RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   H9-F6F Hellcat 60 ARF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/4339087-h9-f6f-hellcat-60-arf.html)

bignasdy 11-14-2012 05:27 PM

RE: H9-F6F Hellcat 60 ARF

sux :(

tkline 11-14-2012 07:23 PM

Man I'd fix that its not to bad

mrsand 11-23-2012 10:52 AM

Sorry for that loss RBEAN

Get another and enjoy

drube 11-23-2012 11:50 AM

Bummer, I see they are on back order too.

m3_express 11-24-2012 12:04 AM

Good luck finding one... Most places show "back order" because H9 has discontinued the 60 size Hellcat.

As soon as I saw H9 discontinued the Hellcat, I dashed over to my LHS and took the last one they had in stock... :-)

M3

skrez 12-04-2012 05:46 AM

Hey guys,
I have a H9 Hellcat that I will build this winter and was wondering if a nice Satio 82 would be enough power for this plane?
thanks,
Frank

w1nd6urfa 12-04-2012 06:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Frank
The 82 will fly it marginally - ie you will be 3/4 to full throttle - and only if its well broken in to spin a 14x6 @ 9,000 RPM or more. You will need nose weight or install batteries in the cowl area.

A Saito 100 is ideal, a 125 or DLE 20 is too much but can be tamed down with a 15x7 3-blade prop.

Nick

skrez 12-04-2012 10:50 AM

Thanks for the reply. I fly off grass so is there a need to improve the retracts? I would like to stay with mech. retracts.
thanks,
Frank

w1nd6urfa 12-04-2012 09:06 PM

The struts are flimsy and the mech retracts have a weak part that will break: the collar with the ball link that rotates the strut.

But you can try them and see what happens. I used Robart 615s and later Lados, both worked well.

skrez 12-08-2012 11:13 AM

Just received my H9 F6f, what a buitiful looking bird. I got the last one from Graveshobby before they were out of stock. I thnk I will go with the Saito 100, this bird deserves it!
Frank

bignasdy 12-08-2012 11:52 AM

still using stock retracts...have had to adjust a bunch of times, but they are still doin what I need them to do ........so ......for now.. :)

RBean 12-08-2012 02:50 PM

Can't replace the H9 Hellcat as they are OUT OF STOCK and discontinued. I still want a Hellcat and thinking of going bigger, maybe a EMS Hellcat 72" wingspan. At least they come with flaps. Anyone want a set of Century Jet Retracts with wheel well doors, (the whole system) slightly used but cheap, for a H9 Hellcat?

skrez 12-08-2012 03:11 PM

What`s cheap?:) I`m intrested, please let me know what you want for them. Send me a email at [email protected]
Frank

mrsand 12-08-2012 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: skrez

Just received my H9 F6f, what a buitiful looking bird. I got the last one from Graveshobby before they were out of stock. I thnk I will go with the Saito 100, this bird deserves it!
Frank

A great motor for the Hellcat...just be sure to keep after run oil in the case after de-fueling

A new plane can still be bought....one piece at a time...just very expensive...I just bought a spare cowl, canopy, and retracts

aghost 12-09-2012 06:59 AM

Funny, yesterday I also ordered a spare cowl and canopy for my 4 1/2 year old H9 Hellcat. Fuel tank stopper just started leaking in my plane so I included a new fuel tank on my order.<div>
</div><div>Brian</div>

har28 12-17-2012 02:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hallo, here are some pics of my warbird

aghost 12-17-2012 02:34 PM

Looks good. Enjoy it!<div>
</div><div>Brian</div>

har28 12-17-2012 02:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My next step is to put the h9 p51 struts with some modifications on my hellcat, <span lang="en" id="result_box"><span class="hps">I decided to do</span> <span class="hps">a patent</span> <span class="hps">to place them</span> <span class="hps">but</span> <span class="hps">to make them</span> <span class="hps">more</span> <span class="hps">robust</span><span>!</span> <span class="hps">Initially</span> <span class="hps">I cut the</span> <span class="hps">leg</span> <span class="hps">to the desired</span> <span class="hps">length</span> <span class="hps">and having</span> <span class="hps">bought</span> <span class="hps">screws</span> <span class="hps">6x10</span> <span class="hps">opened the</span> <span class="hps">taps</span> <span class="hps">with</span> <span class="hps">appropriate pass</span><span>.</span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box"><span class="hps">Now</span> <span class="hps">it remains to</span> <span class="hps">cut the</span> <span class="hps">screw</span> <span class="hps">in length</span> <span class="hps">and</span> <span class="hps">must</span> <span class="hps">go</span> <span class="hps">to</span> <span class="hps">a lathe</span> <span class="hps">to</span> <span class="hps">be</span> <span class="hps">eaten</span> <span class="hps">4mm</span> <span class="hps">to pass</span> <span class="hps">the mechanism</span><span>!</span> <span class="hps">I</span> think its <span class="hps">a</span> <span class="hps">simple patent</span> <span class="hps">and</span> <span class="hps">yet to</span> <span class="hps">see it</span> <span class="hps">in</span> <span class="hps">action</span><span>!</span></span>

har28 12-17-2012 02:43 PM

Thanks a lot my friend

har28 12-17-2012 03:02 PM

<span lang="en" id="result_box"><span class="hps">A question</span> <span class="hps">for anyone who</span> <span class="hps">knows and</span> <span class="hps">can help,</span> <span class="hps">what is the</span> <span class="hps">easiest</span> <span class="hps">way</span> <span class="hps">to paint</span> <span class="hps">panel lines</span> <span class="hps">and</span> <span class="hps">weathering</span> <span class="hps">on the</span> <span class="hps">model??? </span></span><span lang="en" id="result_box"><span class="hps">One solution</span> <span class="hps">I think is</span> <span class="hps">to</span> <span class="hps">Scale Warbird Template</span> <span class="hps">of</span> <span class="hps">top flite</span> <span class="hps">and</span> <span class="hps">marker</span> <span class="hps">panel line pen</span> <span class="hps">of</span> <span class="hps">top flite http://www.top-flite.com/accys/topr2187.html</span> <span class="hps">and</span> <span class="hps">http://www.monokote.com/</span> <span class="hps">accys/topq2510.html</span> <span class="hps">but then</span> <span class="hps">I have to put</span> <span class="hps">something</span> <span class="hps">on top to</span> <span class="hps">protect the panel lines?</span> <span class="hps">Another way is</span> <span class="hps">with an airbrush</span> <span class="hps">but I have</span> <span class="hps">never worked</span> <span class="hps">and i have</span> <span class="hps">a little</span> <span class="hps">fear</span><span>!</span> <span class="hps">I expect</span> <span class="hps">opinions</span><span>, thanks</span><span>!</span></span>

da Rock 12-17-2012 09:14 PM

this is youtube [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cSHrtj4nQI[/youtube]

har28 01-04-2013 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the struts all done!!!!!

har28 01-04-2013 11:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<span lang="en" class="short_text" id="result_box"><span class="hps">And</span> <span class="hps">here</span> <span class="hps">are stuck</span> <span class="hps">on the</span> <span class="hps">plane</span></span>

har28 01-05-2013 01:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Chad Veich

ORIGINAL: rcavi8ter

Does anyone know where to get scale strut covers. I have seen a couple guys in this thread with some. Anyone want to mold me a pair? My Hellcat should be RTF next week.

I have the gear doors if that is what you're after rcavi8ter.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../GEARDOORS.jpg
<span lang="en" class="short_text" id="result_box"><span class="hps">Where can I find</span> <span class="hps">such</span> gear <span class="hps">doors</span></span>???

Chad Veich 01-07-2013 10:28 AM

ORIGINAL: har28

ORIGINAL: Chad Veich

ORIGINAL: rcavi8ter

Does anyone know where to get scale strut covers. I have seen a couple guys in this thread with some. Anyone want to mold me a pair? My Hellcat should be RTF next week.

I have the gear doors if that is what you're after rcavi8ter.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../GEARDOORS.jpg
<span lang=''en'' class=''short_text'' id=''result_box''><span class=''hps''>Where can I find</span> <span class=''hps''>such</span> gear <span class=''hps''>doors</span></span>???

I can provide the gear doors har. Just send me an email at the addy below.

[email protected]