Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Top Flite P-47 1/8 Servo question?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Top Flite P-47 1/8 Servo question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 03:40 AM
Warbird Nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flite P-47 1/8 Servo question?

I'm building a TF P-47 1/8 scale and was wondering if standard sport servos (non ball bearing) could be used. Or should I go with BB servos. I'm planning on using one each for the ailerons a single
servo for flaps. Thank you.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:56 PM
osuaero

Out of curiosity, how do you plan on using a single servo for the flaps? Seems kind of nightmarish to me. I have build this kit and I would recommend using two servos for the flaps as well as the ailerons. I used Hitec HS225's for mine and they have worked out fine. Good luck.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:13 PM
justrfb
My Feedback: (2)

Hello osuaero,
I am building a TF P51 (60 sized) right now and I am using 1 servo for the flaps (high torque) and 2 servos (regular BB) for the ailerons. I am putting the one servo for the flaps where TF wants me to put my aileron servo. On this single servo, I have 2 Gold 'n' Rods coming off of both sides of the servo arm, I will try to diagram (this is where I would love to have "Minnflyers" graphic talent)
_____
| _ |
| O_ |
| |
|____|

This way when I turn the flap knob, I will have a pull action on both sides of the servo to "pull" down my flaps. It will be a push to get them up which should be OK. As far as what servos for the plane Warbird Nut, I am using regular Futaba ball bearing servos, 3004's I think. I hope this helps...
Old 07-15-2003, 04:16 PM
justrfb
My Feedback: (2)

O-well, the graphic is not working but I think you can get the idea I am using.... By the way, "If" the flap servo fails, It will affect both flaps equally. Another reason I did it this way.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Warbird Nut

Thank you for the info guys. I will plan on using BB servos with two on ailerons and a single hi-torque on flaps in case of failure.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:51 AM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Warbird Nut

Are you building the 'old' red box P-47 or the 1995 Gold Edition Thunderbolt??

The '1/7" Gold Edition 47 shows two servos;one for each flap and One for the ailerons which use a bellcrank style linkage. Per plan I used a servo for each flap Hitec HS81 metal geared and placed two coreless B.B. servos side by side in the wing center section one actuating the left and the other the right aileron my 47 has the O.S. 1204/C engine and performance is fantastic both in power and response.