RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Monster Planes USA 2011 (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/10677041-monster-planes-usa-2011-a.html)

ram3500-RCU 08-18-2011 09:54 PM

Monster Planes USA 2011
 
1 Attachment(s)
When I got home from work today (very late as usual lately[:o]), I was pleased to find My pre-registration form and MP flyer had come in the mail. I'm looking forward to seeing all my friends again, and making some new ones. :D This is a first class event for scale enthusiasts into giant scale, and Frank really makes everyone feel welcome.

Although it is open to any type fixed wing, war birds are definitely very well represented.

A few pictures from last year.:D

CAN'T WAIT for PM 2011!!!!!!!

mogman 08-19-2011 09:38 AM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
I just mailed my registration this morning. Bringing a new plane this year....40% Waco, Moki 400. Did the maiden last week, flies like a BIG trainer!
Looking forward to seeing all the guys again.

Cheers,
Dave.

luckyb 08-19-2011 09:48 AM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
We're ready as well Gary, can't wait. It's been a long hot summer for us, and I hope it's a little cooler for the event. However, the Warbird Alley Bar and Grill will keep us hydrated, lol. I'm sure there will be a lot of excellent flying. It'll be good to see your brother too. Meanwhile, take care of Zombie. We would like to see her fly every now and then, lol. Take care.........Doug

MarkShapiro 08-19-2011 11:40 AM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
Got mine too and looking forward.

ram3500-RCU 08-19-2011 07:42 PM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: mogman

I just mailed my registration this morning. Bringing a new plane this year....40% Waco, Moki 400. Did the maiden last week, flies like a BIG trainer!
Looking forward to seeing all the guys again.

Cheers,
Dave.
Sounds incredible Dave. Congratulations on the maiden. Brian and I will be maidening a CARF Corsair tomorrow. It has a Moki 250, our first experience with them. Fantastic engines!

Looking forward to seeing your big Waco in action.

ram3500-RCU 08-19-2011 07:45 PM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: luckyb

We're ready as well Gary, can't wait. It's been a long hot summer for us, and I hope it's a little cooler for the event. However, the Warbird Alley Bar and Grill will keep us hydrated, lol. I'm sure there will be a lot of excellent flying. It'll be good to see your brother too. Meanwhile, take care of Zombie. We would like to see her fly every now and then, lol. Take care.........Doug
Brian is doing well and is really looking forward to this trip. I can't believe how fast this summer is going by. It will be time for MP in no time.:D

ram3500-RCU 08-19-2011 07:46 PM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: MarkShapiro

Got mine too and looking forward.
What are you bringing Mark? Or would you rather surprise:D us.

MarkShapiro 08-20-2011 05:28 AM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
Hey Gary. I will be bringing my 3W-Bearcat with a Moki 250 for power. She got her debut last MP, but it was an inauspicious one. Hopefully we have better luck this year. I may be bringing a 3W P-51 that I have been re-furbing, but not sure she will be done in time. Look forward to seeing you there.

ram3500-RCU 08-21-2011 07:15 AM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
Quote:

ORIGINAL: MarkShapiro

Hey Gary. I will be bringing my 3W-Bearcat with a Moki 250 for power. She got her debut last MP, but it was an inauspicious one. Hopefully we have better luck this year. I may be bringing a 3W P-51 that I have been re-furbing, but not sure she will be done in time. Look forward to seeing you there.
I saw the flights last year on the Bearcat. I was standing by the pit as it "made it's arrival as well".:eek: Glad she is doing well and that will be there again. I'd like to share some airspace with you with our new CARF Corsair also Moki 250 equipped (just did the maiden yesturday:D:D We have yet to do the paint and detail, but plan to complete that during September, after a few more flights). Sounds like great fun in October.

Dwhart24 08-29-2011 12:58 PM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
I'll be there with my camera and a new Monster lens. :D

ram3500-RCU 08-29-2011 01:27 PM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Dwhart24

I'll be there with my camera and a new Monster lens. :D
Looking forward to that great coverage.

MarkShapiro 08-29-2011 01:31 PM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
1 Attachment(s)
Yes, that "unexpected arrival" certainly was a shocker. Makes a big difference when your aircraft touches down about five seconds before you expect it to. :). Looking for softer landings this year! For now, she's all put back together and ready to roll!

ram3500-RCU 08-29-2011 02:12 PM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

ORIGINAL: MarkShapiro

Yes, that ''unexpected arrival'' certainly was a shocker. Makes a big difference when your aircraft touches down about five seconds before you expect it to. :). Looking for softer landings this year! For now, she's all put back together and ready to roll!
Looks even better than I remember from last year. This year, I will have a CARF Corsair, also with a Moki 250, to follow you around with.:D

Here is my maiden landing (did not damage the prop:D), and the second one (much better).:D

She will be painted by MP.

MarkShapiro 08-29-2011 02:24 PM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
That sounds great, Gary. It will look a bit like the Reno Air Races out there. Did you get that landing gear issue resolved with the Corsair?

