RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   F4F Wildcat 1/4 scale {moki 250} (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/8298714-f4f-wildcat-1-4-scale-%7Bmoki-250%7D.html)

Jetjockgb 05-07-2010 06:15 AM

RE: F4F Wildcat 1/4 scale {moki 250}

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

I just want to say a big Congrats to Barry and Scott for displaying the Cats at Top Gun this year.
A special Congrats goes to Barry for making the final cut on the Sunday of TG, and to think Barry only just received his cat from me 10 days before the Competition, So to get the final install and check over done ,then test fly her, and then take the long drive down from Texas to Florida and enter Butch into the show takes allot of doing, Very well done Barry, Top Man Award goes to you.

Here are some Pics I have managed to find and scrounge of the Cats At TG, if any of you have any more pics please post up.

And not forgetting Mr Top Buns Greg Foushi!!!! another Big Congrats for taking Second Position with your Loverly LA7, well done MR Buns!!!

Cheers GB
WWW.tigermodels.net

u2fast 05-07-2010 07:29 AM

graham, it could not have been done without you. the model flew like a champ. all i did was gas her up, top off the batteries and fly. never did anything to her but check the prop and rocker arms. it is an extremely great flying model. i was hoping to finish higher. some things just dont go your way. i flew every day 3rd up after lunch. good cross wind by then. and each day was worse. i am not saying a crazy crosswind, but enough. the morning guys didnt have one. the field wasnt inverted either. my morning practice rounds were like flying in a vacuum. well maybe next year i wil draw a morning slot. many thanks on a premium build. man, scott's was the bomb too. barry

Scott Prossen 05-07-2010 07:54 AM

Congrats to you Barry! Awesome job with that brand new plane.

Scott

Ram-bro 05-07-2010 09:40 AM

CONGRATS!, What class did you guys fly in?

Scott Prossen 05-07-2010 11:49 AM

We were all in the Pro Am Sportsman Class. Barry was unbelievable with his new ride. Big kuhunas to compete with such a new plane. I got raisens compared to him!
My buddy the Greg "The Foooosh" Foushi took second in Sportsman and now has to move up to Pro! Ha-ha Greg, now you got some competition!

Thanks RamBro. Best to you!

Scott

Ram-bro 05-07-2010 11:54 AM

Scott,wished I coulda been there to see the 2 of you guys fly. Nothing like a seldom modeled warird to get the juices flowing. So were they the "belle of the ball" or were there some other unusual or seldommodeled eye catchers there?

Scott Prossen 05-07-2010 12:02 PM

Top Gun is all about eye catching models! Grahams work on these two beauties got plenty of attention. He did such a great job! thanks again "G".
I would say to anyone that mighht be interested "G" doing work for them to get in line quickly. He has been getting quite a lot of inquiries since Top Gun and deservedly so.

That all metal finish he painted on mine is just spectacular. that is of course if you like that sort of thing... I sure as heck do and so did a gillion others!

Round Engines rule,

Scott
MOKI Brotherhood

Jetjockgb 05-04-2011 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

Been a while I know, but just to let you know Gunter has now got the new Retracts in stock and are working great as ever, also got the new matching cockpit now!!!

I just want to say a big Congrats to Barry and Scott for displaying the Cats at Top Gun this year 2011 very well done even in that cross wind!!!!!

Cheers GB

Jetjockgb 05-05-2011 04:49 AM

Hi Scott,

Got your video this morning and I have to post it up here, love the super smooth landing;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=h2Ado2eWYEU

Cheers GB

Ram-bro 05-05-2011 03:51 PM

absolutely beautiful......great presence in the air

affas 09-13-2012 11:54 PM

Is this kit available any place in Europe?

u2fast 09-16-2012 04:53 PM

graham can get u a kit. hopefuy, he will chime in. barry

oistein 09-16-2012 11:57 PM

LOL, this is funny. Affas is a good friend of mine Barry. He lives in the south so we dont often. It was funny to meet you two in here on the same matter. To Affa, i have flown a lot with Barry so i can tell some good stuff about that wildcat. In matter of fact, i NEEED to get back to houston soon. You should join me. Barry will show us a round for a super time. There was a question about a good warbird show to go to abroad (håvard mentioned). I suggest we all go to bomber field together, it is a fantastic place.

u2fast 09-17-2012 04:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
oistein, put bomberfield on your must go to list for next year. it is the 25th year. it will be the biggest ever. we just wrapped up yesterday the 24th. it was the biggest in the last ten or so years. just look at the parking lot.

