RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Whos afraid of the Big Bad Wulf ( Meister fw190a) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/10787953-whos-afraid-big-bad-wulf-meister-fw190a.html)

tfarmer96 10-29-2011 07:35 AM

Whos afraid of the Big Bad Wulf ( Meister fw190a)

1 Attachment(s)
It’s time to crank up on my winter project. This time it’s going to be the Meister Scale Fw190a. In the past few years it seems these kits have been over looked because of the vast number of ARFs on the market. I have seen several Meisters fly lately and am very impressed. With the flaps down a 50lbs f4u I know of can fly slow I mean real slow with no tip stall etc. They are easy to build and from what I have seen a real easy flyer.
I got my plans from Dean and will be making my wood order today. I already have my gear, the motor and my spinner.

Check out all the stuff over at Meister Scale http://www.meister-scale.com/

wingspar 10-29-2011 07:44 AM

RE: Whos afraid of the Big Bad Wulf ( Meister fw190a)

I'll be watching. A guy in club I belong to built this plane. It's said to be a great flyer.

As the old saying goes... "If it's not a Focke Wolf, it's not a fighter":D

Dave N

tfarmer96 10-29-2011 07:50 AM

Ya i love the fw190a my 1/5 scale flys great and is a crowd pleaser.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1OGXRs7A2w[/youtube]

JGrc 10-29-2011 08:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OH boy how I miss my Blue4!!:(:(:(

Terry, would you like a scale wing for the Meister 190?

JG

All Day Dan 10-29-2011 08:15 AM

tfarmer,
Nothing is more beautiful than a 190. Its landing gear says it all. I have studied dozens of three view drawings and countless photographs. Although the struts are at a steep angle to the ground, the wheels seem to be pretty close to perpendicular. Is that the way the retracts you have are set up? The axles look to be perpendicular to the struts from here. Please post your progress with the build and don’t forget a great video of the maiden. Dan.

STUKA BARRY 10-29-2011 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: tfarmer96

It’s time to crank up on my winter project. This time it’s going to be the Meister Scale Fw190a. In the past few years it seems these kits have been over looked because of the vast number of ARFs on the market. I have seen several Meisters fly lately and am very impressed. With the flaps down a 50lbs f4u I know of can fly slow I mean real slow with no tip stall etc. They are easy to build and from what I have seen a real easy flyer.
I got my plans from Dean and will be making my wood order today. I already have my gear, the motor and my spinner.

Check out all the stuff over at Meister Scale http://www.meister-scale.com/

Where did you get that spinner?

tfarmer96 10-29-2011 09:34 AM

All the gear, spinner and wheels are Sierra .

Whistling Death 10-29-2011 10:58 AM

The FW 190 is one of the most elegant looking airplanes ever built. My favorite German warbird for sure.
This is definitely on my future to do list.

Ramstein44 10-29-2011 11:09 AM

Watching with great interest. I've built and flown the meister Dora but want the Anton. Looking forward to your post[8D]

ticketec 10-29-2011 03:05 PM

Now were talking!!!

A Meister Anton with a Moki, I'll be following with great interest mate!

Good luck with the build, and I hope you post plenty of pic's for those of us following vicariously;)

Thanks

dave

TomCrump 10-30-2011 02:52 AM

I may be starting a 190 D soon, too. I'll follow with interest.

captainron 10-30-2011 04:58 AM

Hey T-man.............

When did you get on Dino's payroll? LOL! I wasn't a 190 fan until I saw Evan's at WOTR..................OMG! WHAT A BEAUTY AND FLEW AS GOOD AS IT LOOKED.....

Good lluck on the build, I'll be watching.......I'm gonna build his Thunderbolt................ hope to see it fly at WOTR 2012....

CAPTAIN RON

tfarmer96 10-30-2011 05:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:D

ORIGINAL: captainron

Hey T-man.............

When did you get on Dino's payroll? LOL! I wasn't a 190 fan until I saw Evan's at WOTR..................OMG! WHAT A BEAUTY AND FLEW AS GOOD AS IT LOOKED.....

Good lluck on the build, I'll be watching.......I'm gonna build his Thunderbolt................ hope to see it fly at WOTR 2012....

CAPTAIN RON
Ya man i did not like missing WBOR. I dont know if folks know but my winter project is built with the goal of being able to have a enough flights on it to fly it at Brians event.....ok i guess i should tell the trueth Bonnies event. The attached photo is of this years project.

