RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   HobbyKing 50cc Warbirds (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/11404435-hobbyking-50cc-warbirds.html)

Plano78 02-10-2013 06:37 AM

HobbyKing 50cc Warbirds

HK carries 3 50cc ARF warbirds right now (Spitfire, AT-6 and T-28). All are 80"+ for wing span and have available air retracts (they look like Robart and Spring Air knock offs). They all look great on line and I've got the AT-6 and retracts and so far she "looks" great. Perfect home for my DLE-55.

Does anyone else have ANY experience with these birds, I would love to know?

kahloq 02-10-2013 07:33 AM

RE: HobbyKing 50cc Warbirds

I have the retracts for the 50cc HK spitfire. They are actually very well made with correct angles...quite robust. Im not sure about the at-6 or the t-28, but the spitfire is made by Vantex. Vantex also makes a 50cc fw-190d9. Its the same plane KMP tried to pass of as a new super scale plane they themselves designed and brought to market. Most ppl knew better from the start.

Anyway....a friend of mine bought the spitfire and Ive seen it up close in person. Very well made.....excellent glass work and a lot of stuff is already done right out of the box. The hinges are all "robart" round style heavy duty, all hinge points are predrilled including the rudder/vertical stab. Blind nuts are preinstalled for the plug in wings and the retracts rails are very thick.

hellcat56 02-10-2013 08:13 AM

a photo or Link
is worth a thousand words

vertical grimmace 02-10-2013 09:07 AM

Trainers? No guns, no warbird!

kahloq 02-10-2013 09:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: hellcat56

a photo or Link
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

jeffk464 02-10-2013 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: kahloq

a photo or Link
Looks nice, not particularly a great price though. Seems inline with top flite prices.

kahloq 02-10-2013 12:33 PM

Not even remotely close....topflites giant scale arfs run $700+, that hobbyking spitfire is $460. Pretty big difference.

vertical grimmace 02-10-2013 01:02 PM

How much was the shipping?

Ram-bro 02-10-2013 01:03 PM

I agree on theprice observation. With the saings you can getthe retracts and spinner

scale only 4 me 02-10-2013 01:43 PM

That depends on which,, the Mustang is around $500,, of course the newer Corsair and FW are still pricey,, those will drop soon I bet

It was $120 to ship the at-6 to me when i looked

kahloq 02-10-2013 02:52 PM

Fred paid $!25 for shipping. Total price....with my hobbyking discount pricing was $560. Retracts for the spitfire cost 165 including shipping.....no way any topflite plane can match that. Robart are at least twice that.....and the gear includes all the fill valves, air valves, etc.

91zulu 02-10-2013 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: jeffk464

ORIGINAL: kahloq

a photo or Link
Looks nice, not particularly a great price though. Seems inline with top flite prices.

Ahhh ..you are talking about a TF 60 size plane right? you really don`t mean the giant size TF planes. If you mean the giant size , please post the link so we could see the TF giant ARF warbird for under $500.

kahloq 02-10-2013 03:14 PM

Tf p-51....$519 ...retracts $299.97....shipping.....$95......total $1015

Hk spitfire....$441....retracts $165.....shipping $125.....total....$731

No contest....and if u want the Tf corsair, fw190, or new spitfire....add another $300 to that $1015 for $1300 compared to 730 for the hk spitfire. And btw....having seen the hk version....its a hell of a lot better looking then the Tf and ESM offerings

mikes68charger 02-10-2013 04:15 PM

Where's this 80in T-28 I'm trying to find it.

Asanders 02-10-2013 04:45 PM

T-28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BylUYlNhxVE

retracts http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19784

havent found it yet on their website still looking!

kahloq 02-10-2013 04:57 PM

at-6

Europe warehouse t-28

NL warehouse for t-28

warbirdfan2 02-10-2013 05:40 PM

I have been waiting for the T-28 forever and a day! Hope they soon get it in the USA warehouse!

rcsportflyer26 02-11-2013 11:10 AM

Don't forget you get what you pay for. I honestly doubt the HK can come close to TF in quality. Apples to oranges for sure.

vertical grimmace 02-11-2013 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: rcsportflyer26

Don't forget you get what you pay for. I honestly doubt the HK can come close to TF in quality. Apples to oranges for sure.
Well, they are all made in China. The thing is, this Spitfire is painted fiberglass. It is apples to oranges. The Topflite stuff is covered in plastic film. Covering more suited for IMACC.

kochj 02-11-2013 11:39 AM

It looks nice from the pictures. I like the hardware (Top flutes are archaic). I would like to know how the hardware in the arc is made out of? Is it TI. Or other? Is the metal soft like most China metal is, or of decent quality?

The other thing to consider is the wings, and did they get the balsa grains in the right direction? Did the reinforce areas that other manufactures have had to go and make stronger, get addressed on this model as well?
Mainly the lander gear attachment mounts?
I am a bit disappointed that some known manufacturers had Never gone back to a current model and made changes that customers had legitimate complaints about!... Not all had issues, but this largely depended on the landing terrain.

