An excellent guess, but not what I'm looking for....
And I have to apologize for the spacing of the clues, I've just been busy and haven't paid this thread as much attention as I should...
Looking for an airplane
1. This was not the first airplane to incorporate this new technology, but it was the first production airplane to incorporate it
2. Appearing late in a war, it was never well represented due to inefficiencies and lack of organization on the manufacturing end
3. The aircraft was rather underpowered and ponderous in the air
4. Carefull attention was paid during the design process to ensure this aircraft would be survivable in its mission, incorporating features which would not become commonplace untill later on in aviation history
5. The flight control actuation system was a product of the above mention design process, another system which would not become commonplace untill much later on in avaition history
6. The aircraft was designed to be easily disassembled and assembled for transportation