RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   New Hanger 9 P-47 30cc and electric friendly (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/10774597-new-hanger-9-p-47-30cc-electric-friendly.html)

bluescoobydoo 11-14-2011 01:48 PM

RE: New Hanger 9 P-47 30cc and electric friendly

just priced one up in the uk £650 = $950 that is just a stupid price to pay for any balsa kit no matter who makes it or what it is covered with i can buy a jet for that money, dont think they will sell in the uk at that price TF much cheaper option

Ron101 11-16-2011 04:46 PM

Just placed my pre order!
Excited to get this plane... I have really high hopes that this will be a great plane.

I plan on doing a video blog of the assembly, my setup and flight video.

It's going to be a fun project! I have no plans for any bells and whistles.. the plan it to keep this one light and really have it perform

tlroliff 12-13-2011 08:56 AM

Got mine on back order too. Airframe, retracts and cockpit. Still debating engines and would like to do gear doors etc. I am stoked.

gade600sdi 12-13-2011 02:29 PM

I think the Evolution 40GX is the ticket. I have the 26GX and its a very good motor. The plane is really a little big for 30cc, like a DLE 30 you would have to add a lot of nose weight I suspect, the 40 GX should balance nice with no added weight. G38 would be cheaper but not as nice and maybe too nose heavy. Mine is pre-order too.

tlroliff 12-13-2011 03:22 PM

The Evo is so pricey though! I am flying the H9 P-47 1.50 Razorback on a G26 and it is fine. Wonder how this model will compare in weight? I was thinking DLE30 or G38 but now you have me wondering about the balance. I hate adding lead!

mobyal 12-26-2011 07:24 PM

Bill (Brundle)
One of our group who has pre-ordered this one was looking around on the 'net today and saw that our P-47s are presently scheduled for a 2/16/12 delivery. As are a number of other H9 E-Flite planes.
Is this a realistic P-47 date?
Thanks
Al

bbrundle 12-27-2011 06:21 AM

I wish I could tell you that the your orders would arrive sooner, but for now the best ETR i have is late February for the first shipment.

mobyal 12-27-2011 08:36 AM

ORIGINAL: bbrundle

I wish I could tell you that the your orders would arrive sooner, but for now the best ETR i have is late February for the first shipment.

OK, thanks, Bill. We appreciate the info. Right now we at RVRC (Roanoke Valley RC) have four on order with a possible fifth. Of those four, three will be electric.
Al

Ron101 12-27-2011 08:46 AM

I'm so excited about this plane!! Hope it makes it by Feb 13, that's my birthday [&:]

bbrundle 12-27-2011 07:10 PM

mobyal,

Sounds like you will have your own Squadron. The model will be an easy conversion to Electric especially if you use the optional battery tray and motor extension box. What motors will your fellow flyers be using?

The P-47 has become my favorite as it is so fogiving on the ground and is so predictable on approach. I will keep you boys updated with the ETR as I obtain new info and in teh meantime let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to hearing your comments on this bird was you receive yours.

mobyal 12-27-2011 08:03 PM

Bill
We'll do that. The three "electrics" have all ordered the motor box, tray and retracts. Don't know abut the others, but I'm going w/ what you all recomend. I've done that before and haven't been steered wrong yet!l
Al

bbrundle 12-28-2011 08:27 PM

Al,

Thanks
As a member if the H9 team I can tell you that we try very hard to provide you the modeler with products that fly great and look great.

The options recommended for this model have been thoroughly test flown by me personally and as the developer on this bird I am confident that by using the recommended set up parts will ensure you have a great experience.

fanoffive0 12-28-2011 08:58 PM

Would you be able to provide any video?

ORIGINAL: bbrundle

Al,

Thanks
As a member if the H9 team I can tell you that we try very hard to provide you the modeler with products that fly great and look great.

The options recommended for this model have been thoroughly test flown by me personally and as the developer on this bird I am confident that by using the recommended set up parts will ensure you have a great experience.

Desertlakesflying 12-28-2011 09:04 PM

I have a brand new Evo 40GX I'll part with for $450 shipped (US only) in the market.

My buddy flies his Top Flite 86" giant P-40 with one and a 18X10 3 blade and it has plenty of power.

Should fly this one with authority.

