RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Lado retracts, do the really exist? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/8425919-lado-retracts-do-really-exist.html)

aghost 03-02-2012 07:50 AM

RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

yes. i use blue loctite on all the set screws.

cavery 03-07-2012 10:25 AM

Hi there. I posted this question on the lado website but haven't heard back. I thought I'd post it here as well.

I am curious if the RS333 retract will accept a 7/16 inch robostrut?

l found a forum posting from a few years ago where someone had issues with a set of lado retracts not having enough clearance for it to fit, but based on the pictures on the Lado, site the design has changed since then. So, I am hoping the current version doesn't have any issues with the fit of the larger Robostruts.

I am also curious if the 333 is powerful enough to handle a 7.25'' strut (9'' with the wheel) weighing a total of 6.7 oz?I currently have a set of eflite retracts, and they are not powerful enough to lift the struts at that weight. Thanks in advance for your time.

STAN-CAUSSEL 04-03-2012 12:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: christophe31

hi modelers,
yes we work on the 95° rotating RS333, but we had to do many things in the same time, so it will goes out for sure, but i don't have any date for them.

firstly i wanted to have the rock solid modification on the 90° RS333 Rotating, here the new picture of them:
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8044/img3837u.jpg

as you can see, we have now an 6mm( 1/4) shaft already made on the rotating pin, this make our retracts more solid than ever.

next step the 95° it's promise...!!! lol

Hello Christophe
Do you have a retrofit solution for the Mibo A10 ?
Mechanism are JET A1
legs and wheels pretty heavy
Stan CAUSSEL
you can see the plane at : http://smallplane.free.fr
Thanks for your answer.

nuex111 05-08-2012 09:31 PM

hi cris,
thank for your respond. just a bit curious when i open 2 different website with almost same. http://www.lado-tech.net and http://www.e-retract.com can u explain it. additionally, for my suggestion...it much better if your company can sell the retract in ebay.... thank..

christophe31 05-08-2012 10:41 PM

hi,
nice to speak with you , as last week i was afraid to never asking you because your mail doesn't reply.

we have 2 websites because we sell all around the world, and for easier administration lado-tech was in $ without European VAT so only for international or non VAT european countries and e-retract was in € with european VAT so only for european contries.
this is also due to our history, as lado technologies was buy by e-retract, so the both web staying alive after this.
but as you see i answer fast , and i post in many rc forum all around the world.
don't hesitate to ask me again.
the best way is the customer interface on e-retract like you have done.
rgds
christophe31

splais 05-09-2012 06:03 AM

I have been working with Christophe on a problem I'm having in another thread replacing the ESM electric motor with the Lado electric motor. At first I didn't think it was possible, but now I think we got it figured out. Christophe has been very helpful and easy to deal with.

Steve

scale only 4 me 07-19-2012 05:00 AM

Christophe,
I was wanting to order a set, actually 2 sets of gear, but I don't see them on the Magnumrc site any longer,, I don't mean to scratch a scab, but where can we order these in the states? Your site gives me a total of $45 to ship my order, frankly that's ridiculous.

In a holding pattern

dawhale 07-19-2012 03:13 PM

Just bite the bullet and order direct. Thats what I did. No problems.

scale only 4 me 07-19-2012 05:02 PM

aaaaaahh,,,, No

christophe31 07-19-2012 09:25 PM

hi Guy's ,
yes i know this could seems expensive, but this is the normal charge from France, in express with Fedex and 3/4 days to you.
you can ask Altecare RC in Canada, the shipping charge will be less than from us.
thanks for all
christophe

dawhale 07-20-2012 02:04 AM

Christophe31, how close are you to producing the 100 degree rotaing retracts?

scale only 4 me 07-20-2012 05:11 AM

ORIGINAL: christophe31

hi Guy's ,
yes i know this could seems expensive, but this is the normal charge from France, in express with Fedex and 3/4 days to you.
you can ask Altecare RC in Canada, the shipping charge will be less than from us.
thanks for all
christophe
Wow, not!!
It would be More expensive with their mark up on the rs666 pair I wanted, + they don't have the style gear I want on that site, I'm sure those would be marked up too.

Maybe I missed it, but why no USA distributor?

da Rock 07-21-2012 05:25 PM

Lado really would help out the hobby with 100degree rotating retracts. Their present 90degree ones really have appeared to be reliable and very simple to install, quite a step forward, but they are really still a step short. I've got a H9 Corsair that's excellent in everything except takeoffs and landings. Every field I fly off within my area is grass. I've already got the CG moved as far aft as possible. The tires simply aren't forward enough. They aren't even as far forward as full scale's are. I've got an excellent H9 Hellcat. Well, excellent except how you have to work to keep it's nose out of the grass on takeoff and landings. In other words: ditto. I sold my old Warhawk. Great flying model. yet: ditto.

I've had a new TF P40 Warhawk that is 95% complete and has been since it came out new how long ago? I simply don't feel like finishing it. The Lado's that're in it right now are there after I tried to get 3 different sets of WingSpans to reliably lift the OEM tires and not burn out. Yet the Lado's are why I'm not enthusiastic about finishing it. They simply aren't going to place the tire footprints where they need to be to keep that beautiful cowl out of the dirt.

