RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Easy Tiger Models=Rip off (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/9557228-easy-tiger-models%3Drip-off.html)

Illusion258 03-05-2010 03:03 PM

Easy Tiger Models=Rip off

Not too long ago I found the site Easy tiger Models.After browsing I found a FW 190 which looks really nice.I called them up gave them the credit card and he said should be there in 7-10 days.After waiting still didnt come.Kept calling him and he started getting real sarcastic.After about month it finally arived.But open the box and the retracts werent there.Which I had payed extra for.SO I called him up again he said woud shipout and after waitng a few more weeks still didnt arrive.Now going to dispute.

Stuka Jon N 03-05-2010 03:53 PM

RE: Easy Tiger Models=Rip off

see my post on them http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8859583 Make your own decision Stuka Jon

Illusion258 06-23-2010 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: planeflyer2

Not too long ago I found the site Easy tiger Models.After browsing I found a FW 190 which looks really nice.I called them up gave them the credit card and he said should be there in 7-10 days.After waiting still didnt come.Kept calling him and he started getting real sarcastic.After about month it finally arived.But open the box and the retracts werent there.Which I had payed extra for.SO I called him up again he said woud shipout and after waitng a few more weeks still didnt arrive.Now going to dispute.
Ok Guys,This is older.Easytiger did resolve all problems,There was a missunderstanding with shipment. Me and him both were confused but we are settled and all worked out.

vallawyer 06-25-2010 04:18 PM

Its good to hear that.  I have had nothing but a good experience with Easy Tiger.  I don't know about sarcastic, I have not experienced that yet, but don't get him started(the owner) about internet treads, if you call on the phone, he really gave me an earfull about that, I think I see where he is coming from about some of that.  Actually, sarcastic is probably the right word.
I have the Focke Wolfe 190, you will love this plane, have you flown it yet?

vallawyer 11-15-2010 06:44 PM

Have you flown it yet?  You are going to love this plane.

southeastauto 09-02-2011 09:40 AM

I will not by easy tiger ever. tried to order 500.00 fan motor controller. charged my account 4 mths later got my credit card company to get my money back. called at least ten times different stories. Like fan adapter not here and so on

u2fast 09-02-2011 04:54 PM

ordered a pt 19. came in on time as advertised. love it. working on it tonight. will post a build thread. barry

n8622t 09-04-2011 03:04 PM

Have you posted your build thread yet?

u2fast 09-04-2011 07:03 PM

might sit down tomorrow and upload pics, likes and dislikes. just finished covering the fuse in solartex today. wings tomorrow. barry

n8622t 09-05-2011 06:24 AM

A strip down and recover will make this a nice looking plane:D what are you going with for power?

u2fast 09-05-2011 10:04 AM

i want a sport scale that can do lazy aerobatics. so i am thinking da 50. looking into moki 50 four stroke. not sure if it has enough power, but would sound cool.

hendrik180359 02-12-2012 05:19 PM

hi all,

I was ripped of by easytiger also.

I ordered a diamond da42 twin with engines, esc and some spares around mid-december 2011 , for 678 dollars.
Initially good and friendly response with prompt email replies ,
so I made the payment with visa,
noticed later that the money was immediately withdrawn,
and now , two months after ordering/payment and several email enquiries:
no plane, no shipping number, two calls where I was promised a
prompt reply mail with shipping number and copy of the purchase bill:
easytiger did not reply anymore.
I mailed a fraud charge with Visa who will reimburse the full amount, and
hopefully retract their payment from easytiger.

This guy is a real disgrace, I have, over the years, done lots of purchases from several US companies, small and large , for varying amounts
and I never experienced something like this.

Just be aware that this fraudulent business is still active.

Greetings to all,
Hendrik Fornhoff
Belgium

glazier808 02-12-2012 05:21 PM

Now how long until Val shows up....

LOL

softshell29 07-24-2015 06:12 PM

I gave Easytiger $950 for a large plane and got

NOTHING

Nothing at all. After a few months the email excuses and phone assurances went silent and I had nothing

Not even words

I had to go to the Credit Card Company to get my money back

Shaun Evans 07-25-2015 08:19 AM

Hi,

Many such stories like this. Often, they're followed by retorts like, "I haven't had any problems." What amazes me is how people can look at a company with a 50/50 record and still give their credit card number. A little research would indicate that ET himself has been booted off of this site (more than once) and now talks himself up under a fake name (or two or nine). I've dealt with him over the phone and the experience left me feeling like the guy was unstable (to put it kindly). If a retailer has one or two bad deals out of a hundred, you can chalk that up to "the customer isn't always right.... sometimes the customer is a total jerk", but when it's this many?

softshell29 07-25-2015 08:42 AM

Good Points, Yellow,

I wrote the RCG build log on the plane and started by acknowledging Easytiger's terrible reputation, and that I found him to be very nice and RC knowledgeable on the phone. I still find him very likeable and impressive. I noted then, at the outset, that he could still be a bad guy since Con Men have such great personalities to survive and achieve their ends. I got my first plane from him with no problems except delays since it turned out he didn't actually have it in stock. I could live with that much misrepresentation, since I wasn't on a rush schedule. But when I paid him for a second plane for parts to rebuild after a crash--thats when I got nothing at all. After many months (almost a year?), and giving him every possible chance and too many "benefits of the doubt"----- I reported this to the credit card company

I'm very glad I gave Easytiger my credit card info. Paying with a credit card got me an immediate, 100% refund "no questions asked". Thank goodness I used a credit card. Thats what saved the day, financially.

Shaun Evans 07-25-2015 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by softshell29 (Post 12075061)
Good Points, Yellow,

I wrote the RCG build log on the plane and started by acknowledging Easytiger's terrible reputation, and that I found him to be very nice and RC knowledgeable on the phone. I still find him very likeable and impressive. I noted then, at the outset, that he could still be a bad guy since Con Men have such great personalities to survive and achieve their ends. I got my first plane from him with no problems except delays since it turned out he didn't actually have it in stock. I could live with that much misrepresentation, since I wasn't on a rush schedule. But when I paid him for a second plane for parts to rebuild after a crash--thats when I got nothing at all. After many months (almost a year?), and giving him every possible chance and too many "benefits of the doubt"----- I reported this to the credit card company

I'm very glad I gave Easytiger my credit card info. Paying with a credit card got me an immediate, 100% refund "no questions asked". Thank goodness I used a credit card. Thats what saved the day, financially.

Hi,

Good point. I've been 'saved by the card' myself. Glad you got your money back!

tchant 07-22-2016 06:31 AM

that was real fast , my easytiger bucker took over 18 months i just about died listining to the stories, but i realy wanted that airplane , and it is a great flier but soft structure.

LDM 07-22-2016 04:26 PM

Texas RC sells the CY models that were originally imported by Easy Tiger.
Texas RC is a great company and they care about there customers