Any way i got my wood ordered and down i feel like im all dressed up with no where to go.:eek: I did makes some mods on the wood order. Im going to use Basswood on the spars the plan calls for balsa and i have had many planes with balsa spars with no problem but im makeing this change just because:D

I know this is a sports scale bird, but you can trick these planes out and make them look great. You just cant get somthing this big to fly this well any other way if you ask me. I have seen many of the P47s, several 190s, 109 and the F4u i just came to the conclusion i should have one in my fleet.

Im not a Meister-Scale sponsered pilot.......but i would like to be:D

jeff naul 10-30-2011 07:44 AM

Terry, Why Only A 150cc? Doesn't the 215/250 fit.

captainron 10-30-2011 12:32 PM

YO BROTHA.........

HUN HUNTER NEVER LOOKED BETTER..................NICE JOB! Flown it yet? Is that a Meister? I'm getting ready to Dino's Jug in the Razorback version. Money first.......then the bird and all the accessories. A BME 100 will do the work up front.

CAPTAIN RON

tfarmer96 10-30-2011 03:04 PM

Jeff im tryn my best to be good and not hot rod them anymore. Ya cap i flew her she flys great.

Icemanjr92 10-30-2011 03:21 PM

Cant wait to see the build. The 150 is a great fit for the FW 190A.
Jeff, the 215 will not fit in any of the Meister models at the moment... however as you know things change in time.

jeff naul 10-30-2011 06:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Icemanjr92

Cant wait to see the build. The 150 is a great fit for the FW 190A.
Jeff, the 215 will not fit in any of the Meister models at the moment... however as you know things change in time.
Dino, I didn't know that. However I have no idea what your talking about;)

vertical grimmace 10-31-2011 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: captainron

Hey T-man.............

CAPTAIN RON
Ron....! You are coming around on the FW 190?! I garuntee when you see my TA 152 I am working on you will be fully converted. Maybe one of these days I can fly formation with you if you ever come over to the dark side!

captainron 10-31-2011 04:16 PM

RICH,
Your so funny..............I only said I liked Evan's 190 at WOTR's..............DIDN'T SAY I WOULD GO SO FAR AS BUILD ONE.............LOL! My next build is a Meister P-47 scaled to the 10th degree.... Dino and me baby, we're joined at the hip .......He's gonna hate me before I'm done with this bird.........I'm talking Top Gun stuff here baby!........

HOWEVER...........THE MIGHTY FOCKE WULF IS A LOOKER ALL SCALED OUT LIKE EVAN Q's I JUST LOVE SCALED OUT WARBIRDS ANYWAY.............THEIR ALL AWESOME! It's just fun to walk around the pits at WARBIRDS OVER THE ROCKIES, WARBIRDS OVER DENVER AND YES, WARBIRDS OVER PUEBLO and see how the big boys do it............

DANG, I LOVE THIS HOBBY............................................. CAPTAIN RON

vertical grimmace 10-31-2011 05:24 PM

Oh Ron, I know. My objective is to have the TA for the events next year. I have the fuse half built and the tail done. Everything is coming together. Next summer will be a lot of fun and can't wait to fly with you guys again. Working on the scale masters qualifier as well. Get that jug ready and you can join us for that as well. Just remember to build to some docs! Can't wait to see your new bird, even if it is allied! :p

dvs1 10-31-2011 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

Oh Ron, I know. My objective is to have the TA for the events next year. I have the fuse half built and the tail done. Everything is coming together. Next summer will be a lot of fun and can't wait to fly with you guys again. Working on the scale masters qualifier as well. Get that jug ready and you can join us for that as well. Just remember to build to some docs! Can't wait to see your new bird, even if it is allied! :p

I really would love to see another TA-152 build thread.[8D]

dvs1 10-31-2011 05:35 PM

tfarmer, I will be watching your progress with much interest. I will never see too many FW-190 build threads. When I started in RC my dream plane was the P-51, well been there built that. Now all I think about is Focke Wulfs. I wish I had the money, I would build every variant there is. I have an addiction to them that I cant ever seem to get over. Something about them that I just can't get enough of. [sm=tongue_smile.gif]

vertical grimmace 10-31-2011 06:53 PM

DVS1, I hear you, awesome plane, and really looking forward to this build thread. I really want a Meister D9 one day. My build is not organized and sanitary enough for public consumption! I have a little surprise with mine though that makes it somewhat obscure and original. I do not like to have something like everyone else at the field. I may start a thread to show loose progress (very loose!), but I am not quite there yet.

Icemanjr92 10-31-2011 07:32 PM

Capt. Ron, you crack me up! xoxo.