Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ESM 50cc Corsair

Old 09-07-2012, 04:07 PM
stoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESM 50cc Corsair

Yep, saw that last week. Thanks heaps for the heads up tho!
I have decided to do both setups on the corsair. I will have the landing light in the L.E.and the 2 retractable ones in the wings. They will be switchable separately so I can choose which I use.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Mr_Grump

While this is off topic, over the past few weeks, I've been having connection issues to this thread. When I receive an email with a link to a msg on this thread, I click the link and it now takes up to 10 seconds or more to load the thread. It used not to be this way.

The link to this forum loads quickly, it's just the individual msg link in the email that takes forever to load.

Anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

Mr G
Old 09-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello kwik,i've posted a thread in the gas engines forum for the fg57 and was hoping you could post some pics of the ignition system/s you have had trouble with.Mine is fairly new and is marked saito/rxcel.Hope you can help.Cheers
Old 09-07-2012, 07:33 PM
mmflytie
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes Ihave too
Marc
Old 09-07-2012, 09:58 PM
stoat

Yep, same. Sometimes the page won't load at all, especially on my mobile. It's always really slow. Been like this for a while now.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:02 PM
stoat

Yep, same. Sometimes the page won't load at all, especially on my mobile. It's always really slow. Been like this for a while now.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Mr_Grump

Thanks Guys. At least I feel better knowing it's not just me. You know, misery loves company. :-)

Thanks Brett

Thanks Brett (thats for the second one)

Lane (Mr G)
Old 09-08-2012, 03:12 AM
kwik

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Old Fart

Hello kwik,i've posted a thread in the gas engines forum for the fg57 and was hoping you could post some pics of the ignition system/s you have had trouble with.Mine is fairly new and is marked saito/rxcel.Hope you can help.Cheers

Okay, I move over to the engine thread from now on regarding Saito engine questions/discussions.

I have an URGENT question there, so if anyone can help me, please do!

Here;
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11.../anchor/tm.htm
Old 09-08-2012, 05:20 AM
Mr_Grump

Discovered something regarding slow access. First, how do you even contact the web master? I've looked everywhere. While I apprecaite having this site and all the knowledgable people who subscribe, you have to wonder about a place where there's no obvious place to report issues.

Secondly, it appears to be only in this forum. I subscribed to the FG-57 Saito forum kwik mentioned and the email links work as the should.

Go figure.....

Mr G
Old 09-08-2012, 05:49 AM
n6iap

Kwik,

I usually do not post to questions waiting for some of the others but it sounded like you needed a quick conformation. This connector is for the pickup. I too have the Saito FG 57 in my ESM Corsair and glad to see they have changed the connections to match what is on the FG20 and FG30. I suffered through the ignition issues with the FG20 when it first came out but haven’t had as many problems as you with the FG57 ignition. BTW, the only standard they seem to have on colors for wires is pick a new one to meet the happenstance of their production.

Hope your flying goes well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18300.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1799256  
Old 09-08-2012, 01:04 PM
stoat

Hey, what's this corsair brotherhood I keep seeing everywhere?
Old 09-08-2012, 01:32 PM
kwik

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you for telling me. The reason for not understanding this, is that the hall-sensor they sendt me was with a futaba-plug.

Therefore there will be no flying this weekend either.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:12 AM
n6iap

BTW, I use a scalpel (hobby knife) to remove the notch so those Futaba male connectors work in other females. My best luck is approaching parallel to the wires with a cutting board below.

This is a link to the beginning of the thread and the user ctflyboy keeps the roster for the Corsair Brotherhood. The only thing you have to do is post that you have an interest in Corsairs and would like to belong. I Think everyone in this thread would be definitely eligible.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_31..._1/key_/tm.htm

Something has changed with rcuniverse there are times when the links time-out before connecting. It seems to work okay to navigate within a thread but opening a new thread is often an issue. I tried for hours last night to post this and finally gave up. Things seem better today.

jimm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73877.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1799500  
Old 09-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Mr_Grump

For you guys with cockpits, where did you get your information on the paint used in the cockpit? Colors? Brand?

I got one of Tys cockpits and don't have any info on the paint.

