RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Robart - 630RS 90 degree Pneumatic Main Retracts - HELP Question: (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/11650096-robart-630rs-90-degree-pneumatic-main-retracts-help-question.html)

Electriceddie 06-13-2018 02:38 PM

Robart - 630RS 90 degree Pneumatic Main Retracts - HELP Question:

Hi Guys,

I have the 630RS 90 degree Pneumatic Main Retracts .

I have the ESM Model Bald Eagle (approx.- 15 -18 pounds) 72" span. Is there a rule of thumb for the size of the air tank that can or should be used? Robart makes 3 different size air tanks. Extra small, Small and Large. Does anyone know of the size tank to be used with a plane of the approx. listed size and retracts above and how many cycles that the tank will deliver. A cycle would be dropping the gear and then raising the gear = One Full Cycle.

Thanks Ed

CK1 06-13-2018 11:56 PM

My suggestion is to go with other largest tank you can fit in the airframe or gang several (2 to 4 ) small ones together . A single small tank will rarely get you enough air to operate more than one cycle on the medium and large retracts

Electriceddie 06-14-2018 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by CK1 (Post 12440037)
My suggestion is to go with other largest tank you can fit in the airframe or gang several (2 to 4 ) small ones together . A single small tank will rarely get you enough air to operate more than one cycle on the medium and large retracts

Hi CK1

I have a Large Tank now but its to Big & Cumbersome too get into the plane. I have the Extra Small tank, but its too small of air capacity for these size retracts. I was thinking of just getting the Small tank which is the middle size of the 3 tanks they make. I never heard of using multiple tanks. Would you set them up in Series or in Parallel and I guess using T fittings.

Thanks
Ed

CK1 06-14-2018 02:22 PM

Yes , you would use t's to connect all the tanks together in series since there is only one direction of flow from the tanks once pressurized . Locate the tanks wherever convenient and run a line between them .

scale only 4 me 06-16-2018 09:52 AM

Two medium tanks is what the midwest AT-6 used in it's design,, it worked very well and easier to fit than the large tank would have been,,,

Electriceddie 06-18-2018 04:21 PM

Not Trying to Beat A Dead Horse:

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me (Post 12440560)
Two medium tanks is what the midwest AT-6 used in it's design,, it worked very well and easier to fit than the large tank would have been,,,

Question:

Could you use , lets say two different size tanks without any issues? Ex. A small tank and an Extra Small tank and get the same pressure to the retracts needed?

Thanks
Ed

CK1 06-18-2018 04:38 PM

There is no problem with using different size tanks to get the air volume you need .

Electriceddie 06-18-2018 05:01 PM

Finally A Good Fit:

Originally Posted by CK1 (Post 12441097)
There is no problem with using different size tanks to get the air volume you need .

Cooollll….. Thanks CK1... Thwill make the install a Whole Lot Easier.... I was using the Robart Large Air Yank and it was becoming a real ***** trying to get it into the Fuse ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Again...
Eddie