Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

60 corsair balance question

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

60 corsair balance question

Old 10-16-2009, 10:59 AM
frenchie79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 60 corsair balance question

Need a little help on balancing a Top Flight 1/8 scale Corsair-Manual calls for 4 1/4" from leading edge and center? I'm assuming the center is midway on the wing from fuse to wing tip- because of it's Gull wing design. Anybody out their can verfy this-Thanks
Old 10-16-2009, 02:08 PM
scalebirdman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 60 corsair balance question

I don't have that plane, so my advice is common sense.

Is the cg location shown on the plans anywhere? That could help you verify the location.
If not, and absent any other info, measure back from the l.e. at the fuse. The leading edge of the corsair wing sweps back only very slightly, so at worse you are slightly nose heavy. Not a bad place to be on a maiden.
Search this forum for other threads that might have your answer.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Craig-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 60 corsair balance question

ORIGINAL: frenchie79

Need a little help on balancing a Top Flight 1/8 scale Corsair-Manual calls for 4 1/4'' from leading edge and center? I'm assuming the center is midway on the wing from fuse to wing tip- because of it's Gull wing design. Anybody out their can verfy this-Thanks
I just took a look at the TF 1/8 Corsair instructions and it appears to me that the reference to "the center of the wing" is where you are can find the CG marking on the plans. It does not seem to indicate to me an indication of where you are supposed to mark the CG on the wing, because the sentence preceding that says to mark the CG location on the top of the wing on either side of the fuselage. I don't have the TF Corsair but I have the Hangar 9 Corsair which has almost the exact same measurements and CG requirements. I balanced my H9 Corsair by marking the recommended CG (4 1/4" from the leading edge of the wing in your case) at the top, root of the wings right next to the fuselage. That worked well for me.