Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

WAR! 1/6 EPIC FILM ...now recruiting "ACTORS"

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

WAR! 1/6 EPIC FILM ...now recruiting "ACTORS"

Old 05-23-2010, 09:24 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WAR! 1/6 EPIC FILM ...now recruiting "ACTORS"

WAR! 1/6 EPIC FILM is the EPIC STORY of WWII as told with the use 1/6 Scale Models. Creator Jack Yang of L.A. CALIFORNIA has been collecting 1/6 WWII ERA MILITARY MODELS for 10yrs and is now recruiting more participants to help bring his vision to reality with the use of all 1/6 WWII MODELS.

We are looking for participants willing to use their 1/6 scale WWII FIGURES, VEHICLES, AIRCRAFT , DIORAMAs and more to help produce this one of a kind EPIC FILM!
Jack Yang has all the film & production equipment, elaborate models and more to begin filming this summer... what he is lacking are more participants to operate their own WWII ERA 1/6 tanks, jeeps, AFV's , R/C AIRCRAFT , etc allowing greater range and scope of filming to be possible.

WAR! 1/6 EPIC FILM YAHOO GROUP is looking for A FEW GOOD MODELERS excited to utilize their models alongside JACK's to produce a great film... SO if you have ever wanted to see your model(s) in HIGH DEF in the most realistic setting and film possible this is your chance of a lifetime!

PLEASE NOTE this is for WWII ERA 1/6 SCALE only...
if you have a 1/5 or 1/7 those models will also work , just keeping to the WW II THEME IS MOST IMPORTANT. Filming will take place in the greater L.A., CALIFORNIA area but willing to travel to you if you have a group of modelers that want to be filmed and are sufficient in # to make travel and filming out of state a worthwhile endeavor. Please post with this group if you want to be considered.

"WE WANT YOU" so join the group today @

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/warepicfilm/

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE! AND PLEASE POST ANY QUESTIONS DIRECT TO THE
YAHOO GROUP or
[email protected]

-TOMAS

-WAR! 1/6 EPIC FILM RECRUITING DEPT!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: WAR! 1/6 EPIC FILM ...now recruiting

now this is something I am guessing alot of us wondered or wished someone would do. Cali is a long way from the midwest, have you considered traveling to some of the larger warbird events and stageing something there ie "WOR." o Minnesota warbirds etc? How are you guys doing this, reenacting battles using scripts? is there a plan for video releasae or what? Whats you time frame?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:11 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Attending and filming at the popular war bird events is a great idea IMO. My guess is that guys would be happy to participate. I know I would.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:10 AM
shanksow
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attending and filming at the popular war bird events is a great idea IMO. My guess is that guys would be happy to participate. I know I would.

Well, there is the West Texas Warbirds event to be held in Abernathy, Texas (north of Lubbock, Texas) on August 6-8, 2010. Put on by Wings Miniature Aircraft Society. Check out the Warbirds of OK thread and you will see some promos that have been upload there.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:33 PM
jackntbox

Hello to all,

Thanks to all for your quick and enthusiastic responses! I'm very excited about this project as I have been working on it for the past 10 years. Thanks to Tomas for helping me with the task of rounding up the gang for this ultimate war epic. I couldn't do it without his help.

WAR! is a story that starts on Thanksgiving Day, 1941 with one grandson's question to his grandfather, "What is war?" The grandfather, who recently fought in WWI and whose own sons have joined the armed forces to protect America begrudgingly answers his grandson with firsthand accounts of the Great War. As the old man begins to find peace in educating the young boy his tales take his grandson and the audience on a voyage through time and key points in history when wars were fought for different reasons but all with the same outcome- death and more war. When this question is asked, it sparks a flame that also inspires other people all around the world to respond to the question. Their first hand accounts during the story reveal the damaging effects of war on a global scale. These stories all find parallels with events that take place in real time as the grandfather's own sons experience the war that changed our civilization and our world forever.

This is the story I am going to tell. It will all be done in 1/6th and with remote controlled vehicles and people. The sets will be built by set builders who are out of work because our movie industry has gone to computer generated backgrounds. Although Tomas stated that this project is WWII and it primarily is I will also need anything and everything from all points in history. This means Vikings, Romans, Egyptians, Greeks, Medieval Knights, Samurais, Napoleonic cannons and soldiers, American Civil War cannons and soldiers, horses in all types of bridles and saddles, and everything in between. I will require all the stories of war that anyone is willing to share with the world. Please understand that this project is meant to entertain but also teach how man has been fighting the same war since the beginning of time. We only get better at killing each other. If anyone has stories from WWII that they want to share please don't hesitate. The world needs to learn from our grandfathers or else we are doomed to make the same mistakes. I've personally invested the last 10 years of my life and finances to seeing that this project is made. I've collected an unbelievable amount of stuff to shoot. I still need more. I am still collecting more items as we speak but I sure would appreciate any help or donations to the cause. As Tomas stated, if you have stuff that is "camera ready" meaning that it looks like the real thing then please contact me. I am willing to travel if enough people are in a certain area to shoot a big scene like a bunch of planes or tanks in a great location. Thanks to all who have already willingly offered their services. I will be contacting everyone shortly by email.

