RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   KMP Corsair (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/7626632-kmp-corsair.html)

convair580 09-03-2012 09:57 AM

RE: KMP Corsair

Hi Gents,

I have had couple of folks who have this corsair recommend a dle-20, I was going to go with a 30 but I think that would be better suited for the P-39 I just got. Anyone who has flown the model have any constructive thoughts on a DLE-20 in this bird?

TIA

CV580

Prop_Wash 09-04-2012 06:01 AM

Hello, can anyone recommend an electric set up for this plane? . I couldn't find an electric setup in this thread, unless i missed it. I am kind of new to electrics

Thanks

convair580 09-04-2012 07:35 AM

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1348786

Pretty good stuff on the build portion as well.

Prop_Wash 09-04-2012 10:58 AM

Thank Convair580, I appreciate it!

skillet92 09-16-2012 06:16 PM

Rate1 I was wondering if you had got you tail wheel in? I got my bulkhead built and am getting ready to install mine. I ran into one problem. The tail hook linkage is running into the bar for the tail. I am thinking of taking it off. I have the rudder installed and pull pull set up on it. Getting the bulkhead in and all the controls connected is going to to be fun. Lol. If I can get some pics to upload I will post them.

tevans55 10-01-2012 05:23 AM

I just got my Aune tail gear and was wondering if your shock absorber binds? Mine only moves about 1/8" and binds even in that short distance.

Rate1 10-02-2012 05:23 AM

Skillet, I haven't installed the tail wheel permanently yet as I have been too busy. However I have mounted the new bulkhead and test fitted the wheel and it fits perfect. I dont plan on using the tail hook but would like to see a picture of yours. I will install it perm when I get the gear doors on.

tevans, Yes there is not too much action in the spring/shock absorber. Just enough to not make the tail wheel gear static and possibly damage the bulkhead as I see it. I belive it will do fine as it's. Also Aune's instructions call for fiberglass on the bulkhead to make it strong/fuel prof. I am very happy with my bulkhead.

My build will be a little on and off as I have kids at home taking most of my free time. Then again there is no rush as there is pretty much off season for rc here.

glazier808 10-02-2012 05:29 AM

I think I went to College with your dog.....the name rings a bell....

Lol

Casey

Rate1 10-02-2012 05:33 AM

galzier, I have bad news for you. Capt M has passed away.

glazier808 10-02-2012 05:38 AM

Nooooo!

Oh well, most of my memories of him being a bad influence on me as too.

RIP Captain Morgan

Casey

predman 11-23-2012 12:08 PM

Finished mine with a RCGF 26cc up front, plenty of power. I did not add any right thrust at all and it flies perfect.

tevans55 12-09-2012 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just finished my ESM Corsair. It has a DLE 35 and Sierra retracts with an Earl Aune tail wheel. I changed the paint scheme slightly using Porter Paint exterior latex. I installed a Tys cockpit. The pilot is a Aces of Iron bust and a Century Jet bottom to create a full pilot. I put two 3000 mAh nicads under the cowl for weight and they are a dual setup throught a Smartfly Batshare. Also used a Tech-Aero Ultra BEC to run the ignition off the receiver batteries.

Flight 21 12-09-2012 08:55 PM

Beautiful! That's just about exactly how I hope to build one someday. Very nice plane.

tevans55 12-10-2012 09:09 AM

Thanks, Flight21

This is my fourth ESM/KMP plane. I really enjoy their planes. They are not exactly ARFs and they leave a lot of room for innovating in your own ideas (and the ones I copy from others here on RCU).

tevans55 12-30-2012 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Winter project almost done now with weathering.

skillet92 01-01-2013 08:41 AM

Tevens55 I have the same tail wheel and love mine. Have you flown yours yet? I have not flown mine yet and used a G-38 converted to EI for power. Seems like enough. How much did yours come out weighing and where have you balanced yours.

tevans55 01-01-2013 11:27 AM

I have not flown it yet as I am still doing some engine adjustments and vibration testing. Mine weighs 18.75 lbs. and I believe I balanced it at either 4.25 or 4.5 inches. Weather here is a little cold and damp...will probably wait till Spring for maiden flight.

Prekin 01-01-2013 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
here is a picture, which you can use as a sticker on your car. If you want, you can print it.

skillet92 01-02-2013 07:21 AM

Thank you. Mine came in around 19.3 and is balanced right at 4 1/2. My first was balanced there but I had no retractable tailwheel. It came in in the 18.5 range. Flew like a baby. I lost it when the engines ignition crapped out and locked out the radio. Had plenty of power with the G-38 turning a 18x8 xoar. With about half flaps it just floated in. Just like you I am waiting to get some good weather to maiden this one. Love the look of the corsair. I have an ESM P-51 with a dle 30 and have an ESM FW-190 on the bench for a winter project. Good luck on your maiden.

drifter 01-02-2013 07:55 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpniA...ature=youtu.be

Video of second flight with an OS 1.60 and Sierra gear.

tevans55 01-02-2013 03:34 PM

Drifter-
You did not seem to use much flap. Was there a reason for that?

tevans55 01-02-2013 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: skillet92

Thank you. Mine came in around 19.3 and is balanced right at 4 1/2. My first was balanced there but I had no retractable tailwheel. It came in in the 18.5 range. Flew like a baby. I lost it when the engines ignition crapped out and locked out the radio. Had plenty of power with the G-38 turning a 18x8 xoar. With about half flaps it just floated in. Just like you I am waiting to get some good weather to maiden this one. Love the look of the corsair. I have an ESM P-51 with a dle 30 and have an ESM FW-190 on the bench for a winter project. Good luck on your maiden.
I was thinking of maybe doing the ESM P-51B next. Is it a good flyer? I also have the Spitfire which I have really enjoyed and the B-25 which only has one flight so far.

SPitfire
http://youtu.be/xpTW87KRNzc

drifter 01-03-2013 07:58 AM

ORIGINAL: tevans55

Drifter-
You did not seem to use much flap. Was there a reason for that?
Just nerves, and not paying attention to where the flap lever was.
The little I used added lift but no braking. The plane didn't want to settle in.

At 16.5 lbs with over two lbs of lead on the firewall flaps were still not a necessity <![if gte mso 9]><xml><w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true"DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99"LatentStyleCount="267"><w:LsdExcep tion Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading" /></w:LatentStyles></xml><![endif]><![if gte mso 10]><style> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-qformat:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin-top:0in;mso-para-margin-right:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-para-margin-left:0in;line-height:107%;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}</style><![endif]><![if gte mso 9]><xml><o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" /></xml><![endif]>, but look really good deployed on final.

skillet92 01-03-2013 08:57 AM

Drifter. My first one I used about half flaps to get it to brake. Now mine was about 2 pounds heavier than yours. So that could be some of your flap tendencies. Looks like plenty of power.

tevans55 01-03-2013 01:54 PM

With the Earl Aune tail wheel/tail hook I could see it was going to take a lot of nose weight so I put 2 3000mAh NiCds in the cowl. You can see one of them in the photos above. It still required some additional lead to balance.