Scott Prossen 08-29-2011 03:35 PM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
1 Attachment(s)
Guys,
So far I know of 4 each Moki 400's that will be attending / flying at Monster Planes this year. Or should I say Le Ferte Alais of the West. This big stuff might actually be catching on in the USA and the new size limits seem to make it even easier. This is going to be the biggest and best ever MONSTER PLANES....registrations are coming in at a good pace. The Field will be a year old and let me say it looks BEAUTIFUL! I saw it a few weeks ago and it is definitely looking fantastic.

Post pictures of your MONSTER plane with a 400cc or better and maybe we can coerce Frank into getting us a special mention, T-shirt or plaque for a "400 or Better Club" MP membership??? What do you think Frank.......I'm calling you out buddy!

Anyhow I do know of two other MOKI 400 projects that might make it as well. That would be something to see a few of these in the air at all times of the event.

Post your pictures with your 400cc (per engine) or better along with some info about the plane and your name of course and we'll see if Frank will take care of us!?!?!?!?

Here's mine in primer:
Moki 400, 143" P47 122 lbs. 10" main Tires and Wheels by Di Vinci, retracts by none other than Sierra, Futaba 14MZ (maiden to be in the next 2 to 3 weeks).

See you MONSTERS later,
Scott

mogman 08-29-2011 03:56 PM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
1 Attachment(s)
And mine....started building Feb. 1st. 2011, finished early July.

AMR 40% Waco, Moki 400, 40x18 prop, 142" span, 76lbs, finished in the Stits system, 13 flights as of now, going to a 5 day fly-in followed by a 7 day float fly, 3 weeks off and then Florida bound:D (7 day trip).
Really looking forward to coming down again.

Cheers,
Dave.

ram3500-RCU 08-29-2011 05:34 PM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: MarkShapiro

That sounds great, Gary. It will look a bit like the Reno Air Races out there. Did you get that landing gear issue resolved with the Corsair?
Yes, the gear is working as it should. The gear on the second one we are building will be an electric conversion of the Sierra gear that comes with the kit.

BTW, it looks like we will have to have to start our own 250 club Mark.:D

ram3500-RCU 08-29-2011 05:36 PM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
Quote:

ORIGINAL: mogman

And mine....started building Feb. 1st. 2011, finished early July.

AMR 40% Waco, Moki 400, 40x18 prop, 142'' span, 76lbs, finished in the Stits system, 13 flights as of now, going to a 5 day fly-in followed by a 7 day float fly, 3 weeks off and then Florida bound:D (7 day trip).
Really looking forward to coming down again.

Cheers,
Dave.
Truely a "monster plane" Dave, and I can't believe how fast you can do all that.:D Very cool and can't wait to see it and you again.

mogman 08-29-2011 08:21 PM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 


[/quote]
Truely a ''monster plane'' Dave, and I can't believe how fast you can do all that.:D
[/quote]


The joy of being retired....:D

I just got into the habit of getting into the shop at 5.30 every morning.( I spent 43 years of my working life getting up at that time...hard habit to break!) I guess I averaged 6-7 hours a day...every day. I set my goal as going to M/Planes with a new plane.

Cheers,
Dave.

Scott Prossen 08-30-2011 02:41 AM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: mogman

And mine....started building Feb. 1st. 2011, finished early July.

AMR 40% Waco, Moki 400, 40x18 prop, 142'' span, 76lbs, finished in the Stits system, 13 flights as of now, going to a 5 day fly-in followed by a 7 day float fly, 3 weeks off and then Florida bound:D (7 day trip).
Really looking forward to coming down again.

Cheers,
Dave.
Beautiful Dave! Congrats on the build and successful flights. So looking forward tto seeing you again......and the Waco.

Okay, that's two of us the other two I know for sure are Frank and his Huge 47 and Some guys from S. Florida with another 40% Waco. Hope they post their pictures. C'mon guys....I'm hoping there's a few closet dwellers out there that will surprise us with some big powered planes (400 cc's/engine or bigger)????

Scott

MarkShapiro 08-30-2011 04:17 AM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
I'm with you, Gary. I nominate you the 250 Club President! Scott, the 47 looks amazing. That truly is a Monster. Dave, can't wait to see that beautiful Waco in person. Truly gorgeous.

mogman 08-30-2011 06:17 AM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
It's going to be great. I just heard from my friend Jim Record (last year, black Waco with the flame paint job) he's coming again and we are getting one of the big tents in which to set up.
Scott, is your Dad going to have his Waco done?

Cheers,
Dave.

topflight36 08-30-2011 10:55 AM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
I can't wait for this event. This is one of my fathers and mines favorite events to vend at. We were hoping to have our new 55% extra 260 done by monster planes. However, it will have to wait till next year I guess. Not sure if we are going to bring it with us to show at the booth.

Tom
Plane Addicts

ram3500-RCU 08-30-2011 02:11 PM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
The anticipation builds, the more I read.:D

Ed 08-30-2011 03:37 PM

RE: Monster Planes USA 2011
 
How about posting some of the videos from last years event here. Many would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

ed


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:53 AM.