Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Parkzone P51

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 08:47 PM
prop wash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone P51

This past week I finally decided to buy a [Park Zone P51] and decided to get the radio [mode one] too.Ordered it from my LHS and called a couple days later to see if they had ordered it.The LHS owner said that they{Horizon Hobbies] or is it [Hanger 9] said that they don't sell "MODE ONE" here in the states!!![:@]Now I was going to call them up and complain but I said "NUTS"[X(], they just lost a customer. Tom
Old 02-03-2010, 08:56 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone P51

Futaba has mode 1 available. Dan.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:07 PM
f15iceman

Of course Futaba does, so does Spektrum. What I think he was saying is that the RTF version is only available in a Mode 2 configuration. You can pick up a PNP version and get a Dx5 for cheap in mode 1. It would be about $20-$30 more but you can do it.

Jeff
Old 02-04-2010, 09:27 PM
prop wash

Dan and Jeff thanks for your reply.I have airtronics and just can't figure out why they can't sell me one here.I know that there are plenty of people here in the USA ,and the midwest that fly mode 1,it just seems a little dumb that they don't sell here.Tom
Old 02-05-2010, 12:26 PM
f15iceman

I don't know, I have belonged to clubs in Chicago, Rapid City and here in Tucson, and I have only met 1 person who flies mode 1. It comes down to percentages. 99% of the modeling population flies mode 2. It just seems that even if a company supports 99% of the modeling community they are doing good. From discussions with some of the hobby industry leaders, mode 1 is mostly flown abroad in Europe. There are very few mode 1 flyers in the U.S. Why can't you buy a PNP and get another transmitter of your choice? Is that more complicated? Or is it that it costs a little more?