Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Knowledge Quiz for Warbird wiz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Knowledge Quiz for Warbird wiz

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 06:21 AM
BankYank
My Feedback: (63)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Ok Here goes! Looking for name and designation Its a fighter plane
And a Bonus clue!
1: Its development began in 1934
2: Pilot and second prototype were lost.
3: Its final use was as an advanced trainer aircraft in a different country then its origin.
4: it was the first low-wing monoplane design of the company, I work for the company that bought the original manufacture of a different name
5: The guns had a tendency to freeze. Heaters were subsequently added to the guns for high-altitude use
6: It was the first plane designed by the manufacture with an enclosed cockpit and first design with retracting landing gear.
7: Outfitted with a new engine, the second prototype was able to attain a speed of 275 mph
8: It fought in the Phoney war
9: A number of them stationed in Indochina downed several Thai fighters
Old 11-10-2019, 12:45 PM
BankYank

And a Bonus clue!
3: Its final use was as an advanced trainer aircraft in a different country then its origin.
4: it was the first low-wing monoplane design of the company, I work for the company that bought the original manufacture of a different name
5: The guns had a tendency to freeze. Heaters were subsequently added to the guns for high-altitude use
6: It was the first plane designed by the manufacture with an enclosed cockpit and first design with retracting landing gear.
7: Outfitted with a new engine, the second prototype was able to attain a speed of 275 mph
10: the aircraft was very maneuverable and could withstand high amounts of battle damage
Old 11-10-2019, 05:33 PM
BankYank

And a Bonus clue!
10: the aircraft was very maneuverable and could withstand high amounts of battle damage
11: It was powered with a Hispano-Suiza 12Ycrs at one point. Also produced under license in the Soviet Union as the Klimov M-100
Old 11-11-2019, 05:06 PM
BankYank

11: It was powered with a Hispano-Suiza 12Ycrs at one point. Also produced under license in the Soviet Union as the Klimov M-100
12:The manufacture of this plane is now owned by DaHer
Old 11-12-2019, 10:35 AM
Ernie P.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BankYank
Sir; my apologies, but hunting season starts in a couple of days and I'm going to be spending the following ten days or so away from phones and computers for most of each day. While I may get to check in every few days, I won't be able to take the lead for a bit. I'm pretty sure I figured this one out a few days ago; and I'll bet there are several others who are close to solving it. In the interim, welcome to the game and enjoy confounding your fellow enthusiasts. Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:06 PM
BankYank

Well guess already! Im running out of clues
13: It had 1 cannon and 2 wing mounted machine guns.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:01 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Me-109?
Old 11-13-2019, 04:56 PM
BankYank

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Me-109?
Nope sorry.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:00 PM
BankYank

14: The two main changes of this plane were the inclusion of a new wing structure which saved weight, and the fitting of a retractable radiator located underneath the fuselage.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:02 PM
Ernie P.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BankYank
14: The two main changes of this plane were the inclusion of a new wing structure which saved weight, and the fitting of a retractable radiator located underneath the fuselage.
Sir; you have a PM. Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:52 PM
BankYank

15: Although a sturdy and highly maneuverable fighter aircraft it was considered underpowered and weakly armed when compared to its contemporaries.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:13 PM
BankYank

15: Although a sturdy and highly maneuverable fighter aircraft it was considered underpowered and weakly armed when compared to its contemporaries.
16: Production had reached a high-point of 147 aircraft during August 1939, before declining as manufacturing efforts were progressively re-directed towards other aircraft
Old 11-16-2019, 10:58 AM
BankYank

Well guess already! Im running out of clues !!!
16: Production had reached a high-point of 147 aircraft during August 1939, before declining as manufacturing efforts were progressively re-directed towards other aircraft
17: Holds the unfortunate distinction of being the least effective french fighter in service during the Battle of France, which was attributed to having relatively low firepower.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:59 AM
BankYank

17: Holds the unfortunate distinction of being the least effective french fighter in service during the Battle of France, which was attributed to having relatively low firepower.
18: Its weaknesses were apparent, such as the lack of armoring, frequent gun-jamming, inadequate firepower, slow responsiveness of the guns, unreliable radio units, very high rate of engine wear, corrosion of rudder components, cabin glazing breaking under air pressure during certain manoeuvres, loss of exterior panels due to screws deteriorating rapidly, and the lack of rear-view mirrors.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:43 PM
BankYank

18: Its weaknesses were apparent, such as the lack of armoring, frequent gun-jamming, inadequate firepower, slow responsiveness of the guns, unreliable radio units, very high rate of engine wear, corrosion of rudder components, cabin glazing breaking under air pressure during certain manoeuvres, loss of exterior panels due to screws deteriorating rapidly, and the lack of rear-view mirrors.
19: Among the various aviation companies who took interest in the "C1 design" specification to which the potential for a large production order was attached, was French aircraft manufacturer Morena-Saulnier
Old 11-18-2019, 01:43 PM
SimonCraig1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arsenal VG-33?
Old 11-18-2019, 04:48 PM
BankYank

Originally Posted by SimonCraig1
Arsenal VG-33?
Sorry nope
Old 11-18-2019, 04:52 PM
BankYank

19: Among the various aviation companies who took interest in the "C1 design" specification to which the potential for a large production order was attached, was French aircraft manufacturer Morena-Saulnier
20: Germany took possession of a large number of this aircraft. The Luftwaffe operated a number of the type for training purposes.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:22 PM
BankYank

20: Germany took possession of a large number of this aircraft. The Luftwaffe operated a number of the type for training purposes.
21: Look at clues 4, 6, 11, 19
Old 11-20-2019, 09:51 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just popped in here for the first time in months...hello all...(have had some health issues)
BankYank...it sounds like you might be talking of the Morane Saulnier MS.406?
Old 11-20-2019, 04:58 PM
BankYank

Originally Posted by proptop
I just popped in here for the first time in months...hello all...(have had some health issues)
BankYank...it sounds like you might be talking of the Morane Saulnier MS.406?
You are correct!
I now pass the torch of clue giving to you!
Old 11-20-2019, 07:47 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BY..she turned me into a Newt too..but I got better...

O.K...it's been a while...
Some of you might remember that I like to choose rather obscure aircraft...and that being said...fore warned is fore armed
Looking for an aircraft...
1) Single engine
2) Between the wars time frame
3) A "Private Venture" design
Old 11-20-2019, 08:17 PM
BankYank

Burnelli CB-16VIP
Old 11-20-2019, 08:18 PM
BankYank

oh wait. single engine so wrong
Old 11-20-2019, 08:51 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Curtiss Model 75 which became the Curtiss P-36.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.