RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   40 Size Corsair Kits (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/1292537-40-size-corsair-kits.html)

F4U Killer 11-20-2003 12:17 PM

40 Size Corsair Kits

I have not done a thorough search. But does anyone else besides Great Planes make a 40 size Corsair Kit that is worth it's salt? I like the size of the 40 Kits.

F4U Killer

CorsairJock 11-20-2003 01:03 PM

RE: 40 Size Corsair Kits

1 Attachment(s)
Jemco/ Marks Models used to make a foam wing version many years ago. Very nice and scale. Later, same company (under the name of DynaFlite by then) pioneered 'FunScale warbirds with the P-51, then went on to produce the FIRST FunScale 40 size Corsair. Midwest also made one. Of the three, I would recommend the original Jemco foam wing version. Check the RCU classified: one guy has one for $100, which is a very reasonble price. If this will be your first warbird, one of the funscale versions might be better for you. Picture below is of my DynaFlite FunScle 40 Corsair, which is still flying after 7 years and 1000 flights. Power is Saito .50 (.56 was not avaible when I began construction). The secret to it's longivity (7 years is a LONG time for me anyways) is it's great flying characteristics. It weighs about 5 1/4 lbs, and the .50 is more than enogh power. Cowl is a Great Planes cowl, plans call for flat sided. Cowl is avaible from Tower for about $10.
PS, mine is the one in front.

kram51 11-20-2003 01:15 PM

www.kyosho.com/airplanes/kyoa1103.html

Kyosho currently makes a 40 size ARF, probably the best thing out there right now.

Mark

dhable 11-20-2003 04:22 PM

Dymond RC has a very nice .40 sized ARF F4U. It's covered in Korean War colors (dark blue overall).

Arf-er 11-24-2003 06:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yup, just got a new one from 'Phoenix Models' ... ARF made in Vietnam, full-balsa, covered in Oracover. Dunno if that's available in your part of the world though... definitely not expensive.
I re-finished the glossy dark-blue skin with paint, panel lines & weathering... well worth the effort! :-)
Flies with an OS FS71 four-stroke & 13x6 prop. Rather twitchy especially in cross winds, but I reckon that's the same with all Corsairs of this size...

Glorystomper 11-24-2003 10:35 AM

There's a very nice Jemco .40 sized F4U-1A kit being auctioned off on eBay at the moment.. it's in totally great shape :)

Check it out.. I would have gone for it, but it's too small for my tastes and it's got the foam core wings.

jt182 01-10-2010 08:41 PM

I am glad I did a search and found your build going on. How is this to build I haven't started mine yet I am converting it to electric hoping to lighten it up in the tail area. I like the idea of retracts, but the club I joined the field is a little ruff that's putting it mildly afraid I would wreck the retracts flying off this field.

clockshop 08-25-2014 10:29 AM

SELLING:
All selling takes place in the RCU Marketplace which provides for free listings to non-commercial members for BOTH classifieds OR auctions. We have tools and features in our marketplace that no discussion forum can compare to. These tools help you to trade safely and more efficiently. So please use only the Marketplace to do your buying, selling and trading.

No auction or for sale posts in the forums please. No asking for bids or words that would lead the buyer to assume you are having an auction or classified ad. No discussion forum threads or posts linking to any classified or auction ads unless the information answers a question being discussed or questions the value or condition of the product and it is not yours or an acquaintance's. If you have an item for sale or auction elsewhere and are bound by their contract to fulfill the terms, please do not post the same item for sale at RCU. Raffles are only allowed with written permission from RCU management.

Want ads are available in the Marketplace. However, you may post for help locating something in the forums. Any mention of "will trade" or a product you have to offer in exchange for the item wanted is not allowed. The want ad should only request what you are looking for and we expect users to respond with replies that they either have the item or where the member might find it or get it. The poster should expect to pay cash (not trade) for the item expected unless those who reply offer it to the member for free, which is also acceptable.
cut/paste from RCU rules for posts

Scar 08-25-2014 11:49 AM

Interesting. Original thread from 2003, last reply in 2010.

Are plane for sale ads acceptable now?