Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Fiberclassics spitfire

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Fiberclassics spitfire

Old 07-21-2003, 02:06 AM
f8fbigbear
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiberclassics spitfire

I would like to hear from someone who has experience and/or pictures of the Fiberclassics spitfire. Any info would be appreciated
Old 07-21-2003, 02:40 AM
IFLYRC-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Spit ..

Well.. just "finished" mine. Ran it for the first time today (with some problem solving from my freind Jack - "THANKS!" )

Hope to fly it next weekend maybe, nerves permitting !

I think overall it's a great "kit". Still a ton of work. The tape they sell shows all the planes flying,including the Spitfire. Looks to be a *****cat overall.

I think the full castering tailwhell is a bad idea though. I want full control on the ground. I added a pull-pull set up so steering is easier.. verified that today when running the engine.

I am going to try the full enclosed engine like they show.. but with a single cyclinder, not an inline twin. Hope it works, lots of extra work, and not sure.... but looks good with NO holes in the cowl.

Make sure to wipe the plane down with acetone like they say before painting.... I hope to get some pics this weekend.

Not a cheap kit, but the retracts are great. I went with a UP2 valve though. The supplied one was leaking and uses an odd size tube. I used the tubing and made an adaptor to fit the UP2.

Oh well.. nuff for now.

Jim
Old 07-21-2003, 12:48 PM
fastbanana

Default Fiber classics Spit

Hi Jim,

I was offered this kit last week. Can't refuse it, I'll be in touch with more info.

I will send you some pics when I pick up the kit next week.

Best Regards,

Jaime
Old 07-21-2003, 02:19 PM
f8fbigbear
My Feedback: (1)

Default thank you

Thank you very much guys for the info. I got a chance to see Fiberclassics mustang Saturday at a warbird fly-in. I thought the finish was beautiful and it flew even better, its lowspeed handling on approach and landing was unbelievable. Any more pics and or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
James
Old 07-21-2003, 11:59 PM
IFLYRC-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Gallery Pictures

Well, I think I uploaded a couple of pics from our club meeting night.

Not the best pics, but something to look at anyway.

I'll try and get some better ones before flying it this weekend.

Look in gallery ...

Q 100 spins the 24 x 10 3 blade Mejlik at 6100 RPM on the ground ( new engine ). Seems to have enough pull to fly the plane.

My thoughts were this: 3 blade prop looks cool, and the engine will not be turning up so fast. Hope the lower RPM will help keep the engine a bit cooler.

Notice ! No holes in cowl, completely ducted in cooling system. Uses wing radiators to feed cool air through fuse into cowl and out the bottom.

Hope it works ! ha ha !Plan to take off quickly and get some altitude and fly it around listening VERY carefully to the engine to see if it leans out from the heat. If it does, a "High Pressure" landing will follow QUICKLY ! ( no pressure here .... lol )