Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

esm models

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 08:18 AM
Andrew_S
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default esm models

Anone have any experiences with any of these birds? I have my eye on one of the stukas......
Old 11-28-2009, 08:38 AM
rgm762
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: esm models

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_88...tm.htm#8801992
Old 11-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Spychalla Aircraft
My Feedback: (34)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Andrew,

In September I bought a Stuka from TBM. Unfortunately UPS crushed the fuse during shipment so I had to return that portion. TBM has been really good about it claiming ownership for the problem. They promise a new fuse in Feb. 2010 once the next container of Stuka's delivers from China. I hope all goes well with this.

I've had time to examine all the components and it looks like a very good ARF for the $438 I paid delivered. Well worth the money. I bought an Aerovate 26cc for power. Fired it up yesterday on a test stand. After some carb tuning it ran great and started easily. Turns a Zinger 16 X 8 at 7,200 rpm. That should be plenty of power. So I will know more in March regarding this whole project. Right now it looks to be very fun. Leo

Posted are some pictures of that crushed fuse.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72296.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1322002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37502.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1322003   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54980.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	1322004  
Old 11-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Andrew_S

That sucks about the fuse.....So is it covered with iron on film? Is the wing 1 piece?
Old 11-28-2009, 07:30 PM
alanc

you really need to go find the stuka thread, or contact TBM, you importer

anyway, its a pre painted glass fuzz, with panel line detail, all markings are apllied, then matt laquared over, sealing them in, centre section is glass, with line detail, outer wings are built up, and covered in our own film, this film stays taught, and tales a wide variety of paints, model is sprayed in 2 pack, ailerons are modled to section, hinges are robart type at one end, and flat plate, to bolt onto the wing bottom, at the other, hinges are metal, ok
Old 11-29-2009, 12:15 AM
st_dysan
My Feedback: (21)

Andrew

I can't believe I beat Tomas here, I'm sure he'll show up in a sec. I have a ESM B model and D model Stuka and they are awesome planes, especially now with the lower prices. The fit and finish are 2nd to none. They are definately not beginner warbirds as far as building goes, a few mods are usually required but an awesome value for the money none-the-less. Every one that I've seen fly did so awesomely (is that a word). I have a FW 190 on the way from Tomas and will soon add the Dauntless after the holidays. Then probably the Swordfish.

They are excellent models and with Tomas (the owner of VQ warbirds and a US supplier of ESM) to deal with they can't be beat. He is VERY active on these forums and goes out of his way to make sure the after purchase support is thorough.

Alanc who has already answered further up the thread is also very active and also answers questions as he is the UK supplier of them also.

Plus the threads (hookemuts especially) on the Stuka and all the ESM/KMP/YT birds are here.

Troybuilt I have heard good things about also but I deal exclusively with VQ and Tomas as I know he is there 24hrs a day if I have any problems or questions.

Buy it, build it, Luv it
Old 11-29-2009, 05:55 AM
alanc

i am just one of the representitives of the UK supplier (YT International ) designer of a lot of these birds, but we all share the love of the products, and try the best we can to give you guys out there great, unusual airplanes, and great customer support
Old 11-29-2009, 07:15 AM
Andrew_S

Wow, thanks for the replies guys....... Think a g23 will fly it ok?
Old 11-29-2009, 10:11 AM
alanc

it will be a case of fitting the thing in, the earlier version, with the deep chin offers more chance, but i feel you will be a low throttle for most of the time, it would be difficult to fit a carb bend, we are flying them on cheapy chinese engines, look at the P51 thread, on here, and see how compact this engine can be
Old 11-29-2009, 10:52 AM
whatiwork4
My Feedback: (51)

now with the lower prices I am getting the dauntlass first
Alan,
what would be the best overall engine to use ?best bang for the buck so to speak.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:45 PM
alanc

for the dauntless? or the stuka, for the first, any 90fs upwards, i flew, eons ago, the CAP dauntless, this was a heavy model, with full flap and air retracts, flew very very well on a laser 91, our version is the same size, within an inch, but much much lighter, and the airfoils a lot better, for the stuka, anything from a 90 two stroke, to a 26cc gas
Old 11-29-2009, 01:48 PM
st_dysan
My Feedback: (21)

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack, but Alan, which p-51 thread, I'm just trying to see which of the chinese cheapos you're talking about. I'd like to give one a try, it would be my first gasser and I'm ready to move in that direction as the saitos 180+s are getting expensive.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2009, 02:11 PM
KentuckyColonel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That an ESM (YT) P-51 thread? I have been trying to find a P-51B thread, but not able to find one. I too deal with Tomas at VQ Warbirds. Highly recommend buying from him!
Old 11-29-2009, 05:41 PM
alanc

THE PICTURES OF THE ENGINE INSTALL ARE HERE, IN THE 26CC WARBRIDS READY TO SHIP

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_91...mpage_5/tm.htm
Old 11-29-2009, 11:11 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

HI GENTS,,,,

TOMAS HERE..... well.... IF YOU REALLY WANT AN ESM SBD.... HOW ABOUT A FREE ONE!!!

