Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts would you buy ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes I would do buy Lado products ?
51.44%
No I would not buy Lado products ?
48.56%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Lado retracts would you buy ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:32 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts would you ?

thats a bit of a stretch saying the CMP planes are up to par with KMP or ESM, having seen a couple of CMP planes, and now owning a ESM model there's not alot to compare, the glass work on the ESM is far superior to the CMP product from the ones I have seen, as well as the paint and detail, fit and finish.

theres been alot of mix mash between the 2 companys KMP and ESM, KMP has its own line and also sold ESM made planes as well,now Andrew K. is producing his own line of planes which has had several photos posted in th KMP thread, which are frankly outstanding looking models.
I am looking forward to seeing the FW190D9 if its anything like the first offerings its going to be a winner,way too many planes out there.

when KMP was selling the ESM line the retail prices were the standard, he wasn't setting the price as a distributor you sell at the price set by the parent company, now all the sudden the prices have dropped so they can increase market share, volume replaces higher prices, that being said KMP got burned a bit in the deal since AK had a bunch of stock set at the higher price there was a huge thread addressing the situation a while back it was a real bummer, KMP drops the ESM line only to develop there own, TBM picks ESM up etc...

there were a few who for good reason felt ripped but you really can't blame KMP for that, since the prices for ESM have dropped to about 300$ there's some definate value there for the quality, and there coming out with Giant scale planes as well, too rich for my blood right now though.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:33 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CMP planes are a great value for what you pay , this is the point I was trying to make similar to esm but yes not the same this i will agree , however you seem to miss the point when it comes to KMP

products such as the gen 5 retracts were considered the best of the best , the very sec these were no longer offered by them you see comments made by KMP downgrading the very same product (OH you get what you pay for with the chinese cheapo stuff !) and yet when it was KMP as long as they could mark it up 30 to 40 percent it wasn't cheap then was it ? If you go back and read previous threads and even on the TBM website you'll see an explanation on why KMP dropped the ESM line , because ESM made it that much harder for KMP to mark up the product as high as they were by distributing to other retailers. the ESM line is very very nice but no were near justifying what they were going for under the KMP label , The CMP was a far better buy buy

just my two cents

Mike
Old 05-04-2010, 10:04 AM
bigtim

I definatly wouldn't call the Gen 5 retracts the best of the bestmabee the fairest of the fair.

I would whole heartedly agree before ESM dropped there prices 30% CMP presented a huge value over there first offerings,I don't know if you have noticed but CMP has slowed down a bit, in introducing new models they came out with the Me109 and not much else in the warbird catagory.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:37 PM
ZERO-322

True its been a long time since CMP came out with anything new , have you noticed though that esm prices seems to be crawling upwards with every new offering ?
Old 05-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Magnum RC

The Gen 5 retracts weakness, in my opinion, is their air system. Magnum RC will be offering Electric retrofits from Lado Tech designed for ESM retracts.The match is made in heaven so we think. All customers who bought the retrofit systems are happy as clams. Magnum RC is now the new US distributor and service location for Lado Systems. If any are interested, go to www.magnumrc.com sign up on the website and sign up for the newsletter. When stock is available come end of May, Beginning of June, everyone on the newsletter will be notified.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:48 PM
ZERO-322

what can these actuators handle as far as weight and size of aircraft that could be safely used ?
Old 05-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Magnum RC

So far, the largest set of retracts to be retrofitted so far is the ESM tricycle gear for the F7F Tigercat. The units raise and lower the heavy struts with no problem. The F7F have long struts to go up into the wheel well bays. They are designed only to pull up and lock the gear and lower and lock the gear. They aren't designed to take the weight of the aircraft, the retract unit does that.

On another note, I bet that when inventory and customer service returns through Magnum RC, this poll will change a lot.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:03 PM
ZERO-322

LOL I will be hope for the very same thing ! So in your opinion the actuators should work fine in a yellow zero using the seira gear ?
Old 05-05-2010, 12:21 AM
christophe31

here one video ( bad quality i know...) with an RS666 mount on an robart 630 with an P47 sierra legs
the total weight is 340 g the wheels is at 30cm far from the retract and weighted 120g.. i'll try to do another one with our new RS999 with and more eavier wheels.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/user/christophe31000#p/a/u/1/P-v36mdqMAQ]lado retract with P47 sierra legs[/link]
Old 05-06-2010, 09:20 PM
HAPPILOT

