Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Electric Retracts From E-flite

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Electric Retracts From E-flite

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 06:30 AM
Heli-NuBee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric Retracts From E-flite

My retracts require sequencing if they were stored in the up position. Once the retracts have been placed and kept in the down position, they work all of the time without re-sequencing. I have no idea why they operate this way but they always do. I am using a Futaba 2.4 radio system.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:55 AM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Heli,

I suspect that this is due to the circuit protection built into the units if they should jam. Unlike other gear, the electric units have a stall power down feature that shuts down the current to the built in servo so they don't continue to stall and drain the battery. In order for them to work again, you simply need to cycle the system (up-down) and they are back in operation.

This is actually a nice feature in case the gear should bind against the airframe due to a jarred strut.

David.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:12 PM
dawhale
My Feedback: (20)

A little LADO retract info for those considering them.  I reserched LADO's history and found they had new owners and have worked to clear up the back log. I placed my order on 11/3.  I bought two sets , one 85 degree and one set of rotating. I was just notified they were shipped today, 11/14, and was povided a tracking number. To those concened about the money I belive I paid via Paypal in US dollars.  I asked before I paid when I could expect shipment and they have met the time line. After I get them I will update this Forum as to how they function.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Magnum RC

You don't have to go all the way to France to get them you know...
Old 11-15-2011, 10:50 AM
mtnbike101

Shipping costs are about the same though!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Magnum RC

ORIGINAL: mtnbike101

Shipping costs are about the same though!

How do you figure, last I checked it cost in and around $25-$30 to get from France...
Old 11-15-2011, 11:33 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: LDM

perhaps , if the eletric stand the test of ...... time . Good pnumatic retracts have done so , so i would not write them off just yet .
LDM, you were right about WingSpan retracts on the other thread... the first to get them burnt the motor right off the bat i was just getting my hopes up. Let's pray these are better quality & the price is reasonable. Fingers crossed!

V.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:58 AM
mtnbike101

$20 Priorty Mail + $10 for insurance for two Lado retracts.

Unfortunately for me, both my Lados were geared the same when they arrived(not my fault) and I had to pay to ship one of them back so the mistake could be corrected...and then it was returned via ground shipping. Just sayin'.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Magnum RC

ORIGINAL: mtnbike101

$20 Priorty Mail + $10 for insurance for two Lado retracts.

Unfortunately for me, both my Lados were geared the same when they arrived(not my fault) and I had to pay to ship one of them back so the mistake could be corrected. Just sayin'.

Priority mail from www.magnumrc.com is not that much... What I am saying is that you can purchase Lado products from us here in the U.S.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:27 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Magnum Rc, do ya'll have electrics for the Top-Flite GE GS Corsair. Retracts from Robart gear # 148.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:54 PM
mtnbike101

Below is from the actual order in 2010. I'm not trying to derail the thread, but shipping was too high in my opinion.

1 ea. RS 333-RB Bottom Mount Rotating retracts 60 size planes $230.00
1 ea. Shipping Insurance to $200 $10.00
<hr />
$240.00
Sub-Total:

$19.90
United States Postal Service (Priority Mail (2 - 3 days)):

$259.90
Old 11-15-2011, 01:44 PM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: vasek

ORIGINAL: LDM

perhaps , if the eletric stand the test of ...... time . Good pnumatic retracts have done so , so i would not write them off just yet .
LDM, you were right about WingSpan retracts on the other thread... the first to get them burnt the motor right off the bat i was just getting my hopes up. Let's pray these are better quality & the price is reasonable. Fingers crossed!

V.

Don't get too bummed yet. I was one of the ones who had a motor burn out very quickly and apparently it is a known issue with a bad batch of motors that they got. I have had mine replaced with good motors and updated to the latest hardware. I'm really hoping this fixes the issue and we'll all have a good set of solid electrics. I will try to post an update when I get them in the plane and have a few flights under my belt.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Magnum RC

This email is not about Lado products it is about E-Flite, if you have questions, feel free to email us direct, thanks..
Old 03-17-2012, 09:52 PM
callide

I have the e-flite 90 degree retracts for my tf arf thunderbolt 60 and should have got the 85 degrees, does anyone know if I can modify the 90 degree to make them 85 through the linkages.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:34 AM
DUNCAJ
My Feedback: (1)

Recently purchased a set of E-flite 60-120 tri. retracts from Horizon. When I was installing the nose gear, touching the screw driver to the metal caused it to cycle through a complete cycle. Didn't think to much about it at that time, but after installing the rest of the system the same thing would happen on ocassion. Touching any part of either retract would cause them to cycle.
Took plane to field started engine, went to pull away from starter box nose gear retracted stoping engine. Looked at mains they also tried to retract.
Have installed second set with same results. Have changed out every piece of equipment, same results. Used 4.8v and 6v, NiCD, NiHM, battery's, Tower and Futaba receiver's,and switch harnes. Receiver's on 72mz.
You name it I have tried it. Any one else had similar problems.

Thank's in advance for your input.
JED
Old 08-11-2012, 07:10 AM
DUNCAJ

Update- Second paragraph of previous post not entirely correct. Although retracts would cycle when touched by metal object, on occasion, they didn't retract upon engine running. I originaly thought the two conditions were tied togather, they were not.

Returned first set to Horizon Hobby, and explained the problem. Witnin a week I was sent a new set. Horizon Hobby is A OK!!!!!!!!

JED
Old 08-13-2012, 03:02 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DUNCAJ

Update- Second paragraph of previous post not entirely correct. Although retracts would cycle when touched by metal object, on ocasion, they didn't retract upon engine running. I originaly thought the two conditions were tied togather, they were not.

Returned first set to Horizon Hobby, and explained the problem. Witnin a week I was sent a new set. Horizon Hobby is A OK!!!!!!!!

JED

Are they working OK?
Old 08-13-2012, 04:41 AM
DUNCAJ

Not 100 percent, have had the second set to cycle on take off twice. Really havent flown that much lately either. Tried yesterday, humidity so high couldn't seem to get needle correct. Got back in the A/C in shop.

Have you been using them?

JED
Old 02-09-2013, 07:25 PM
mike early

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been out of touch with this thread, plus, it seems to have died. But, why are the rotating 46 retracts out of stock? discontinued? re-tooling? The new, but now obsolete H9 Corsair 50 calls for robart retracts, strange. Any info on what's going on?
Old 02-10-2013, 11:07 AM
DUNCAJ

Most likely because they have found out they have a big problem with theirs'......

James