RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   senior vs JR VS jessie james, build off (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/10846894-senior-vs-jr-vs-jessie-james-build-off.html)

WhiteRook 12-06-2011 05:00 PM

senior vs JR VS jessie james, build off

theres a build off on american chopper on discovery and paul jr is doing a P-51 Theme bike , and has a P-51 There on site to
get ideas from , it doesnt look like the real plane , i think its a kit plane. if anyones seen the show , weigh in , because
it looks like the gear is actually too narrow , and the wing span too short, just looks odd.

Ram-bro 12-06-2011 05:14 PM

RE: senior vs JR VS jessie james, build off

it is a kit plane

HarryJ 12-06-2011 08:55 PM

It''s a kit. They hauled it in on a rollback wrecker.

Ram-bro 12-06-2011 10:35 PM

when I first saw it in the shop, thought it was a Byron P 51

CorsairJock 12-07-2011 05:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Google and Ye Shall Find:

"The bike Teutel designed with his team at Paul Jr. Designs is "our greatest achievement as a company," he said. Inspired by a World War II P-51 Mustang fighter plane, with a plated and riveted feel, there is "not one stitch of paint on our bike anywhere.""

Don't know about you, but I don't see much Mustang in it. Could have went with black, 4 spoke wheels to represent the prop, could have somehow incorporated invasion stripes, or at the very least: national insignias.

mighty9 12-07-2011 06:45 AM

There is an insignia on the other side .The exhaust exits thru the tank out the stacks.Its a work or art.Maybe not a p51 but i see airplane in it.

Nickrc3 12-07-2011 07:07 AM

It''s a kit. They hauled it in on a rollback wrecker.
+1 - Yup, picked up on that immediately. As a motorcycle enthusiast, that bike was a joke (as is all their crap). I mean, would anyone really ride it with hot exhaust cooking your thighs, CO 2 poisoning and no seat?

ram3500-RCU 12-07-2011 08:23 AM

I liked the idea for the theme. I too thought a black 4-blade with yellow tips would have looked better in the wheels, and it would seem just as easy to do. The exhaust is novel, but as noted, probably not practical. A seat resembling a parachute could have been done and been a little more comfortable. If they had had more time, I'm sure more of this stuff could and would have been incorporated, but with only 3 weeks, I think they did a good job, although I don't think it looks much like a P-51.

All three were impressive, but I agreed with most that Sr.'s entry could not be called a bike.

Jame's is probably the only one anyone would actually go anywhere on.