Christophe, I still get no responses from Doug on my retracts I returned on 4-02-10 for warranty repair Jeremy told me 2 day turnaround thats the only reason I sent them I have been trying to resolve this since 8-26-09 when they quit working on install HUGH
Old 06-13-2010, 10:29 PM
ZERO-322

Well seems with all the new players that have surfaced, was wondering where you all still stood with good ol lado ?
Old 06-14-2010, 08:06 AM
TOMAPOWA
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ZERO-322

Well seems with all the new players that have surfaced, was wondering where you all still stood with good ol lado ?
Who?? [:'(]
Old 06-14-2010, 08:21 AM
G-Pete

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MAGNUMRC.COM
The Gen 5 retracts weakness, in my opinion, is their air system. Magnum RC will be offering Electric retrofits from Lado Tech designed for ESM retracts. The match is made in heaven so we think. All customers who bought the retrofit systems are happy as clams. Magnum RC is now the new US distributor and service location for Lado Systems. If any are interested, go to www.magnumrc.com sign up on the website and sign up for the newsletter. When stock is available come end of May, Beginning of June, everyone on the newsletter will be notified.
Now you guys confuse me even more -

Doug does make them, no he do only repair, oh Christophe makes them, but don't sell them in the US, Magnum makes them now - production back to Lado or what, did you guys make them now??

This is on your website:

* Model: RS666SG
* Shipping Weight: 5lbs
* 0 Units in Stock
* Manufactured by: Magnum RC, LLC

This is very confusing....
Old 06-14-2010, 09:25 AM
christophe31

ORIGINAL: G-Pete

ORIGINAL: MAGNUMRC.COM
The Gen 5 retracts weakness, in my opinion, is their air system. Magnum RC will be offering Electric retrofits from Lado Tech designed for ESM retracts. The match is made in heaven so we think. All customers who bought the retrofit systems are happy as clams. Magnum RC is now the new US distributor and service location for Lado Systems. If any are interested, go to www.magnumrc.com sign up on the website and sign up for the newsletter. When stock is available come end of May, Beginning of June, everyone on the newsletter will be notified.
Now you guys confuse me even more -

Doug does make them, no he do only repair, oh Christophe makes them, but don't sell them in the US, Magnum makes them now - production back to Lado or what, did you guys make them now??

This is on your website:

* Model: RS666SG
* Shipping Weight: 5lbs
* 0 Units in Stock
* Manufactured by: Magnum RC, LLC

This is very confusing....
come on, i'm sure you have learn to read....

this is the references for the retrofit kit Sierra Giant... that the reason why you have SG after the 666 references, and that the reason why Gus write manufactured by him...
for the rest nothing have change we are the only one who produce retracts.

if you have take a look on lado-tech.net you have seen that an shipment of retract was in your country, Gus must receive it soon, it's now in the US custom area..
Old 06-14-2010, 11:32 AM
ZERO-322

I know from previous experience that US customs can delay shipments sometimes weeks or even months, have you guys taken any measures to insure timely delivery of product ?
Old 06-14-2010, 11:54 AM
christophe31

I know from previous experience that US customs can delay shipments sometimes weeks or even months, have you guys taken any measures to insure timely delivery of product ?
we working now with Gus to deliver our shipment as soon as we can, i'll not let the shipment staying in the custom without do nothing...
Old 06-18-2010, 08:57 AM
thebluemax
My Feedback: (151)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is another option.Down and Locked Electric Actuators Looks like they do bothpneumatic or mechanical retracts?

Check out their web site.... www.downandlocked.com/index.htm

This is what they say on their web site.

Just imagine a day at the flying field with no air compressors, hand pumps, leaks or binding mechanical linkages; just simple and dependable retract operation.

All of our products are built in house. Our delivery dates are not controlled by outside sources. When we give you a delivery date, you can plan on spending that day flying with your new, electrically operated retracts.

We use your existing mechanical or air retracts and convert them to electronically actuated and controlled retracts. Therefore, it is not necessary to completely replace something you already have in order to enjoy the simplicity of electrically operated retracts!

We don't make the retract, we make it Better, Safer and a Pleasure to use! We feel that the current retract manufacturers are doing an excellent job of building the retract mechanism so there was no need in adding another retract brand to the marketplace.

This system can be used on virtually any existing retract on the market from 40 sized to GIANT SCALE.

