RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Warbirds only at Muncie AMA (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/1285214-warbirds-only-muncie-ama.html)

scottrc 11-18-2003 12:51 PM

RE: Warbirds only at Muncie AMA

I Agree[>:]

Thanks for wasting the time for us who build .60 TF, Royal, and PICA and leaving us out of the "Club".

JL1 11-18-2003 12:51 PM

If it is open to warbirds of all sizes, I will attend. If it is limited to "Giant scale, I will not.

warbirdav8r 11-18-2003 12:52 PM

I'll have to agree with fly-boy (paul) . For every guy that wants a giant only theres a guy who doesn't. It's not discrimination, just a preference for this event as it stands now. At least you know going in what it is.Warbirds over Deleware,Dayton, Bomber field are all giantscale events.This is not any different. Sorry

maddog-RCU 11-18-2003 01:16 PM

warbirdav8r, you make the exact point why I would like to see this event open to all size warbirds, because those events ARE restricted to giantscale only. Personally I don't even own a smaller scale warbird, mine are all legal IMAA giant scale; but if this event is to run more than one day I don't see why the smaller stuff cannot be there. If nothing else open it up too all the sizes for the first time, if it doesn't work out then change it with a dedicated time slot for the smaller guys to fly. Come on it sure beats having to dodge the 3D antics at Dayton.

warbirdav8r 11-18-2003 01:46 PM

You know it won't work out flying at the same time. If things are to change for the smaller it's not up to me. I'm just working the thread. I know this topic wasn't started to be a giant versus 40 size issue, but that's where it has gone. We just wanted to let the guys know about a good event. That is all. The cd or event director can tackle that with the host club. But i wouldn't bet on us changing it.

dionysusbacchus 11-18-2003 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't see the difference between a 60" biplane and a 65" Mustang! I've flown my TF Mustang in loose formation with a Yellow Zero and they looked the same size in the air. This is just another split in the hobby by some that think they are superior to others, it's not about wing spans at all, just another high school girl click. This can and will all be denied, but it's the truth. My Corsair .60 is far more scale accurate than any of the giant fun scale Corsairs that will likely show up. This is unusual for me in that I don't always agree with CorsairJock! Anyway do what you all want, I couldn't care less about who is flying what size warbird, if it was my event I would say bring them all and lets have some fun!

Luke

kram51 11-18-2003 02:32 PM

"We wish we could please everybody but its not possible. If we made it open to all size warbirds, than some Giant scale guys may not like flying with the smaller planes. Its a tough decision on which way to go"

this is not much for a reason to deny the smaller planes. I mean, c'mon! "some giant scale guys may not like flying with the smaller planes." What kind of junk is that? I was getting all excited myself for this. There are no other reasons that I can think of that I would travel from NYC to Muncie. I do have a larger bird or two that I could bring but with so many obviously talented builders out there that enjoy the smaller planes, why the separation? I refuse to believe that the above quote is the overriding reason behind this. And we thought the "jet set" were the elitists!!!

Disappointed. [&o]

Mark

Ram-bro 11-18-2003 02:44 PM

someone please explain to me why you can't ,shouldn't or don't want to have a mixing of the size of aircraft? I fly both sizes and don't see why this would be a problem. I thought the whole idea behind these event and especially at the AMA hq is to promote the hobby not make it exclusionary. What is the difference between a 65" mustang and a 65" biplane? Inquiring minds wanna know.

F4u5 11-18-2003 02:47 PM

At the request of the thread starter, I am shutting this down before we get into another off topic debate.