Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

RE: ESM JU-87 Stuka-Winter Camo Kit

kahloq:

Glad you like my set up on the muffler..took a little brain work to figure it out...anyway,thanx for the tip on the rear gun..Yah,I know walmat...I never shop there,but have a good friend that works there,and will send him an e-mail,and have him pick it up......he can probably get a discount on it,since he works there....Haven't got the pilots yet from Tomas...have to write to him and see how he shipped it...usps.or ups..should know today..forgot to mention that I put my antenna inside one of the plastic giudes that where for the elevator...managed to get one of those guides out of there,but couldn't get the other one out,si moditfy it a little inserted the antenna...there's a recent pic of it showing how I did it...so all I got left to do is install the pilots,and canopy, paint the spinner, then weight it and check the CG out..will keep you posted on this..........

I noticed you have a ME- 109....have one also with a Saito 120 4 stroke in it...flys it pretty good..also onstalled retracts from "Shinden Machine Retracts"...a hell of alot better than the ones from KMP....again thax for the tip on the machine gun............................................... .later

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you are needing a MG-81Z rear gun I also have them... its the one offered with the Stuka -D cockpit.

Ty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec87582.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	1430645   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm37694.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	1430646  
    tysplanes.com
    food for thought:\'\'\'\'If the enemy is in range, so are you..\'\'\'\'\'\'Tracers work both ways.\'\'\'\'

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Jimmy Bananas

kahloq:

Glad you like my set up on the muffler..took a little brain work to figure it out...anyway,thanx for the tip on the rear gun..Yah,I know walmat...I never shop there,but have a good friend that works there,and will send him an e-mail,and have him pick it up......he can probably get a discount on it,since he works there....Haven't got the pilots yet from Tomas...have to write to him and see how he shipped it...usps.or ups..should know today..forgot to mention that I put my antenna inside one of the plastic giudes that where for the elevator...managed to get one of those guides out of there,but couldn't get the other one out,si moditfy it a little inserted the antenna...there's a recent pic of it showing how I did it...so all I got left to do is install the pilots,and canopy, paint the spinner, then weight it and check the CG out..will keep you posted on this..........

I noticed you have a ME- 109....have one also with a Saito 120 4 stroke in it...flys it pretty good..also onstalled retracts from ''Shinden Machine Retracts''...a hell of alot better than the ones from KMP....again thax for the tip on the machine gun............................................... .later

yes I have the ESM Me-109...actually have two. I already have one with a saito 180 in it spinning a 3 blade Graupner 16x8. That one has the Sierra Giant retracts. The one u saw in the picture with the stuka was supposed to be the new paint scheme when I bought it a couple months ago. However, when it arrived, it was the BoB scheme. I didnt know ESM still made that color scheme. Anyhow...since its a duplicate of the one I already have....Im going to paint the cowl, probably the rudder, etc.... to differentiate it. It will also be electric...and again with sierra retracts.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jimmy, how's the build coming along? Anone know if the b model cowl will fit on the d model?
    What do heli\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s and ceiling fans have in common? When the blades stop turnin, You start sweatin ! ! !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm pretty sure that the cowl will bolt right up. If you want to convert it over to the B model you'll need the canopy as well.

Andrew S:

Got my machine gun from Ty,and installed it and the canopy on the Stuka...all thats left to do is paint the spinner as soon as the weather clears up....Planning on painting it flat white and with a corkscrew (Blk) design on it....have balanced it at 120 mm and it is level at that CG..haven't weight it yet........hoping it's around 16 Ibs....going to order a couple of XOAR 16-8 props...getting those from Chief Aircraft...After the spinner is pianted and the prop is on it,will re balance it .......

Here are a couple of pics of the machine gun and canopy installed..........enjoy

Name:	Cz79826.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	1435328   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	To44783.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	1435329   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xc77769.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	1435330  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks good Jimmy...Keep us posted.
    What do heli\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s and ceiling fans have in common? When the blades stop turnin, You start sweatin ! ! !

here are some finished pics of the Stuka....had to add 2 ozs to the nose to get it to balance level at 120 mm...with the "Peter" bomb is in place..balances level without the "Peter" bomb..........sorry no dive brakes on it yet....have to rearrange my wing rack so I can put the wing on it with the dive brakes..also have to adjust my ailerons and flaps......make sure that both are equal distance, and check the flaps one more time...don't want a nasty left or right turn on takeoff (test flight).....after the brakes are added,then check the balance again without the "Peter" bomb.................OK here are the pics

Name:	Db84873.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	1439711   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mh20761.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	1439712   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ot46628.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	1439713   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ey70729.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	1439714   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bn77049.jpg 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	1439715  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks good JImmy...Did you make the bomb droppable? When is the first flight?

Andrew S:

Yes,the bomb is droppable... Found another Vortec bomb release in my "Junk" pile, and post # 95 has a pic of how I hooked it up...used a Hitec HS-82mg servo...works OK on the bench...as for flying it, probably around the last of June...Have a SBD Dauntless that needs to be test flown first..will have video's of the test flights of both planes....Right now,might start decking( Dauntless), it out...panel lines and dirty it up as in combat....still need to get the props "Xoar 16-8" for the Saito 150....Anyway so much for now..thanx for your interest...will keep in touch in regards to both aircraft...........Good luck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

JIMMY!

