Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Knowledge Quiz for Warbird wiz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Knowledge Quiz for Warbird wiz

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 07:13 PM
Ernie P.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by uncljoe
You got it Ernie ,Guess the Aviators gave it away
Semper Fi
Joe
Joe; it was really more clues (3) and (4). That was a better question than it might appear. I just had a hunch early on that led me in the right direction. Then it was simply a matter of narrowing down a pretty small group of men. As I said; a better, and more difficult, question than it might at first appear. I'll post something in the morning. Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:35 AM
Ernie P.

As promised. Thanks; Ernie P.

Question: What warbird do I describe?

Clues:
(1) This aircraft was originally intended as an attempt to redesign, and correct the design flaws in, an earlier and failed aircraft.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:49 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

P-63 King Cobra
Old 04-14-2017, 02:40 PM
Ernie P.

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
P-63 King Cobra

Hydro Junkie; you certainly have the concept down correctly, but you have the wrong aircraft. Please try again. Also, was having trouble with WORD this morning and had to correct the wording of the first clue. My apologies. Thanks; Ernie P.

Clues:
1. This aircraft was originally an attempt to redesign and correct the design flaws in an earlier, failed aircraft.
2. It essentially married together the design features of the failed aircraft, with the design features of a remarkably successful aircraft.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:20 AM
Ernie P.

Morning clue. Thanks; Ernie P.

Clues:
1. This aircraft was originally an attempt to redesign and correct the design flaws in an earlier, failed aircraft.
2. It essentially married together the design features of the failed aircraft, with the design features of a remarkably successful aircraft.
3. It also, in turn, influenced the design of a very famous aircraft, although that program was never completed.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:57 AM
Ernie P.

Afternoon clue. Thanks; Ernie P.

Clues:
3. It also, in turn, influenced the design of a very famous aircraft, although that program was never completed.
4. One of the interesting things is that the aircraft was designed in one country, but built in another.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:30 PM
Hydro Junkie

A-5M
I only say this due to the fact that there are claims made that it was designed by Howard Hughes and was a total failure until the designers at Mitsubishi got their hands on it
Old 04-15-2017, 10:14 PM
Ernie P.

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
A-5M
I only say this due to the fact that there are claims made that it was designed by Howard Hughes and was a total failure until the designers at Mitsubishi got their hands on it
Hydro Junkie; nothing wrong with your thought process, but not where I'm headed. But here's a bonus question to reward your participation. Thanks; Ernie P.

Clues:
4. One of the interesting things is that the aircraft was designed in one country, but built in another.
5. And eventually completed and flown by the second country.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:43 AM
Ernie P.

Morning clue. Happy Easter! Thanks; Ernie P.

Clues:
6. It was to have been a high speed, high altitude bomber.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:54 AM
Ernie P.

Afternoon clue. Thanks; Ernie P.

Clues:
7. But the plane wasn’t completed in time to participate in the war; and was abandoned by the designer country.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:53 PM
Ernie P.

Evening clue. Thanks; Ernie P.

Clues:
7. But the plane wasn’t completed in time to participate in the war; and was abandoned by the designer country.
8. But there is no question that, had it been completed in time, it would have been almost invulnerable to interception.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:03 AM
Ernie P.

No guesses? I'd have thought you guys would be swarming all around this one at this point. Ah, well; a morning clue may help. Thanks; Ernie P.

Clues:
8. But there is no question that, had it been completed in time, it would have been almost invulnerable to interception.
9. It was completed and used by the builder country for some years.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:58 AM
Ernie P.

And an afternoon clue to continue the merriment. Thanks; Ernie P.

Clues:
10. It was used for high altitude research initially.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:59 PM
Ernie P.

And an evening clue to keep things rolling. Thanks; Ernie P.

Clues:
11. Then it was used for research into air launched experimental aircraft.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:41 AM
Ernie P.

Morning clue. Thanks; Ernie P.