I say Bravo HK, as the planes are not copies!. I NEED after purchase support.. If HK could do that, then they could others a run for there money... But when this happens, so does the price increase. As more employees are needed to give this, and so is there a need warehouse space.

kahloq 02-11-2013 01:08 PM

As I have stated already in this thread....I have seen the HK spitfire in person. A club friend bought one and the quality is extremely nice. Its well built, logically designed and strong. There is plenty of room internally to put all of your gear and not have one single item ticking outside the plane...ie switch, fuel dots, whatever.

After seeing the plane, there is no way Id ever buy the TF spitfire nor would I buy the ESM spitfire.....and I have a ton of ESM planes and love them. This HK spitfire is far and away the best arf of a 50cc spitfire on the market or one coming(ie the TF).

If you dont like it, then dont buy it.

kahloq 02-11-2013 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kockj...the retract rail mounts looked pretty strong to me. Suppose it wouldnt hurt to add more beefyiness in there if one wanted or extra glue(always a good idea)....but the thickness of the rails were good....and attached to some decent ribs.

These pics were posted on the rcgroups thread on this plane...some taken by me, some by the author. Hope they help

91zulu 02-11-2013 04:07 PM

LOL... you still believe in that nonsense. Are you saying there is no way something could be reasonable priced and be of good quality? Is it everything of so call good quality has to be out outrageously priced? Be careful how you answer now because I have lots of proof of cheap stuff that are of high quality and overly prices that is garbage.

LDM 02-11-2013 05:12 PM

zulu , great point , my list supporting your comments is too long to list .Half the added cost of the so called brands is in the cost so the US distributor can offer a warranty in addition to the middle man markup . Like it or not our hobby is 95% manufactured overseas , and typicaly withen the same few city blocks by the same suppliers making differant brands .
All you need is the cash for the MOQ (minium order quanity) .
Anyway enought on the lession from China , the HK planes are excellant quality , the glass is not the cheaper version seen on the early CMP planes , its the better thicker skin typicaly of the higher end birds . I was able to see one at the show in Germany, really impressed with the quality .

rcsportflyer26 02-11-2013 06:06 PM

Hey guess what, go **** yourself. Obviously it is my choice whether or not to buy buy it you jackass. With that being said, if you don't like my comments then don't read them.

LDM 02-11-2013 06:28 PM

so , back on subject , Kahlog , I think you found the original factory and some other links with these planes correct ?
I know they have some history under another brand name ?

warbirdfan2 02-11-2013 07:04 PM

Well... here we go again. My opinion is Kaylog- LDM- Zulu91 and others are a great help and insperation to modeling prodjects that I have or am cosidering. I see that you joined and posted about the same amount of times as myself. You might want to re think about what you just said.Is't very inconducive to asking for help in the future. ME, I need all the help I can get.

LDM 02-11-2013 07:13 PM

hey warbird fan , I just noticed your in pa , please reach out to me at any time if I can be of help or just to talk shop .
Most of my WW2 planes are now eletric , thanks to Kahlogs advice I have converted and still in the process of moving many of my planes to e-power .
Its allowing me to fly more , I know as they get bigger I may have to go to gas but epower is so easy lol !!!
By the way Scoot (one of the Hobby King ) managers is building the Spity on line , its the "other rc thread" and in respect for RCU I dont want to post the name , you get the point :)

warbirdfan2 02-11-2013 07:28 PM

Yes, I know abuot the Spit that Scott is doing. I was trying to find the thread a while ago but couldn't. I would like to follow that as I am concidering getting one of these.

91zulu 02-11-2013 07:46 PM

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1792324

LDM 02-11-2013 07:51 PM

ya that makes it easy lol :D

warbirdfan2 02-12-2013 01:23 AM

Thanks... I was looking on the wrong site.

BJ64 02-12-2013 04:16 AM

Hey guess what, go **** yourself. Obviously it is my choice whether or not to buy buy it you jackass. With that being said, if you don't like my comments then don't read them.
A tad touchy, much?? :)

BJ:)

irocbsa 02-12-2013 05:34 AM

Ahahahahaha! Wow! I smell a good banning in the air.

PONYBOY082662 02-12-2013 05:44 AM

Your addition is wrong for the first plane you listed....its $ 913....not 1015

PONYBOY082662 02-12-2013 05:47 AM

Your addition is wrong for the first plane you listed....its $ 913....not 1015

kochj 02-12-2013 06:39 AM

Top Flite has a Giant spitfire comming?
Do tell.

w9jcm 02-12-2013 08:12 AM

Buy from Nitro, Hobby King etc etc.. you are not supporting the United States. I will not buy from these guys. I know the quality is SUB PAR at best.. You get what you pay for.

coachdavis10 02-12-2013 08:23 AM

Only problem I saw is that it said they couldn't ship to me in the U.S. or was that me just being stoopid... cause obviously they can.....

vertical grimmace 02-12-2013 08:31 AM

ORIGINAL: w9jcm

Buy from Nitro, Hobby King etc etc.. you are not supporting the United States. I will not buy from these guys. I know the quality is SUB PAR at best.. You get what you pay for.
Except they are all made in China. Only way to adhere to this would be to buy the Kit. But that would be too much trouble I suppose.