I look forward to making this project with the help of everyone who has inspired me to take on such a monumental task. Take care and have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Jack Yang
Old 05-25-2010, 03:21 PM
SCALECRAFT
My Feedback: (13)

Will you be considering stories from WWII European civilians displaced by war and enslaved into work camps (not the same as concentration camps) to serve and manufacture war machines for the forces in power.

This is a side of war not told much.

Steve
Old 05-25-2010, 05:06 PM
jackntbox

Hello Steve,

First of let me thank you and all the others who have been keeping this board and myself busy fixing all the shortcomings of Chinese manufactured ARFs. Your insanity is very familiar and makes me breathe a sigh of relief in knowing that there are others out there like me. I have been building multiple planes for this project one of which is the CMP BF 109. Thanks to all your insights and tips on making this puppy sing. My BF109 is going to be sporting many of the hidden rod conversions that will make it look like the real thing. I can't seem to find the post on the rudder though. I'd appreciate it if you could send me in the right direction for that tutorial.

I am very much looking forward to telling ALL stories of war not just the flyboys and footsoldiers. I want everyones point of view from camp prisoners to russian farmers and american parents to german parents. I want a Dutch boy's account of what it was like when the Germans rolled in and a German boy's account of when his boy scouts became Hitler Youth. European civilians will be at the heart of the project as their anguish is going to drive the story line. This is the true answer to the question. Please share with me all your insights as more stories only give this project more legs. Thanks in advance and I look forward to your reply.

Jack
Old 05-25-2010, 05:12 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Hi Jack:
What aircraft do you already have and what are you looking for that you need

Dave
Old 05-25-2010, 05:50 PM
SCALECRAFT

Jack

How will these people that contribute be acknowledge.

My Dad was forced (a DP, displaced person) to work in the Daimler-Benz factory building 109 and submarine engines that ran the generators on the subs.
I have his original Nazi ID that let him move about with out being "taken away". Would these types of thing be useful to you?

The allies bombed the factory he was in. Not a good day for him.

I shall try to dig up some pics of hidden rudder systems I that have worked well for me in the past.

Steve
Old 05-25-2010, 05:55 PM
SCALECRAFT

Pics of the my scale 1/5 scale flying blades 109. I have static ones as well with static spinner. If you need detail parts for a 109, lmk.

My buddy used to work with WKR productions, Burbank until it all dried up.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40994.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	1442407  
Old 05-25-2010, 06:38 PM
jackntbox

Hi Dave,

I have these planes so far:

3 ESM P51Bs
1 ESM P51D
1 ESM Spitfire
2 ESM ME 109s
1 CMP BF 109

I am looking for anything close to 1/6th from the Wright brothers to the ME 262. The more realistic the better. The more variations in planes the more stories I can tell. Let me know what you have. Hopefully they don't have huge mufflers hanging out the sides or else we will have to shoot creatively around them.

Jack Yang
Old 05-25-2010, 06:53 PM
jackntbox

Steve,

I would love to tell your dad's story. That is one hell of a bad day when you get bombed at forced labor work. I have a scene I want to shoot with an endless view of half-assembled 109s lining the background as forced laborers complete the war machines. I would love to have his whole experience be one of the main story lines. The people involved in the project will all get credits according to their participation. Volunteers are all welcome. Monetary compensation is also going to be a factor if personal costs become an issue. This movie is really for us RC modelers and people who are interested in history and war. The credits are to let everyone know who was involved and whatever information they want to include like a website or foundation I would be glad to include that into the credits. I would love to get veterans groups on board as they are the key holders to this valuable information. This project is going to bring a lot of people together who care about the same things.

Regarding the CMP 109 I would love to get my hands on a 3 blade functional prop for an electric conversion. Any other parts you have to offer would be greatly appreciated. What does the 3 blade prop cost? Have you looked into the Biela carbon fiber scale warbird props? They look pretty nice and I was thinking of getting some for my planes unless of course you have a better suggestion. I just ordered a Ty spinner, canopy, and cockpit, Sierra ESM style retracts, and Glennis 6 spoke wheels. Still need the prop, outrunner, batteries, and ESC. Also, what are the best "high quality" hinges and control arms and stuff that I can upgrade the existing stuff with? Would Robart series be sufficient or is there a better option? Thanks again!

Jack Yang
Old 05-25-2010, 09:02 PM
WhoDaMan

Hi Jack:
Most planes I have are in the 1/5.5 range

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25278.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	1442528   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44724.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	1442529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38150.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	1442530   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd87119.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	1442531  
Old 05-25-2010, 11:11 PM
jackntbox

Hi Dave,

They look great and would be worth the drive. Where is Davis? What else you got?

Jack
Old 05-25-2010, 11:43 PM
WhoDaMan

I am north of you about 300+ miles
Old 05-26-2010, 03:41 PM
jackntbox

Not a bad drive up the coast. Do you know anyone else around you with the same kind of stuff? Anyone else around the Davis/San Francisco area that is interested in having their warbird on camera? The more the better. We could make a weekend of it.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:54 AM
shanksow
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Three resources you might want to check out.

1. Kampfgruppe Von ABT Website (http://www.vonabt.co.uk/).

2. G.I. Joe Collections (http://www.shout.net/~scg/collection...bwebsites.html).

3. LSSR (Lone Star Scale Raiders) (http://lonestarscaleraiders.freeservers.com/index.html).