Perhaps the E-Flights will be robust and reliable in their next incarnation.
Perhaps WingSpan will produce reliable gear some day.
Somebody needs to step up.

dawhale 07-21-2012 05:37 PM

I have a 60 size Hangar 9 Corsair and the Hellcat. Both arewaiting for 100 degree rotating retracts.Between da rock & I that is 4 sets. LADO. money in hand.

On another note I wish your PCB boards were priced so we could upgrade some of our older sets of retracts to programable.

dawhale

hellcat56 07-21-2012 08:28 PM

where can you find a price list
I ask on the web site but no response
I fly 80 inch or bigger so looking large scale retracts
but before I order
I would like to know the price

Bob Paris 07-24-2012 03:12 PM

I would like to know if I can get my old set of Lado retracts modified to have an new cam installed that has the 6mm shaft that exits the cam (like post 1777 shows). I also need the set screws (6/32 set screw ?) that locks in the strut, onto the retract body. My old set screws are made of brass and no longer servicable.

Thanks,
Bob Paris

pattnut 07-24-2012 09:32 PM

+1

christophe31 07-24-2012 10:19 PM

hi modeler's,
yes i'm working on the prototype of the 95/100) of rotating retracts.
hope having them before end of this year.

about the pignon gear of the rotating retract , if you have buy the RB/RT from us ( not from Doug Time) you can change your brass piece for the steel one.
with the steel piece you will not need anymore the tiny screws. we have made the steel piece for this reason, the screw was too small into this piece.
so now problem is solve....hi hi... simply tight the legs on the 6mm shaft.

new legs are coming take a look at this FW190 designed one:
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/610/20120724193414.jpg

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/321...0724193421.jpg

74° retract with 10°wheel angle to have the wheel at 90° from the ground.

the new wheels are also available on the webs,

Bob Paris 07-25-2012 02:05 PM

I'll ask again...

Is it possible to have my older 333 standard 85 deg. retracts fitted with a shaft on the rotater cam ? If so, how much to modify...and can I just buy the cam and do the work myself ?

Thanks,
Bob Paris

christophe31 07-25-2012 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Bob Paris

I'll ask again...

Is it possible to have my older 333 standard 85 deg. retracts fitted with a shaft on the rotater cam ? If so, how much to modify...and can I just buy the cam and do the work myself ?

Thanks,
Bob Paris
Hi Bob,
i don't see what you want to do.... you want to convert your normal retracts to rotating? if so , it's not possible as the chasing is different.
but ask us on our mail , i'll look if we have used/remanufactured retracts, we have somes sometimes.
christophe

Bob Paris 07-26-2012 12:08 AM

Sir,
You still do not understand what I want. I have a standard Lado retract in my P-51D and I am using your standard set up for attaching the Robart 3/8" robo-struts. I noticed that on your rotating retracts you have a shaft mounted on the rotating part of the cam, to attach a strut to. Can you do the same to non-rotating retracts...install a strut onto the cam, so my Robart struts will mount more easy. Having to tighten down two set screws on body of the retracts to lock in the strut shaft is a hastle...its doable...but a hastle to line up your tires properly and you have to remove the retact body to retighten the set screws, or change the angle of the tire. If you had a strut wire coming out of the cam...on your non-rotating retracts, this would be a great improvement. Just wondering if you can do this...
Thanks,
Bob Paris

m3_express 07-26-2012 05:11 PM

Hi Christophe31,

Where can I purchase the new steel pinion gear for the RS333 rotating retracts? I've looked on both your websites (e-tract.com and lado-tech.net) and don't see these parts available.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

M3

Pull Up Now! 08-15-2012 04:16 AM

I read the first few pages of this huge thread on Lado retracts, and the last few. Pretty scary....in the early pages. Has the delivery time on Lado retracts improved? What is the current delivery time on the 333's? Christopher, are you employed, or are you an official spokesperson for Lado? Thanks!

christophe31 08-15-2012 05:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Pull Up Now!

I read the first few pages of this huge thread on Lado retracts, and the last few. Pretty scary....in the early pages. Has the delivery time on Lado retracts improved? What is the current delivery time on the 333's? Christopher, are you employed, or are you an official spokesperson for Lado? Thanks!
Hi ,
i m the general manager of lado now.
the shipping time it's around 4/5days, now we are in holidays until 08/30,so cannot ship until this date.

for M3:
you can buy them on with web on accessories page you have the brass teeth in picture but we ship the steel ones.
I need to upgrade the picture on the web.

For Bob :
i don't think doing this will be a good idea as the 6mm pin work like a fuse during hard landing

i flew since 2 years AD scorpion jet(12kg weight) with 333 and 6mm pin without pb even if with jet the landing was hard sometimes we have never broke our chasing

if you bent pin you can replace it easily without dismount anything.

Mpizpilot 08-15-2012 05:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Pull Up Now!

From what I read, the current owners have nothing to do with the old. Not sure what was scary in the last few pages. I ordered a set of RS666's and it took just about a week to recieve them. I ordered direct. I couldn't be happier with the product and support I've recieved.