YES.... VQ WARBIRDS is giving one away for the HOLIDAYS...JUST IN TIME FOR X-MAS!!!

JUST LISTEN INTO www.warbirdradio.com and when you hear the sound of the SBD DAUNTLESS STARTING UP... email them your entry.... FOR ALL THE DETAILS visit www.warbirdradio.com and read the rules and listen in to win!!!!!!!

-23cc-26cc is just fine for the SBD.... We (VQ WARBIRDS and TYSPLANES) are working on a COCKPIT NOW for the SBD DAUNLTESS....

IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS... feel free to email me anytime.... [email protected] or visit my website for more photos, videos etc... www.vqwarbirds.com

-CHEERS!

TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
"KEEP 'EM FLYING"
Old 12-01-2009, 07:42 PM
STUKA BARRY

ORIGINAL: Spychalla Aircraft

Andrew,

In September I bought a Stuka from TBM. Unfortunately UPS crushed the fuse during shipment so I had to return that portion. TBM has been really good about it claiming ownership for the problem. They promise a new fuse in Feb. 2010 once the next container of Stuka's delivers from China. I hope all goes well with this.

I've had time to examine all the components and it looks like a very good ARF for the $438 I paid delivered. Well worth the money. I bought an Aerovate 26cc for power. Fired it up yesterday on a test stand. After some carb tuning it ran great and started easily. Turns a Zinger 16 X 8 at 7,200 rpm. That should be plenty of power. So I will know more in March regarding this whole project. Right now it looks to be very fun. Leo

Posted are some pictures of that crushed fuse.
You better readjust the carb on that G-26. I have a G-23 (much smaller engine) on a 1/4 scale J-3 Cub and its turning 8100-8300RPM's. on a 16X8 prop.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:50 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Tomas will there be a cockpit made available for the hurricane ? if not I was thinking of maybe using the one from dbalsa for the spit instead what do you think ?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Andrew_S

I cant seem to find stuka build thread on here.....
Old 12-02-2009, 10:04 AM
ed42d-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

Just happened to be looking through the threads and found this one on the KMP Stuka. Should be the same plane...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5674792/tm.htm
Old 12-03-2009, 12:48 AM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

ZERO-322,

YES SIR,,, PLAN on doing MOST ALL the 80" plus size WARBIRDS with COCKPIT KITS...

the 26cc size SBD DAUNTLESS is being designed right now...complete with the .30 cals in the rear gunner position...
As soon as the LA-7 arrives it will be next...
Already have the cockpits available and instock now for the 95" BF-110, as well as the 70" range for the CORSAIR, and KI-84 Frank..

-Check out the website pages: http://www.vqwarbirds.com/aircraft.html (cockpits for the BF-110, CORSAIR and KI-84 are listed at the bottom of each Warbirds respective pages)

CHEERS!

TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
"KEEP 'EM FLYING"
Old 12-03-2009, 03:27 AM
ticketec

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ed42d-RCU

Just happened to be looking through the threads and found this one on the KMP Stuka. Should be the same plane...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5674792/tm.htm

Same manufacture, different model. This is the older version of this model with slightly different fuse etc. All i do know is that they are not caompatible partswise.

They do fly great though!! My stuka was a really nice easy to fly machine. I maidened and have flown a few time a mates' ESM 80" hurricane and it would have to be one of the best warbirds trainers out there.

Thanks

dave
Old 12-03-2009, 01:53 PM
ZERO-322

ORIGINAL: nemesis4u

ZERO-322,

YES SIR,,, PLAN on doing MOST ALL the 80'' plus size WARBIRDS with COCKPIT KITS...

the 26cc size SBD DAUNTLESS is being designed right now...complete with the .30 cals in the rear gunner position...
As soon as the LA-7 arrives it will be next...
Already have the cockpits available and instock now for the 95'' BF-110, as well as the 70'' range for the CORSAIR, and KI-84 Frank..

-Check out the website pages: http://www.vqwarbirds.com/aircraft.html (cockpits for the BF-110, CORSAIR and KI-84 are listed at the bottom of each Warbirds respective pages)

CHEERS!
TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
''KEEP 'EM FLYING''
Great news ! keep me posted and I will be sure to pick one up as soon as one becomes available
Old 01-17-2016, 04:09 AM
Prekin
My Feedback: (19)

Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Anybody know the ESM La-7 airfoil? I know, that CMP used NACA 2415 for the root rib but I´m not sure, that is the same in ESM case.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:56 PM
flyingpiggy

Originally Posted by Andrew_S
Anone have any experiences with any of these birds? I have my eye on one of the stukas......
If you buy one of these kits then may I suggest that you get a spare canopy at the same time - you'll need it!
Mine flies well with an ASP 180 4stroke.

Regards
Dave