LOOKS FANTASTIC...POST MORE PHOTOS WHEN THE STUKA IS AT THE AIRFIELD!!!

We will be offering a releaseable BOMB kit and even some other STUKA GOODIES late summer!
    STAY TUNED!!! sign up for the newsletter @ www.vqwarbirds.com

CHEERS!

TOMAS
    VQ WARBIRDS
    "KEEP 'EM FLYING"
    R/C WARBIRDS / RC TANKS ENTHUSIAST
    VQ WARBIRDS, KMP, & RCV

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys!

I have the Camo Stuka and still trying to figure out what motor to use. I have an Evolution 35CC gasser i was going to use but it looks too heavy. I also have the Ty's Cockpit kit but worried about all that aft wieght. Any opinions out there? The EVO is 4 lbs and a Saito 180 is 2!!! If you have to keep weight forward than I should be fine.

Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No flight reports on the Stuka yet? I'd like to know how this plane flies.
    P47 brotherhood member # 9

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

man, Jimmys is hanging up at HOBBY HAVEN in Urbandale Iowa for 800 bucks !
    Complete..unflown

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What are specifics of that one for sale. Does he have a gas engine in it?
    P47 brotherhood member # 9

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

this build thread is on the airplane for sale..jimmy bananas...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello to all: I have not been on the site for a while, but reading what you guys are doing...I have done it this past summer. I got that JU-87 and I was very disapointed in the ARF if one wants to call it that. I guess it was a badyear in china.from the work I had to do I call this a bad KIT. But I got it done. I have a 32cc Aerovate and a
    J-Tec box muffler. 3Blade xoar wwll prop, from Magnum R/C, spinner 4.5 from Mpi I did a video of the engine build and some of the build before it got me pissed off as to the workmanship. I will try to put up some photos and I can e-mail you some also. we-fly50@hotmail.com . The cock pit kit is a no go if you are doing gas it was ment for elec. Ty's canopy will work the cut lines are bad I am cutting that now. I put a(9volt) light in the right wing.
    Tuskegee
    U.S.Army(ret.)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The photos file is to large. I can to try to e-mail them
    Tuskegee
    U.S.Army(ret.)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You must have gotten a bad one, mine went together just fine. I'll admit it doesn't build like a two evening Hangar 9 ARF but it's not really that difficult and the workmanship seems better than most ARFs I've seen. I have the cockpit kit and had no real issues installing it. I'm running an RCV 120SP glow motor in mine.

My ESM Dauntless on the other hand took much more work to get everything working ( dive brakes and flaps with an Evo 26).

Even though they are a little extra work they are some of the best flying ARFs around and once they are weathered a little they are awesome to behold in the air!

Name:	Wu61988.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	261.6 KB 
ID:	1671002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ez82489.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	251.1 KB 
ID:	1671003   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db85959.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	1671004   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cx74690.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	1671005  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'd like to do another ESM Stuka this year and I really like the winter camo scheme. However, I'm wondering if it's a better idea to buy a standard paint scheme "D" model and paint the winter camo. It just seems like the paint work that ESM did doesn't come close to matching anything that the Germans actually did. If you look at photos of the full scale planes in winter camo, the water based paint is running like crazy and was more "smeared" or wiped on than sprayed in carefully masked shapes.

A wonderful example of a winter camo Stuka was done by a member here with the handle TomCrump. He has a great build thread on the other site with a ton of pictures.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, irocbsa'

If I were assembling one, I'd get the standard version and apply my own Winter camo. It's not hard to do, and, in my opinion, looks better.

Name:	Jh14609.jpg 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	1671109  
    Tom C

Sig Brotherhood # 120

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Tom! Nice of you to stop by. Could you share some brief details about your camo application methods? What type of paint did you use? Was it airbrushed on and then weathered or did you brush it on in some places and smear in others? To get the appearance that the paint is running should I actually use a water based paint and drizzle water down onto it?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mine flies like a trainer..and power is a 26 cc gasser......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: irocbsa

Hey Tom! Nice of you to stop by. Could you share some brief details about your camo application methods? What type of paint did you use? Was it airbrushed on and then weathered or did you brush it on in some places and smear in others? To get the appearance that the paint is running should I actually use a water based paint and drizzle water down onto it?

The model was sprayed in RLM 65 (bottom) 70 and 71. The white was sprayed over the top, but in a light, uneven, coat. I used a full sized, HVLP production quality spray gun. The paint is from Warbird Colors.

After the white was dry, I used OOOO# steel wool, and removed paint, until I was happy with the effect. A dirty was was applied, and then rubbed down with the steel wool.

All markings and nomenclature were applied before I painted the white. As done in the field, I just painted around them, without masking. Steel wool was used to remove paint on the markings, too, more in some places, than others.

Name:	Bz78266.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	1671517   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dy78392.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	1671518   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rw57814.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	1671519  
    Tom C

Sig Brotherhood # 120

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The blob pattern they used was an actual scheme as seen in this illustration. I believe with some work it can be dirtied up to be convincing.

Name:	Jh15014.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	1671570  
    Time flies like a brick thru the window of life.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast