RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Top Gun (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/11065752-top-gun.html)

uncljoe 05-02-2012 12:33 PM

Top Gun

Any Top Gun Photo's ????

t_burley 05-02-2012 02:23 PM

RE: Top Gun

havent had a chance to take any pics Joe. just enjoying the fun in the sun
with helping wayne in brians pit

glazier808 05-02-2012 03:05 PM

You're not playing fair Todd!

lol

Casey

t_burley 05-02-2012 03:39 PM

hey now casey....I'm on vacation:)

glazier808 05-02-2012 04:20 PM

Well then...

Run amuck for those of us who are, shall I say...

Less fortunate ;)

Casey

ticketec 05-02-2012 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here you go mate...

Thanks

dave

irocbsa 05-02-2012 06:04 PM

Hahahahaha! :D

glazier808 05-02-2012 06:05 PM

LOL....now thats just wrong!

AnthonyW 05-03-2012 04:40 AM

I wonder if Frankie puts some sort of black out on Top Gun. You never see any photos of the event until it is either over or nearly over. I posted the same question over in the Scale Forum.

ticketec 05-03-2012 06:12 AM

ORIGINAL: glazier808

LOL....now thats just wrong!
:D:D:D

Sorry, just couldn't stop myself from doing it...

t_burley 05-03-2012 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: AnthonyW

I wonder if Frankie puts some sort of black out on Top Gun. You never see any photos of the event until it is either over or nearly over. I posted the same question over in the Scale Forum.
no most people here taking pictures seem to not have time until after the event
to post pics I guess. I havent had time to do either

wulf190 05-03-2012 02:47 PM

pretty please Todd?? :D I yearn for Florida at present.

uncljoe 05-03-2012 03:32 PM

there are a few photos on rcu's jet page
semper fi

mR JoLLy 05-03-2012 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a few from today. Been busy talking most of the time so not had much time with the camera.

More later . . .

jasonp51d 05-04-2012 12:33 AM

Nice photos Nigel.

Doesn't Graham look great in shorts.

Any news on the static scores for Graham's birds??

Cheers

J

flyingchef 05-04-2012 04:58 PM

What would be a good guess on the average weight of the planes at Top Gun this year?

ram3500-RCU 05-04-2012 09:31 PM

Pictures? How about a video. This is the Corsair of Team Vought, being flown By Dino DiGorgio on a test flight this after noon. Near the end of the flight, the Moki threw a push rod and it went forward into the prop, taking the back half of one blade off!!! As you can see, Dino landed the plane and we were able to make repairs. The rocker adjusting screw and lock nut were found still laying in the bottom of the cowl when we took it off!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diExR...ature=youtu.be

ram3500-RCU 05-04-2012 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the damaged prop.

ram3500-RCU 05-04-2012 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a wonderful picture taken by David Hart of Big Hog sitting on the runway after we had run the repaired engine.

captainron 05-05-2012 06:47 AM

Dino,
YOU DA MAN......

wxman2 05-05-2012 06:49 AM

ORIGINAL: mR JoLLy

Here are a few from today. Been busy talking most of the time so not had much time with the camera.

More later . . .

Tell Graham that I am expecting him to hold my CARF P47 that his is building at next years Top Gun like he is doing for Barry this year.... :)

pitsspecial 05-06-2012 03:16 AM

ORIGINAL: mR JoLLy

More later . . .

Nice one Nigel,!! wish i could of got out with you guys, hope you have both have a good time, you will have to make this a yearly vistit :D:D

All the best,
Dave.

panhandler 05-06-2012 09:41 AM

I found a few vids this morn on youtube. I am not sure if the auther is a member here on RCU but i thought i would share his work , i hope he doesn't mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCbtumPNnPQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCq1-...el&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43XxN...eature=related

Dan

mistermnkim 05-08-2012 03:24 PM

That is one awesome pic Gary!!

Jetjockgb 05-09-2012 09:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,
Well I would just Like to thank Barry and his guys for a great time at Top Gun,myself and Nigel received great Texan hospitality and we will remember it for a long time to come.