Ron101 01-08-2012 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was over at the AMA expo in ontario ca on friday and got to really checkout what I have on pre order..
I'm so happy I have this plane coming...it's very well done.

I picked up a hacker A-60-16L from aeromodel....great deal at the show

They are running the older razor back hanger 9 P-47 with this same motor on 12s 5000 mah with a 20x15 prop and a ICE 160 HV.... they say it is VERY fast with his prop and setup so looking forward to some screaming fast passes :D

glazier808 01-09-2012 06:06 AM

Man that looks nice....they should have let ya have that one! LOL
It should be an absolute rocket with that setup Ron. What do you estimate it will weigh, or should I say, is their a target weight your shooting for?

Casey

tlroliff 01-09-2012 06:36 AM

Looks great! Does anyone know if the dummy radial comes with the airframe? If not will one be available from H9 seperately? Talked to the owner of the LHS that ordered mine at a swap this weekend. He hasn't heard anything more on an ETA.

Ron101 01-09-2012 08:27 AM

Man that looks nice....they should have let ya have that one! LOL
It should be an absolute rocket with that setup Ron. What do you estimate it will weigh, or should I say, is their a target weight your shooting for?

Casey
your right, they should have let me have that one :D
I'm guessing it will be 20 to 22 pounds loaded with packs ready to fly... but I'm not really sure.. I'll do a thread for electric power when she shows up
I would like to try out the new electric retracts from robart on this one also

Looks great! Does anyone know if the dummy radial comes with the airframe? If not will one be available from H9 seperately? Talked to the owner of the LHS that ordered mine at a swap this weekend. He hasn't heard anything more on an ETA.
Yes the radial comes with the plane as well as the pylons and bombs.... here is a link to the manual and it show what comes with the plane: http://www.hangar-9.com/ProdInfo/Fil...485-manual.pdf

CashD 01-09-2012 10:52 AM

ORIGINAL: mobyal

Bill
We'll do that. The three "electrics" have all ordered the motor box, tray and retracts. Don't know abut the others, but I'm going w/ what you all recomend. I've done that before and haven't been steered wrong yet!l
Al

Do you mean to tell us that the motor box and battery tray needed for electric setup are not included in that high price??? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...n/drowning.gif

tlroliff 01-09-2012 11:02 AM

Thanks I see the radial does come with it. I guess I missed it the first time I looked through the manual.

Ron101 02-10-2012 12:46 PM

So I see the prices are up on Horizon for the new Electric retracts from Robart

They look like good units but the cost seems really high to me

The mains with struts are $449.99 the tail retract is $189.00 so $638.99 for a setup seem crazy to me

The airsetup is $324.99 with struts and airkit the tail retract is $144.99 so $469.98 total... that's better I can't see paying $170 dollars more, I really wanted to try the electrics but I think I'm cheaping out now.
I've used air for years with great success, plus I would think with the electrics your going to need to run a battery pack just for the retracts, just another thing to charge and more weight.

Not to mention, with electrics you have a motor that can burn out... so it's not a sure thing either

Here is a link the prices are on the right:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...cc-arf-HAN4485

show871 02-11-2012 04:54 PM

Or you just use these which look awesome and are reasonaby priced!

http://www.wingspanretracts.com/H9P47

I have great luck so far with my wingspan e-retracts!

Ron101 02-11-2012 05:35 PM

Wow those are a much better deal... but I'd like to see a real picture of them
I have to research these guys, I've never heard of them but I like that price and the design looks good

Thanks for pointing these out, they might work out for me

$399 for the whole set is very good

Ron101 04-26-2012 08:21 AM

Well I'm getting excited guys... ordered this plane back in Nov. and it's looking like we are going to see it in mid May....

It's been a long wait, but looking at this video it looks like a really sweet flyer!!!

I have my A-60-16L waiting, also ordered two sets of 12s 65c 5000 mah thunder power packs.... I'll get the rest when she shows up.

going to add a lighting system to this one for fun, I'll start a build thread when she shows up

check out the flight video, look how slow it lands!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=02_AJPS0HqM

Lifer 04-26-2012 08:35 AM

Ron,

I've got the original edition and can tell you that with flaps at 45 degrees, plus, it lands sweet! You will enjoy the plane a lot.