Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

WARBIRDS OVER TEXAS (WBOTX)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

WARBIRDS OVER TEXAS (WBOTX)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 08:50 PM
Bryan McLarty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WARBIRDS OVER TEXAS (WBOTX)

Terry:

The boys from Lubbock have it on our calendar! Count us in for sure. We'll let you guys show us how to do it, then haveeventat the end of the summer, West Texas style!

West Texas Warbirds in Abernathy later in the year, 1st weekend in August, 2011
Keep up the great work! We can't wait.
Oh and watch out for those Okie boys!

Old 01-31-2011, 07:17 AM
tfarmer96

ORIGINAL: Bryan McLarty

Oh and watch out for those Okie boys! [img][/img]

Ya its always a good time when those guys show up.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:59 AM
Spritch

Hey Bryan...

You're right... watch out for those Okie boys... they may make you have a good time... even if you're ready for one or not. I think your WINGS crew will enjoy this one. Terry, Gary, Ed, Charles and the gang do things right. So... I have a feeling, no matter what the drive distance will be... this is one to mark on your calendar in ink (not pencil). It will be good to see you, Les, Tom and the rest of the gang.

One warning though... they have these objects there that come up out of the ground that are called 'trees'. You Abernathy Aerodrome boys out in West Texas may not be familiar with them..?? Except for that one you have at your pit area... and I think that tree has been designated the state forest for that part of the West Texas isn't it..??

Just remember to fly over and around them... and you should be OK.

-Stan
Old 01-31-2011, 11:09 AM
tfarmer96

Hey Bryan could you get a hold of jimmy and the boys from New Mexico. I want to make sure they know about this. And if you guys hit a tree man your going to be way out in the feild, but i guess it could happen.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:23 AM
motor12

Have not seen anything about electric warbirds, are we welcome. If so, i would make the trip up from austin. I'm new to warbirds, i came over from helis and have never looked back...
Old 02-01-2011, 06:31 AM
tfarmer96

ORIGINAL: motor12

Have not seen anything about electric warbirds, are we welcome. If so, i would make the trip up from austin. I'm new to warbirds, i came over from helis and have never looked back...
ANY SIZE MILITARY AIRCRAFT IS WELCOME.

If it flew for the military ( any country) bring her up and fly it!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Bryan McLarty

I'm bringing my electric H&M Performance Spitty! She's a sweetheart!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55303.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	1556793  
Old 02-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Bryan McLarty

ORIGINAL: tfarmer96

Hey Bryan could you get a hold of jimmy and the boys from New Mexico. I want to make sure they know about this. And if you guys hit a tree man your going to be way out in the feild, but i guess it could happen.
Yeah, Terry. We'll send a message to Jimmy and David and see if they wouldn't mind a special request. We'llneed some bombers and a Stuka formation flight routine from our neighboring New Mexico boys. They're good!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:20 PM
NCIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was hoping you would of had a P-40 as one of the 1st place trophies for WWII so when I win it would match my plane. Yeah right!

Old 02-01-2011, 04:11 PM
TxCombatGuy

ORIGINAL: motor12

Absolutley, bring them all! I fly electrics and will have them at the event. When Terry and I got started planning this great event, we wanted to be inclusive of all warbirds.

Ed Kettler, CD
Old 02-03-2011, 05:40 PM
tfarmer96

2 of our supporters kicked in a larger enough quantity of promo stuff to add it to the pilot packets of the first 100 pilots. I had also gotten request for mail in registration so I heard you and have made preparations for this as well.

http://www.warbirdsovertexas.com/reg...gistration.htm
Old 03-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Spritch

Terry...

I've seen Jimmy and David with the twin Stuka show the last two years at Wings West Texas Warbirds... and those Clovis, NM boys are worth the invite to WBOTX. Got video of them the last two years and watch it about every month during the ice and snow so the 'Cabin Fever' can be relieved somewhat. And that's not even counting Jimmy's B-24 show... which I'm sure you've seen at WBOTR a few times. Both are really good guys and fun to be around. Just ask Bryan... but you know that already.

BTW... Miss Plainfield #2 looks really great. Thanks for the pics. You and Home Depot CAN paint...!!! Didn't get a follow up on the initial DA run-up. Must have been bulletproof.

-Stan
Old 03-01-2011, 07:14 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

2 of our supporters kicked in a larger enough quantity of promo stuff to add it to the pilot packets of the first 100 pilots. I had also gotten request for mail in registration so I heard you and have made preparations for this as well.

http://www.warbirdsovertexas.com/reg...gistration.htm
Very classy guys. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 03-01-2011, 07:18 PM
tfarmer96

Ya the planefield 2 is ready to go. motor cranked right up. Going to get the markings on her this week
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47814.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	1572027  
Old 03-01-2011, 07:59 PM
yard-dart
My Feedback: (35)

Jeff and I would love to come, but we've committed to Mac's. If by some chance something changes (like the weather), we'll definately try to make it. Plus, you're about 5 hours closer.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Bryan McLarty

ORIGINAL: yard-dart

Plus, you're about 5 hours closer.

