Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ESM P47 Build

Congrats on the maiden!!! Nice flight and landing. Hope you have many more.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Guys I have the p47 and have been flying it for 2 years now. A great flying plane but mine is very sensitive on the elevator. I have dual rates set at 1/4" up and down with a little expo in it and that has helped. Also have shifted the cg back a bit from manual but it is still sensitive. Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoodb View Post
    Also have shifted the cg back a bit from manual but it is still sensitive. Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?
    Moving the CG aft will only make the elevator more sensitive. If you want it less sensitive you need to try moving the CG forward.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Sorry guys. I have moved the cg forward. Took out half of the weight in the tail I had added to balance it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I agree, moving the tail back will increase sensitivity. Also, if I remember right, the CG from the plans is wrong. I did my own calculations based on MAC (Mean aerodynamic Chord) and have no sensitivity at all. The plane is heavy though, so heavy elevator input is needed automatically in turns or it loses altitude. Let us know how it turns out. Where IS your CG? If you let us know, I'll look at mine to compare.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The plans say 136 mm from LE. Mine is 132 right now. Do you know what yours is?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    G'day all,
    have been flying mine for several years, CofG is about 110mm back from the centre join of the wing, it is good, very nice to fly, I have a DLE 30 in mine, all batteries up the front, no lead, flies like a charm,
    Oldtimer.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

P47 Thunderbolt CG--FINALLY

I finally got a chance to measure the CG location of my ESM p47. The engine is a Zenoah G38. Flies very powerfully. I didn't trust anything written on the box, or in the plans. So I recreated the wing planform in a CAD system based on actual measured points on the wing. I then figured out the 25% chord location for each station, representing the center of lift. I added them all up, and divided by the number of stations, giving me a MAC (mean aerodynamic chord) of 4.2" (106.68mm) as measured at the fuselage side. Here is the CAD file:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ESM P47 TB WING PLAN.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	1954415

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789