Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

IMP Macchi C.202 with ZDZ.40

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

IMP Macchi C.202 with ZDZ.40

Old 03-29-2002, 03:30 AM
paladin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default IMP Macchi C.202 with ZDZ.40

I have a IMP Macchi C.202 kit and am concidering very strongly putting a ZDZ 40 in for power. Anyone have any experience with the kit? What engine did you put in it, and how did you have to disburse the radio and lead to ballence it. What was the finished weight of your model? Anyone with ZDZ experience? I've herd a lot of good about these engines but have never seen one actually pull a plane into the air? Their web sight says the engine weights 3.4# with ignition, how much does the pitts muffler weigh?
Old 03-29-2002, 01:36 PM
LDaba
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Macchi & engine

Paladin: I have an IMP Macchi 202 in kit form. I talked at length with Greg Namey before I purchased the kit. He relayed that the guys were using OS 1.08's to power them. These planes were in the 12-14 lb weight range. I had decided to use a Webra 1.20 for mine AND to keep the weight at 13 pounds max.
When I get around to it I will probably use the Webra, or possibly a Super Tigre 3000.
I have all the goodies for the kit, so it will be a competition class , scale effort. It is a refreshing break from the "usual suspects" on the flight line.
I can't help you with your decision about the ZDZ as I have no experience with that engine at all.
Good luck & happy landings Tony
Old 04-07-2002, 04:53 AM
BentBalsa
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Macchi C.202

paladin, anyone

I concidering a Macchi C.202
Anyone have any experience with the kit?
( fiberglass fuse??)

Can you tell me anything about the kit or aircraft, building flying
Whose landing gear does it use, who drew the plans little thing that would convince me to buy one

Thanks JR