Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Spektrum DX7 reciever feedback

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Spektrum DX7 reciever feedback

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:13 AM
gramps70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX7 reciever feedback

Has anyone had any problems with Signal feedback using the DX7 reciever? I have a KMP P47, 71inch span, useing a RCGF 26cc gas engine and electronic ignition. At full power on the ground the ailerons and or flaps will jump like they are getting a bad signal. The flaps do have a reversing y harness installed to make the go the same way.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:24 AM
RCHubbub

Default RE: Spektrum DX7 reciever feedback

ORIGINAL: gramps70

Has anyone had any problems with Signal feedback using the DX7 reciever? I have a KMP P47, 71inch span, useing a RCGF 26cc gas engine and electronic ignition. At full power on the ground the ailerons and or flaps will jump like they are getting a bad signal. The flaps do have a reversing y harness installed to make the go the same way.

Amplified reversing Y? This might apply.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/A...ArticleID=1797
Old 05-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Spychalla Aircraft
My Feedback: (34)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You could have a defective RX, but that is unlikely. Everyone will have a different opinion on this. Here is mine.

What you will find is that it is not your Spectrum 2.4 receiver. The RX itself will not be effected by engine noise. It is likely your servos and or servo wires. Look for any servos or servo wires close to the ignition system or the battery that drives the ignition system. What this will do is pick up electrical noise and feed it back into your system and the servos can't handle it and get jumpy. The RX is not effected and you are not losing radio contact. You are just effecting the voltage signal that the servo is trying to match and sending them all over the place. Move and isolate your wires that are near this ignition system or the battery that drives the ignition system and you will have better luck.

I had a problem on a Mustang that occasionally would drop the gear during a LH turn. I lost no other control. Through weeks of trouble shooting what we finally discovered that during a LH turn the servo wire for the retracts would flop down against the battery for the ignition system. It messed up the voltage signal to the servo and told it to cycle. I moved the battery to the other side of the plane and have not had a problem since.

One other idea is, What voltage battery are you driving your system with? 6.0+ volts. A123 or LiPo? Some of the older servos (like the Futaba 148) don't handle much over 5.4 volts or so. They get jumpy. You have to use a regulator to drop down the voltage to smooth them out. Leo
Old 05-03-2010, 12:38 PM
800mZero
My Feedback: (2)

havent had much luck with reversing devices and spektrum myself. Now items such as match boxes and go slos-no problem.