Clues:
11. Then it was used for research into air launched experimental aircraft.
12. This project actually began as a proposal to build a high altitude version of the failed bomber project which served as the “parent” of what later became this aircraft.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:13 PM
Ernie P.

Afternoon clue. Sorry to be tardy, but I'm having some issues with RCU right now. Thanks; Ernie P.Question: What warbird do I describe?

Clues:
1.This aircraft was originally an attempt to redesign and correct the design flaws in an earlier, failed aircraft.
2.It essentially married together the design features of the failed aircraft, with the design features of a remarkably successful aircraft.
3.It also, in turn, influenced the design of a very famous aircraft, although that program was never completed.
4.One of the interesting things is that the aircraft was designed in one country, but built in another.
5.And eventually completed and flown by the second country.
6.It was to have been a high speed, high altitude bomber.
7.But the plane wasn’t completed in time to participate in the war; and was abandoned by the designer country.
8.But there is no question that, had it been completed in time, it would have been almost invulnerable to interception.
9.It was completed and used by the builder country for some years.
10.It was used for high altitude research initially.
11.Then it was used for research into air launched experimental aircraft.
12.This project actually began as a proposal to build a high altitude version of the failed bomber project which served as the “parent” of what later became this aircraft.
13.The idea was to create a high altitude version of a twin engined bomber by adding pressurized crew compartments, reducing the number of crew members and defensive armament and extending and redesigning the wings.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:36 PM
Hydro Junkie

It almost sounds like the B-50 variant of the B-29 except that the B-50 was designed and built by Boeing, not a foreign manufacturer
Old 04-18-2017, 05:03 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SWAG B 57 Canberra

BTW the new format SUCKS Supper SLOW
Old 04-18-2017, 07:42 PM
Ernie P.

Well, some of our guys are certainly giving this a serious look. No correct guesses so far, but here's a bonus clue to reward participation. Thanks; Ernie P.Question: What warbird do I describe?

Clues:1.This aircraft was originally an attempt to redesign and correct the design flaws in an earlier, failed aircraft.2.It essentially married together the design features of the failed aircraft, with the design features of a remarkably successful aircraft.3.It also, in turn, influenced the design of a very famous aircraft, although that program was never completed.4.One of the interesting things is that the aircraft was designed in one country, but built in another.5.And eventually completed and flown by the second country.6.It was to have been a high speed, high altitude bomber.7.But the plane wasn’t completed in time to participate in the war; and was abandoned by the designer country.8.But there is no question that, had it been completed in time, it would have been almost invulnerable to interception.9.It was completed and used by the builder country for some years.10.It was used for high altitude research initially.11.Then it was used for research into air launched experimental aircraft.12.This project actually began as a proposal to build a high altitude version of the failed bomber project which served as the “parent” of what later became this aircraft.13.The idea was to create a high altitude version of a twin engined bomber by adding pressurized crew compartments, reducing the number of crew members and defensive armament and extending and redesigning the wings.14.This eventually led to a complete redesign, which added two engines.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:45 AM
Ernie P.

And a morning clue. Thanks; Ernie P.Question: What warbird do I describe?

Clues:1.This aircraft was originally an attempt to redesign and correct the design flaws in an earlier, failed aircraft.
2.It essentially married together the design features of the failed aircraft, with the design features of a remarkably successful aircraft.3.It also, in turn, influenced the design of a very famous aircraft, although that program was never completed.4.One of the interesting things is that the aircraft was designed in one country, but built in another.5.And eventually completed and flown by the second country.6.It was to have been a high speed, high altitude bomber.7.But the plane wasn’t completed in time to participate in the war; and was abandoned by the designer country.8.But there is no question that, had it been completed in time, it would have been almost invulnerable to interception.9.It was completed and used by the builder country for some years.10.It was used for high altitude research initially.11.Then it was used for research into air launched experimental aircraft.12.This project actually began as a proposal to build a high altitude version of the failed bomber project which served as the “parent” of what later became this aircraft.13.The idea was to create a high altitude version of a twin engined bomber by adding pressurized crew compartments, reducing the number of crew members and defensive armament and extending and redesigning the wings.14.This eventually led to a complete redesign, which added two engines.15.The result was an aircraft which was considerably faster; and which could fly at more than twice the altitude of the parent aircraft.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:40 AM
Ernie P.