Jetjockgb 11-06-2012 02:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
Hoping you can help,we are looking for some info on a wildcat a friend is building,The Wildcat he is doing was piloted by Joe Foss. It will hang in a new wing of Joe Foss Field (KFSD) in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Looking for maintenance marking positions, now I did have the lay out for them but they were on my last PC which went **** Up!!!
Any Help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Graham

flypilot 11-06-2012 03:27 AM

Would love to go to bomberfield, was planning on going to the states next autumn anyway...so when is this taking place?

Håvard

ORIGINAL: oistein

LOL, this is funny. Affas is a good friend of mine Barry. He lives in the south so we dont often. It was funny to meet you two in here on the same matter. To Affa, i have flown a lot with Barry so i can tell some good stuff about that wildcat. In matter of fact, i NEEED to get back to houston soon. You should join me. Barry will show us a round for a super time. There was a question about a good warbird show to go to abroad (håvard mentioned). I suggest we all go to bomber field together, it is a fantastic place.

Jetjockgb 11-06-2012 05:07 AM

Hi Havard,

You want to get in touch with Barry R {u2fast} he is your man for Bomber Field, he has just started a B29 thread , http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11280760/tm.htm

Cheers GB

u2fast 11-06-2012 05:21 AM

havard, we would love to have you join us at bomberfield in 2013. this is going to be a huge event. it is the 25th year of this event. we havent set a date. however, it is always the third weekend in september. we have a large group of guys from northern norway that come to this event.

graham, you and nigel should come too. barry

Jetjockgb 11-06-2012 05:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Barry, sure would love to come,been wanting to go for years, might have to Build that Big Fort and fly over in it:D
I now wish I never sold the Memphis Belle Film Moulds[:o]

Cheers GB

u2fast 11-06-2012 02:47 PM

graham, you had the memphis belle molds? did you do the building for the movie? i am sort of friends with harry conick jr. i met him during the finishing of the making of that movie. very nice guy. barry

Jetjockgb 11-08-2012 08:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Barry,
Way cool,so your friends with Harry Conick Jr,he has a great voice,next time am over you will need to introduce me to him!!!
No I did not work direct on the film but I ended up with good selection of parts,still have some documentation on the B17S made and used in the film.
I can get:D a Fuse made up from the original Memphis Belle molds, they are 1/6 scale so they are just right for all the BBI crew.

Cheers Graham

Scott Prossen 11-08-2012 09:46 AM

You go Barry,

I think it would be great if you would bring "Harry" to TG 2013 and have your friend do a little song or two for us.

I know the girls would really appreciate it too. Once they find out you're friends with H. C. JR. you won't be able to keep them off of you!

Wish I was friends with guys like that.:D:D:D

Scott

Jetjockgb 11-08-2012 10:22 AM

Hey Scott,

And whats wrong with your other friends!!!! hey give me a we dram or two and I too can sing!!!! I could even get the old Tartan rug on and give you a we Jig!!!!! Hoots Mun:D:D

Cheers Brother G

Scott Prossen 11-08-2012 10:31 AM

You're killing me G. LOL. Taking the 'Cat out for a few spins Saturday to the local field for a Veterans Day Salute. She's like "old hand" now. Just flyin the heck out of her. Still she is so sweet! Still gets the interest and I love the plane.
I can hear you singing now.........wineglasses are shattering!

TTFN,
Scott

Greg Wright 09-21-2014 01:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Graham,
I just placed an order with Gotz Vogelsang for one of these Awesome planes. If you have any pointers on the build of this bird it would be much appreciated if you could pass the info on.
I have been wanting one of these for a few years now and so the time and the price was right for me to order it.

I can't wait for it to arrive so i can begin building it!!!!!!

Color scheme is going to be modeled after this one.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2034007http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2034008