could run with. I have built a couple of trainers already, as well as a glider, so my modeling skills I would rate as fair right now.

Should I pick up the kit and give her a go? Or work on a couple of others first to build up my skills?

Thanks
Old 09-08-2002, 12:55 PM
RichardC

I, too, am interested in the Heritage Skyraider. However, it seems that Heritage is now out of business. Is there any way that I could find the plans to this plane? I wouldn't mind making it from scratch.

Richard Campion
Old 09-08-2002, 01:30 PM
Brian C

Good News guys,

According to the Heritage R/C website, the company has been sold and will be moving to Arizona. They expect to be back up in October. You can access the page at www.heritagerc.com.

Hope this helps,
Brian
Old 09-08-2002, 04:35 PM
RichardC

Thanks. I marked the site and will get back to them in a few weeks.

Richard
Old 09-08-2002, 06:04 PM
w0mbat
My Feedback: (1)

Hey guys, I purchased Heritage R/C back in June from Mark Mcallister and will be releasing the first kits - Avenger, Stuka and Dauntless sometime in late October. I am currently in the process of redoing all the fiberglass cowls and plastic molds. I also am re-doing the instruction manuals and decals.

I should have all the previous Heritage kits available by late November. I will also be adding some planes like a Yak-9, P-40, Val and others. My website is www.heritagerc.com - which will change to www.skysharkrc.com and you will be able to order kits and parts online.

In the meantime, if you need any assistance with parts you can email me a [email protected].

Thanks,

Mike Grey
Old 09-11-2002, 02:16 AM
CEEWO

Will the skyraider be ready to order in October? Can't hardly wait.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:48 AM
w0mbat
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry, I don't think the Skyraider will be available until Later November. Well, making the kit will be no problem, however, I am waiting on the fiberglass cowls.

Mike