Trust me to end up half way through the trip catching a fricen cold,so the 90 -100 heat did not go to well the snotty cold

Here are a few more shots of us and the planes.
Already making plans for 2013, and Yes John, more than happy to help out with the new Bolt

Cheers GB

Jetjockgb 05-09-2012 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A FEW MORE

u2fast 05-09-2012 09:51 AM

Graham, Nigel, it was great to finally meet you two. Thx for all of your help. Especially the weathering on the hawk and sharing your techniques. Can't wait till next time. I hope you enjoyed seeing your creations fly. Barry

Scott Prossen 05-10-2012 07:07 AM

Hey Graham,

It was great to see you again! I only wish I'd of had more time to hang with all you guys. I'm hopeful that next year will bring you back and I will get to spend the whole week out there. Say hello to Nigel. Hope you enjoyed your time!

Scott

Jetjockgb 05-11-2012 02:49 PM

Hi Barry,
Yep it was a great trip, you made us feel very welcome, and you have me hooked!!!!got to come back next year or sooner!! and any time you and the guys want to come over to the UK,you know you will be more than welcome.

I'm sitting here planing on what I can build for next year, I feel the need for something big in Chrome

Best regards GB

Jetjockgb 05-11-2012 02:55 PM

Hi Scott,
Yep it sure was great to see you and Gregg again,even if it was for a short time, and yes I want to see Mary fired up for next year!!!

I had a chat with Mick B today,he wants to make the trip out for next year, got a nice Fury on the Go,I'm sure you could convince him.

Best Regards Brother G

wxman2 05-11-2012 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Jetjockgb

Hi Barry,
Yep it was a great trip, you made us feel very welcome, and you have me hooked!!!!got to come back next year or sooner!! and any time you and the guys want to come over to the UK,you know you will be more than welcome.

I'm sitting here planing on what I can build for next year, I feel the need for something big in Chrome

Best regards GB
I am hoping it is big and chrome with a tornado on the side!

u2fast 05-11-2012 06:31 PM

Graham, I am coming with a banshee next year. Barry

t_burley 05-11-2012 06:44 PM

a banshee? your entering your dog next year Barry?:)

I figured your more of a Chupachabra guy.

good to see you man, the planes where large and in charge this year

Jeff Foley 05-11-2012 06:52 PM

Todd...good to meet you and Evan at Top Gun. Hope it was worth the trip for you.

Jeff Foley 05-11-2012 06:55 PM

Barry....I am building a Banshee too! Or, I guess I should say I am just getting started on a Banshee. Which Mark are you doing? I am planning on a -2. It will be about 10' span, but I haven't decided on the scale yet. It's a cool airplane...don't know why no one has done it.

t_burley 05-11-2012 07:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeff Foley

Todd...good to meet you and Evan at Top Gun. Hope it was worth the trip for you.

thank you Jeff, good to meet you as well. Congrats on 3rd place and high static
in Masters.

Nice seeing the 109. Hope to see you build it up larger in the future, but for its
size, it sure flew well, and looked well in the air.

look forward to getting back again next year.

u2fast 05-12-2012 03:57 AM

Jeff, I'm doing a dash 2. Around 1/3 scale. Plugs are almost done. Barry

Jeff Foley 05-13-2012 07:05 AM

Wow....the full scale without tip tanks is right at 42 ft. span. At 1/3 scale, you must be in the neighborhood of 14' span? I like big models, but that one might be a little big even for me! I am working on a 16' UAV project now for the Navy, and I can hardly turn it around in my shop.

If you are interested in comparing notes on anything, just contact me. I am working on the aero details now...choosing airfoils, etc. My aero guy is going to run it through DATCOM for me ( a stability program in case you are not familiar with it) which really helps with CG location, incidence arrangement, wing twist and so on.

What did you use for drawings? Are there any good ones out there? Have you seen this? http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/preview.aspx?modelcode=8125

Jeff

Jeff Foley 05-13-2012 07:11 AM

ORIGINAL: t_burley

ORIGINAL: Jeff Foley

thank you Jeff, good to meet you as well. Congrats on 3rd place and high static
in Masters.

Nice seeing the 109. Hope to see you build it up larger in the future, but for its
size, it sure flew well, and looked well in the air.

look forward to getting back again next year.
Thanks Todd....I am definately doing a bigger one. Mine looked like a .40 size models out there with all the big T-bolts and Corsairs! I just need a little break from 109's though. Come back next year and fly with us!

JeffH 05-14-2012 06:26 AM

[/quote]

Thanks Todd....I am definately doing a bigger one. Mine looked like a .40 size models out there with all the big T-bolts and Corsairs! I just need a little break from 109's though. Come back next year and fly with us!

[/quote]

Yeah Jeff, yours is just too small. After seeing at the airport this past weekend, you should just give it to me and build yourself a bigger one. ;)

Jeff H.