Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

TF P-40 Drop tank....Anyone know of ANY Comparable replacement available?, desperate!

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

TF P-40 Drop tank....Anyone know of ANY Comparable replacement available?, desperate!

Old 07-18-2003, 06:50 PM
p-40_lova

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF P-40 Drop tank....Anyone know of ANY Comparable replacement available?, desperate!

I know that this has been thrown around alot but I can't believe that no one makes a 1/7ish scale even resembling one, that could potentially be modified.

Any help is much appreciate
Doug
Old 07-18-2003, 07:59 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default P-40 drop tank

Lova, there are about a Gazillion things that aren't made for scale planes. That probably includes your drop tank. But don't dispare.. you could build one in a jiffy from blue foam. If you have a picture of it.. draw the top and side outlines on the foam and carve/sand to shape. Afterwards glass it with light cloth. Thats it, you will be rewarded with learing something new AND your drop tank.. try it... you might like it! lol.. Regards BobH.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:10 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default TF P-40 Drop tank....Anyone know of ANY Comparable replacement available?, desperate!

Doug, I'm pretty sure I have one of these new in the package. Drop me a note and we can discuss price. [email protected]
Old 07-19-2003, 01:20 AM
p-40_lova

Thanks guys for the info. I had been discussing possibilities with vacuum forming etc. Glass over foam is also a great idea. The more I thought about it I would just make a last desperate shout out first I am definately interested to see what Chad has to offer.

Thanks again!

Doug
Old 07-19-2003, 12:15 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If what Chad has does not work out, drop me a note. I think I have one as well. Thanks Dave
Old 07-20-2003, 12:40 AM
p-40_lova

Default :)

Thats a 10-4 Dave. Thanks!

Doug
Old 07-21-2003, 12:59 PM
CSpierings
My Feedback: (29)

I"ve got one I'd part with too.

Chris