RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Have you seen the latest price on the TF Corsair? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/11323614-have-you-seen-latest-price-tf-corsair.html)

lightning 759 12-26-2012 10:08 PM

RE: Have you seen the latest price on the TF Corsair?

hi
you guy,s sure are lucky first the corsair now i see the stang is on the same offer
wish we had tower hobbies in the uk , great offers & a 3 easy payment offer all we get is ripped off
the jug is £300 plus or $450 plus in your money
enjoy your models lads

andy

raptureboy 12-27-2012 10:09 AM

Don't worry Andy, our government will screw us over soon enough.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../msn/angry.giffiscal cliff, gun control, higher taxes, obamacare, and restrictions on model flyinghttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ngry_smile.gif tower ships overseas but I bet the shipping and vat kill ya. Happy New Year!

5skyhawk172 12-27-2012 06:52 PM

Just ordered another one !

tardster 12-29-2012 03:11 PM

So what do you all think about using a Magnum XLS-91A in this bird? I was able to pick one up pretty cheap and so far it looks to be the same size as the Super Tigre 61 I was planning on using.

Shaun Evans 12-29-2012 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: raptureboy

Don't worry Andy, our government will screw us over soon enough.[img][/img] fiscal cliff, gun control, higher taxes, obamacare, and restrictions on model flying[img][/img] tower ships overseas but I bet the shipping and vat kill ya. Happy New Year!

That darn democracy......:eek: ;)

Bob Paris 12-30-2012 02:58 PM

Hay Tardster,
A Super Tiger G90 would be better. I have one installed in my 65" P-51B and it hauls that beast around with authority.
Happy New Year,
bobby of Maui

tardster 12-30-2012 04:10 PM

Bob, the Magnum 91 I picked up was only 60 bucks here off RCU and it even came with a pitts style muffler.

Tony Iannucelli 12-30-2012 04:23 PM

It's a deal and a half. Try it, if you don't like it replace it with an OS 91FX, perfect clone match.

tardster 12-30-2012 06:14 PM

I know right, as long as it runs as the guy says it does I'll be super happy lol.

Cobra1 12-31-2012 04:45 PM

You guy just cost me $200. I would have never looked at the Tower site if it wasn't for this thread. I hope your happy!

Tony Iannucelli 12-31-2012 05:08 PM

I'll see your $200 and RAISE you $200..... (if my wife sees this, I'm a dead man).

Check6 12-31-2012 06:05 PM

Hey Tony,
How are things going? Say hi to Nancy for me. Have a blessed and prosperous New Year. Enjoy the Corsair one of my favorite fighters.
Thanks,
Fred

5skyhawk172 12-31-2012 06:28 PM

Happy  new year to me, just ordered the P51! for 200.00 .going to have my own air force!

tardster 12-31-2012 06:33 PM

Your very welcome, it's ok to give into peer pressure, that's what I did or at least that's what I told my wife lol...

Woody218 12-31-2012 09:04 PM

Thanks to you guys here, I have two Corsairs, a P-51, and a P-40 to assemble...

I hope you're all happy now! :D

tardster 01-01-2013 05:57 AM

Woody, no problem just send a couple of them my way and I'll "help you" lol. I'm old so I don't rush but I'm sure you will get them back before the next flying season :D

irocbsa 01-02-2013 01:26 PM

Looks like we all made a good decision. The planes are back up to $365. [X(]

Cobra1 01-05-2013 09:08 AM

Mine arrived yesterday. What a nice aircraft for $200. The covering looks good and all parts are in the box with no shipping damage. Next on the list is retracts, already have an engine. Always wanted a Corsair so happy New Year to me.

mike early 01-05-2013 04:40 PM

Dang! I found this thread just a few days too late....

tardster 04-02-2013 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok guys, I have to let ya'll know I crashed my Corsair today. The last couple of days I'd been ironing out all issues that I could think of. Making sure all the connections are tight, motor is running good and all of that. I started her up, taxied her up and down the runway a couple times and everything seemed good to go. As I give her some throttle she starts pulling left abit but thats ok we have a nice field with plenty of room. The tail comes up of the ground and she starts to lift off and then it happens, the dreaded tip stall. I gave throttled her up full blast and tried to save her but it was to late. About 4 feet in the air she flipped over, the left wing hit first and the the nose and she did some pretty cool cartwheels but when she was done she was done lol. I think I can rebuild the wing since that is all that seems to be destroyed but I'll have to give her a good looking over to make sure and without further ado here's the results lol.

aghost 04-02-2013 12:34 PM

<span style="font-family: Arial;">Sorry to see that. really did tear up the wing. Was this the maiden flight? based on your posts I would guess that it was.
</span>
Brian

Edit: I saw your other post indicating this was the maiden flight.<br type="_moz" />

tardster 04-02-2013 01:28 PM

The best part of this was another member of our club came by and was asking me how it flew. I told him this was going to be it's first flight. Rodger said good luck, so me being the smart a@% I am I said something about crashing it and what do you know, I crashed it lol. I'll have to learn more about the tip stalling, I believe I read something somewhere on these corsairs they are prone to that. So if I can find that again I'll see if there is anything I can do to not crash it next time.

ROGER RUSSELL 04-02-2013 01:32 PM

Sorry to see that Ed.

All the War Birds I have flown have that Tip Stall.

From what I have read, you should have had full throttle applied, especially on maiden, IMO.

Get it rebuilt!

Roger

tardster 04-02-2013 01:50 PM

I told you I was going to crash it lol... Yea I'll get her rebuilt and flying again soon, hopefully for a longer flight too.

Live Wire 04-02-2013 02:00 PM

Full throttle does not always work[:@] Flying speed must be reached before lift off or you will have your hands full of pieces :eek: Full throttle will cause torch roll.

Too bad to see this on maiden, been there done that[:'(]