Afternoon clue. Sorry for the way things look, but I'm really struggling with the new RCU formatting tools. Thanks; Ernie P.Question: What warbird do I describe?

Clues:1.This aircraft was originally an attempt to redesign and correct the design flaws in an earlier, failed aircraft. 2.It essentially married together the design features of the failed aircraft, with the design features of a remarkably successful aircraft. 3.It also, in turn, influenced the design of a very famous aircraft, although that program was never completed. 4.One of the interesting things is that the aircraft was designed in one country, but built in another. 5.And eventually completed and flown by the second country. 6.It was to have been a high speed, high altitude bomber. 7.But the plane wasn’t completed in time to participate in the war; and was abandoned by the designer country. 8.But there is no question that, had it been completed in time, it would have been almost invulnerable to interception. 9.It was completed and used by the builder country for some years. 10.It was used for high altitude research initially. 11.Then it was used for research into air launched experimental aircraft. 12.This project actually began as a proposal to build a high altitude version of the failed bomber project which served as the “parent” of what later became this aircraft.

13.The idea was to create a high altitude version of a twin engined bomber by adding pressurized crew compartments, reducing the number of crew members and defensive armament and extending and redesigning the wings. 14.This eventually led to a complete redesign, which added two engines.

15.The result was an aircraft which was considerably faster; and which could fly at more than twice the altitude of the parent aircraft. 16.The combination of altitude and speed was such that it was felt the opposing fighter aircraft would be unable to intercept the aircraft.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:41 AM
Ernie P.

When I post a reply, everything changes. And it doesn't all change in the same way. Sorry. Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:14 AM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The NEW format SUCKS The only things that come up fast are the ads every other post
Old 04-19-2017, 06:50 PM
Ernie P.

Evening clue. Thanks; Ernie P.Question: What warbird do I describe?

Clues:1.This aircraft was originally an attempt to redesign and correct the design flaws in an earlier, failed aircraft. 2.It essentially married together the design features of the failed aircraft, with the design features of a remarkably successful aircraft. 3.It also, in turn, influenced the design of a very famous aircraft, although that program was never completed. 4.One of the interesting things is that the aircraft was designed in one country, but built in another. 5.And eventually completed and flown by the second country. 6.It was to have been a high speed, high altitude bomber. 7.But the plane wasn’t completed in time to participate in the war; and was abandoned by the designer country. 8.But there is no question that, had it been completed in time, it would have been almost invulnerable to interception. 9.It was completed and used by the builder country for some years. 10.It was used for high altitude research initially. 11.Then it was used for research into air launched experimental aircraft. 12.This project actually began as a proposal to build a high altitude version of the failed bomber project which served as the “parent” of what later became this aircraft.

13.The idea was to create a high altitude version of a twin engined bomber by adding pressurized crew compartments, reducing the number of crew members and defensive armament and extending and redesigning the wings. 14.This eventually led to a complete redesign, which added two engines.

15.The result was an aircraft which was considerably faster; and which could fly at more than twice the altitude of the parent aircraft. 16.The combination of altitude and speed was such that it was felt the opposing fighter aircraft would be unable to intercept the aircraft.

17.At the same time, a very long range version of the new design was being prepared.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:51 PM
Ernie P.

When I paste the clues onto the sreen, they look fine. Then when I click
post reply" they change. They don't all change, or even all in the same way. Maybe the editor doesn't like WORD? Thanks; Ernie P.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.