Custom builds are not a problem. If you have a special project contact us. We can adapt to your needs. We consider it an opportunity to display our inventiveness and creativity.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:38 AM
thedeeman

I looked them over also. Only thing that's stopping me is the price point. After spending $150-$200 on robart air units (more for CJ or Sierra), then another $200+ on the electric actuators we're looking at $300-$500 for retracts. I'm holding out for Horizon's. I need a set of electric rotatings. I have a few sets of Lados that are still working for the non rotatings when/if those planes that need them ever get built.

What would be good is if they take and pre-retrofit some standards (robarts most likely) and sell them complete.

BTW, don't take this the wrong way. They have what sounds like a nice product that they are willing to stand behind. And it's an idea long overdue. I just can't wrap my head around a set of $400-$500 retracts for a plane that only cost $200-$250 (complete).
Old 06-18-2010, 09:45 AM
thebluemax
My Feedback: (151)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree that they are bit pricey. I guess because it is mostlylabor to do the conversion. I just thoughtI would put it out there as another option especially if someone needed a customized solution.

ORIGINAL: thedeeman

I looked them over also. Only thing that's stopping me is the price point. After spending $150-$200 on robart air units (more for CJ or Sierra), then another $200+ on the electric actuators we're looking at $300-$500 for retracts. I'm holding out for Horizon's. I need a set of electric rotatings. I have a few sets of Lados that are still working for the non rotatings when/if those planes that need them ever get built.

What would be good is if they take and pre-retrofit some standards (robarts most likely) and sell them complete.

BTW, don't take this the wrong way. They have what sounds like a nice product that they are willing to stand behind. And it's an idea long overdue. I just can't wrap my head around a set of $400-$500 retracts for a plane that only cost $200-$250 (complete).
Old 06-18-2010, 10:25 AM
bigtim

unless you don't read much of the forums theres a couple of D and L threads going with plenty of replys from the owner of the company, this isn't exactly news from lado just your opinions about a new product.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:40 AM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

IT does take money in this hobby sometimes to acquire a certain degree of desired products or an idea. We used to sell Retract systems made in China, and sooner or later, the customer would share news of an air failure causing a crash landing. So, adding the electric retrofit does cost another $200. When you are done, you have a "Superior Upgrade" that exceeds the value of the air system. When you have an airplane worth $2000 or more, it starts to become a needed value. I guess I can understand the investment would be hard on a plane only worth 2-300 bucks. That is why the dough you spend is directly related to the desire to acquire the effect or safety of your project. That is only my opinion, thougt I would share.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:59 PM
ZERO-322

Seems to me if lado guys don't get on the ball soon there going to miss the boat all together, with all the recent offerings customers will have more options to choose from in the electric retract market, I will also go as far as to say that many of these new guys are playing catch up to the lado concept, however they have come a very long way in a fraction of the time it took lado, it will all come down to three points , Inovation of new products, price point and customer service, if lado hopes to stay competitive they have to raise the BAR !

Come on guys were in mid June almost JULY !
Old 06-18-2010, 01:21 PM
christophe31

Hi guy's

We have ship the stock issue to Gus since 1.5 week now and the US customs is yet boring us with some mysterious issue.... grr!!!

You able since less than 1 week to buy some RS666 live on lado-tech.net or e-retract.com for the european customer.

If all goes well all the RS333 will be able next week.

I've also increase the website to take order of spare parts, and before the end of this year there will be many big products surprise...

Now we will ship as soon as you order.... the guy's who have bought the 666 this week can confirm that [8D] and as you see we didn't take order if we cannot ship as this.

i think you 'll appreciate now the new anodized black color of the RS333 and the Red one of the RS666, and the New RS999 will be able this summer, the production has become!!!!

all this in only 4 months...... it's a lot of work to put that in place... but it's done.

many pictures and videos on the facebook link of our website.

and also if you have an particular project don't hesitate to speak us about, and we will apreciate to help you or design a new retract system for you.

Christophe

Old 07-18-2010, 07:02 PM
ZERO-322

Ok guys being that everything with lado and the new ownership and distribution now in place and is up and running I'm more curious how this thread is going to shape up, I would especialy like to hear from any new and recent lado retract customers
Old 07-18-2010, 07:47 PM
da Rock

Ok guys being that everything with lado and the new ownership and distribution now in place and is up and running I'm more curious how this thread is going to shape up, I would especialy like to hear from any new and recent lado retract customers

Ordered from the LADO website and was shipped a pair from France. They got here the same week.

They're in the F6F-3 that was finished just a couple of hours ago. It'll fly in the next day or so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.