Thanks

Mr G
Old 09-10-2012, 02:34 PM
stoat

Because I'm such a scale perfectionist , I spent hours trolling the interweb for cockpit photos, asked the plastic kits guys what they used, and even tried to find an actual USAF color spec. the results were about 30 different colors were used, from a dark yellow primer, through green to black. Also depends on the camera used and your screen settings!

So I just used the can of Tamiya Olive Drab laquer I had sitting around.

Will hopefully have most of the weathering finished by Friday so will post some pics. Still waiting on my dummy radial to turn up from Tower........
Old 09-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Mr_Grump

Thanks Stoat

I'll be looking for the photos. I have zero experience with plastic and painting. Guess I'll head to the local hobby shop and get some painting advice.

What radial did you order from tower?

Mr G
Old 09-10-2012, 02:54 PM
stoat

The Willams Bros 8 inch version. Its a Wright not a Pratt & Wittney but its 7 cyl and with a bit of work will look the part... Will also stop the old girl looking like a stunned mullet from the front... [X(]
Old 09-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Mr_Grump

Thanks. I'll head to the Williams Bros site...

Here's one alternative for non-painters like me. Page two has paint colors.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Zx69934.pdf (75.1 KB, 100 views)
Old 09-12-2012, 02:07 AM
stoat

Well, the mighty Horse Hair seems to have developed a problem. All the paint is starting to fall off and its also getting dirty!

Stage 1 of the weathering complete. Still have to add guns, landing lights/gun camera, second antenna and aerial, and dummy radial. Then its time to flip her over and start on the underside....!
Wont get much more done for a week or so due to work commitments, bummer.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:43 AM
ya33a

Love the simulated fabric wing covering, or is it real fabric covering with simulated metal surrounding it?

Some 'tips' would be really appreciated, the streaking of the tail is really good - understated.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:52 AM
Craig B.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome weathering stoat......not overdone, very authentic. Let's hear how you did it!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:04 AM
splinterz25

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

VERY NICE INDEED TOAST!! I'LL BE SCOPING YOUR DETAILING OUT

BRUCE
Old 09-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

Looks great Stoat! The pictures you've posted of your plane are one of the reasons that I'm about to order one.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:25 PM
stoat

Thanks guys! I must admit, this is the bit I enjoy most.

ya33a, the simulated fabric is real fabric, painted to look like metal, then weathered to look like faded fabric....confused?

How it was done....
1, Marked out all panel lines using a soft pencil (keep it very light!). Mask off the fabric areas and spray with a thinned mix of Testors Dust and Grime. These are railroad weathering colors and come in all sorts of weird shades. Try not to spray the panels evenly. Spray around the edges and not the center of each panel - the overspray will coat the center and give you a nicely graduated effect. NOTE: Use very light coats sprayed at a distance. You should barely be able to tell color has been applied untill you peel off a bit of masking. I feel my panels are too heavily done. Would have liked them more subtle but I hadent thinned the paint enough.... oh well.
2, Using a 000 paint brush and bright silver paint (I use all enamels for weathering as they are weatherproof once dry) pick out all the panel line edges and paint every chip and scratch. Not as bad as it sounds! There is a trick to doing this. I will post a vid if you want when I do the underside. Let me know. Chipping is done with the sponge.
3, Rivets are added with a piece of tube dipped in paint. I put the paint on a piece of sponge first to make a "stamp pad" for the paint. This stops getting too much paint on the tube.
4, Airbrush all the panel lines with a very thinned down mix of testors Grime and Rust. Should be just on the brown side of grey. Set your brush to a fairly fine spray and take it slowly. Use this mix to add a few dirt streaks from panel lines/hatches/leading edges etc back in the direction of the airflow.
5, Darker streaking and general dirt is done the same way but with Testors Engine Black. These paints come spray ready but I always thin 50/50 otherwise its too easy to be heavy handed with the color. You want a fine shadow effect not a pin stripe.
6, Any chips/scratches that are too bright, hit them with the black on a very fine setting. I use a single action airbrush as I suck at using my good dual action brush - I could never get the hang of it! [X(]

I think thats about it. As I said, if you want I will try doing a vid when I do the underside. You'll just have to put up with my shocking Kiwi accent!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:09 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Fantastic job stoat !

P.S. no worries, can`t hear your accent over the internet anyway [X(]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.