Well,that sounds like reason enough!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Spritch

Bryan...

I totally agree... 5 hours is, by gosh, 5 hours..!! While Mac's is a fine gathering and he is one stand-up Gentleman... I think Terry, Gary, Ed and Charles and their gang is putting one together that will set a standard for the South. Let me re-phrase that... ALONG with the WINGS 'West Texas Warbirds' in Lubbock that you guys put on last year..!! The Dist. VIII Southern Clubs are making a mark in the sand to let Mac, Delaware, Denver and the Rockies boys know we have come of age. Yard-Dart... whatever you want to invest in travel time... I assure you that the WBOTX and the WTWB are two events to keep in mind for the next several seasons. While this is WBOTX 1st annual gathering... I've seen what they can do with a Scale event last season... and their crew does it right. Good guys... good set-ups... and just a good friendly atmosphere for pilots. They treat their pilots with respect... and keep the crowd happy... but contained.

I really looked forward to this WarBirds gathering...!!!

-Stan
Old 03-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Bryan McLarty

Stan:
Man, you're excited! I'm glad to see that from guys we know. I know that Tom, Les, Doug, David and me are too! Working on some more, too.

Got it in RED INKon the calendar now!

I know this event was planned for last year, but somehow didn't get off the ground. Can anyone fill me in on what happened? Terry? Just curious, that's all.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:33 PM
tfarmer96

Warbirds Over Texas first event was always planned to start in 2011. We needed the whole year to get everything rounded up and put in order. I knew this was going to be a ton of work to do it right so i posted a year ago on the forums to make sure every one knew about it. Not to mention the multi state event toure i went on to let everyone i could know face to face.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Bryan McLarty

Thanks for the explanation. I'm sure it will be great!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Spritch

Not to mention the multi state event toure i went on to let everyone i could know face to face.
I can testify to the 'face to face' tour at Eureka Springs and Tulsa last year. And (I'm pretty sure) talking about it at WBOOK last year as well as WBOTR I would imagine. Then he toured South Texas getting the word out. He left few (if any) stones un-turned. Terry is a one man PR machine...!!

Bryan... you're right... I'm excited. But right now... I would settle for one day with the wind not blowing 25/30+ around here and stop the 25 to 40 degree swings in temps each day. Just to be at the field on a decent day would help with my rampant cabin fever..!! And I speak for the entire OKSS gang.

-Stan
OK Sooner Squadron
www.oksoonersquadron.org
Old 03-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Spritch

Terry....

The March meeting of the OK Sooner Squadron ended tonight with our getting set-up for our 27th Annual Jumbo Fun-Fly the first weekend in June... and then we moved into the rest of the June schedule after our event. Needless to say... the WBOTX subject came up and it looks like we need to put our hats in the ring for space from the second gate into the field to the sunshade cover. I mean it looks like the WHOLE crew is making plans for this one...!!! For a measuring stick... you only got about a 1/4 of the crew for the Scale last season (ask Gary, Charles or Ed). I guess having a two man PR team up here in OkieLand for WBOTX 2011 (me, Bill & Jim - no charge BTW) might have them pumped just a tad. So... put your sunglasses on... get ready to have Yellow Shirts all over your place...!!!

On a serious note... we DO look forward to this one. Beside that... you will need the OKSS gang to keep those Lubbock boys under control. They have been known to drag out the wading pool and have a mud wrestling contest in a matter of minutes...!!! That is NOT a pretty sight...!!! Sometimes you can't take them anywhere. Our secret... we used air rifles with Elephant trank darts to keep them at bay. McLarty being the worst of the bunch with more trank dart holes than anyone in history.

-Stan
OK Sooner Squadron
www.oksoonersquadron.org

Old 03-07-2011, 08:48 PM
TxCombatGuy

There's a pretty big stock tank north of the runway. If they mud wrastle in that, they might find the retracts from Terry's P-40

Looking forward to seeing the entire gang from OK and Lubbock!

Ed
Old 03-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Spritch

Hey Ed...

I ran across some video up here about Terry and a P-40 that did a nose dive on him... it was at the North end of your field... but looked to be well inside the fence line. Makes one wonder if there was another P-40 adventure that involved the stock tank...??

BTW....

I stole the mud wrestling story from Bryan's posting on one of the Warbird blogs from last season. That's two zingers I've sent his way and he's ignored both of them. I guess I'll leave him alone for awhile.

-Stan
Old 03-08-2011, 07:42 AM
tfarmer96

Yes the 3nd p40 went in much further back and to the right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.