Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Power HD servos

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Mk23socom
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power HD servos

I'm seeing these new servos by "Power HD". Does anyone know anything about these?. Looking at the prices compared to what you would pay for the same thing from a wellknown producer, my hackles raise and Iwonder how reliable these pieces might be. Anyone have any thoughts??
Old 05-07-2010, 09:15 PM
CGAV8R
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Power HD servos

I have been using the HD 2216's for 8 or 10 months and they are very good servos. I have put them through torture and they keep going strong. I don't know about the rest of them.
Aaron D.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Mk23socom

Every bit helps AV8R. I am unfamiliar with the brand and just discovered them on TBM. They seem like they could be a good choice in some applications but without any knowledge on what kind of longevity and reliability they have, I am reluctant to move forward with it until Iam sure that putting them in a plane isn't going to cost me later. What kind of aircraft are you using these servos in?? Thanks much!
Old 05-08-2010, 04:11 AM
Pippin

I've got a set of HD DS090 high speed/torque servos. I have not flown them yet but already opened and inspected them. The gear train is full metal. Gauges are up to the task. Everything looks fine so far. On the work bench they run and center well. I want to put them in an 180 size plane.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Andrew_S
My Feedback: (12)

Ive had both good and bad luck with them...I tried using the 120 digitals and they were junk..I have a 9150 on the rudder of my 33% sukhoi and it is going strong. I have 4 non digitals on my stuka and they are going strong, I dont remember which ones, but they cost 18.99 each and have about 250 oz of torque..?
Old 05-08-2010, 08:09 AM
CGAV8R
My Feedback: (2)

They are mini servos and I tested them in a .46 size 3d plane called a Mojo. I purposly put these small servos in a larger plane with larger control surfaces because they advertised they had the torque of a standard size servo. I flew the plane very hard and they just kept on going. I tested the servos for 6 months in that plane. Later I put them in a .15 size electric warbird and flew them for another 4 months or so until I was doing low rolling flybys and clipped the wing tip on the ground and tumbled the warbird in. The servos are waiting for another bird to go into.

Aaron D.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Mk23socom

Thanks guys! I was thinking of putting one or two in on NON-critical controls to see how they behave, then go from there. AV8R, sounds like aheck of a crash, Ihate to see birds go in. A flying buddy of mine had a WELL used(I MAYbe using the term lightly) H9 Corsair that had been put through the wringers time and time again. While he was doing a full throttle pass over the runway, the right wing finally gave up and it spiraled into the ground, parts flying all directions. He laughed and said, "WOW, did you guys see that!?" It looked about as real as a guy could get with a .60size warbird. He wasnt even upset about it since the wing had been repaired extensively more than a few times. He got his money out of that bird. Again guys, thanks for that info, it sounds like I may be able to go forward and get a couple for something like flaps and see how they do.