RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Large scale Luftwaffe/Axis forum.. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/11400684-large-scale-luftwaffe-axis-forum.html)

OVSS Boss 04-20-2013 05:22 AM

RE: Large scale Luftwaffe/Axis forum..

David, you friend did a very good job on making an ARF, his ARF. Looks really nice!

Marc

Ramstein44 04-20-2013 09:07 AM

ORIGINAL: invertmast

1/5.3 Horten 229

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psa7b726de.jpg
Invert, that Horton just leaves you speechless my friend...Absolutely beautiful job!

Ramstein44 04-20-2013 09:10 AM

ORIGINAL: OVSS Boss

Here are a couple of update pics of the D-9...

Marc
Awesome.. The weather continues to be pissy here so painting my two FW190's stays delayed. [&o]

hrrcflyer 04-20-2013 10:27 AM

ORIGINAL: OVSS Boss

David, you friend did a very good job on making an ARF, his ARF. Looks really nice!

Marc
Thanks Marc.................................:D:D

David

kahloq 04-20-2013 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ESM DO-335

invertmast 04-20-2013 05:39 PM

Thanks Ram, the second version is even better. Now i just need to finish the nav light wiring and get the doors to close nice and tight reliably and she'll be good :)

JGrc 04-20-2013 07:42 PM

Subscribed :D

JG

butlern 04-21-2013 04:14 AM

ORIGINAL: hrrcflyer

Hey Noah,

You're a funny Guy......:D So when are you going to join the Dark Side? Here's another picture of my friends' T/F FW190. It was stripped, glassed and painted.

Take care,
David

Hey David.

I used to fly a Meister 109, but it was never very fun (big floater, and I didn't do much if any detailing to scale it out), so I sold it. On top of that, last year before I moved away I saw my old friend in Iowa (Mike, aka Zipnz) complete and fly his 1/3 scale 109, I thought what's the point... nothing beats that. So, I never really considered building another Luftwaffe model.

But now that Mike has now made a plug and mold... I might have to grovel and whine until he sells me one of his 1/3 fuselages!

Mike are you out there and listening???

I also like the Horton that Invertmast has designed and constructed. That, too, is really special. Good job Invert! I also really like OVSS Boss' D9.

Who knows, I may eventually be compelled to return to the dark side...

Anyway, beautiful planes here, guys. Keep the pictures and reports coming.

Noah

invertmast 04-21-2013 04:52 AM

< has HO229 short kits available :)

hrrcflyer 04-21-2013 05:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah Noah,

I really like Marc's D9 too and that Horton is nothing short of incredible. I just wish I had the building skills like you and the rest of the guys in this thread.

I always thought the A8 was my favorite Butcher Bird until I got a good look at a full scale Dora. Even though the D9 in the picture is partly reproduced, it is an INCREDIBLE aircraft. Also, it is not flight worthy at this time, but it will eventually be sent back to the "Father Land" for a complete restoration and to make it flight ready again. There is also an original Jumo that has been overhauled waiting for this Dora too. I cannot wait to see this plane flying again.

Take care,

David

OVSS Boss 04-21-2013 05:54 PM

David, where is that D9 located at? Would ove ot see it up close. Thanks for the thumbs up!

Marc

hrrcflyer 04-22-2013 06:01 AM

Good morning Marc,

I don't want to send this thread too far off topic. So if you PM me your email address, I'll be more than happy to tell you everything I know about it.

Take care,
David

wingspar 04-22-2013 06:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my 113" Vailly FW-190A-8
Currently building a new wing do to my failure to retract the gear when making a forced hot landing.
The new wing should be several pounds lighter also.

Next flight should be sometime in August.

Dave

F4u5 04-22-2013 06:57 AM

ORIGINAL: wingspar

Here is my 113'' Vailly FW-190A-8
Currently building a new wing do to my failure to retract the gear when making a forced hot landing.

Dave

Is there something going on hee Dave........my 110 inch Vailly required a second wing to be built as well.:D

JQ

tfarmer96 04-22-2013 07:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
FW190a

Ramstein44 04-22-2013 08:35 AM

ORIGINAL: wingspar

Here is my 113'' Vailly FW-190A-8

Dave

That prop looks amazing on the nose of you Vailly. I wonder why someone hasn't made one for smaller FW190's " affordable".

kwik 04-22-2013 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Vailly Aviation Fw-190 A4 over Lake Fiskum Eastern Holiday;

The pilot is clearly concentrating on some target. Is it a P-47 ?

Ramstein44 04-22-2013 08:37 AM

Kwik...Aren't you building a BF109??

kwik 04-22-2013 08:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Ram !

Yes I am, here are some pictures, its the Meister Platinum 109;

Note to viewers; Regarding the picture of both a 109 AND a Corsair in the living room; Yes, The Wife was away that day. :D

The gear you see there is from Sierra.

Ramstein44 04-22-2013 09:02 AM

Wow... That's some amazing detail there!

zipnz1 04-22-2013 09:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Noah,
I've been slowly working on the big 109 but have not posted any progress. I have removed the top skins on the original wings, removed the retract mounting structure and modified it for a wing joiner tube. After i get the new 109 flying my plan is to cut a foam core wing to try to get some more weight out and make building faster.

Here is a pic of the new fuse mounted retract i am working on. It is not finished but the actuation is working good. In the pic you can see my old school chicken scratchings on paper that i used to get my geometry and dimensions calculated.

I was at chino a few weeks ago and got a real close look of their lake find 109e from russia. Ive only seen pics of this plane and i could not believe how small this plane really is and it was nice to take close up shots of areas in interest.

You know Noah, more than likely you will end up with a big 109 like mine but you probably should finish up that ZP-51 first.

mike

Me410 04-22-2013 12:29 PM

Kwik

What happened to the Platt Fw190 "electric " that you started?

Saw it on scale Builder RC

kwik 04-22-2013 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Me410
Kwik
What happened to the Platt Fw190 ''electric '' that you started?
Saw it on scale Builder RC
Oh no !!!! Don't say that in public! Electric? I will be expelled from Flugabteilung Norwegen forever ! :D:D:D

Well, seriously, I am guilty of one project that was meant to be electric, but that was a Me 262. I never had a Platt 190, although they are very nice kits.

It halted in its tracks when both extremely expensive controllers just...burned up. [:'(]

But I still have it, waiting for the "perfect engine solution". It is a Bauer Modelle scale 1/6. ( A german kit, no longer existing)

kahloq 04-22-2013 02:19 PM

With 11 blade rotors, I bet it was pushing some amps!!!! I have an airworld me-262 still unfinished. Ive got 90mm wemo's with arc 36-75-1's on 8s. These will require at least 120 amp esc's

kwik 04-22-2013 02:27 PM

Kahloq, you seem to have a lot of experience regarding electric motors.

But, I think such things costs too much still. Controllers, motor, fan, batteries. It will have to wait....

The escs burned up immediately when I connected them. But thats a long time ago, don't want to think about that anymore.

Trying to surpress the memory of it.:) hehe. Not everything one tries to accomplish is a success.

Here is another guy with the same kit; The nacelles seems better scale than Airworld.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1260088