RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Warbirds & Classics over the Midwest (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/9580995-warbirds-classics-over-midwest.html)

DAVAL 03-14-2010 11:23 AM

Warbirds & Classics over the Midwest

Fond du Lac Wis Warbirds & Classics over the Midwest is August 19 though August 21 , 2010. The Club invites all our past friends & future ones to attend. At this time we have been experiencing problems
With our Club Web site ( www.fdlaa.com ) & the event site (www.midwestwarbirds.com ) Please check back with us in a few weeks, We will have the problem repaired soon.
We are looking forward to a great event again this year with great flying, great food, great weather of course great friends. As in other years , all frequencies ( 72 & 2.4 & Hamm )
are welcome to our event. Any questions please feel free to contact Dave Elsinger at ( [email protected] ) .
Also for all you pilots with other types of planes, we will have a open event of Sunday August 22. 2010 .
See you here,
The members of the Fond du Lac Aeromodelers

Warbird Man 03-14-2010 03:14 PM

RE: Warbirds & Classics over the Midwest

I'm marking my calendar.

F4u5 03-14-2010 08:05 PM

Wouldn't miss this one!!!

Jeff

maddog-RCU 03-14-2010 08:43 PM

I'm already pre-registered.
Wouldn't miss the best event in the midwest and the greatest Saturday night supper for nothing.

DAVAL 03-15-2010 02:42 PM

Thanks for all the kind words. We are hoping that any registration info is not lost with our Web problems. We will keep everyone informed.

Experten109/40 03-15-2010 04:47 PM

hopefully I can make it this year.

NCIS 03-15-2010 06:05 PM

I will be there this year with my Ziroli P-40 and TF Corsair. Can't wait but will because I don't want Summer to go by to fast.:)

Barry

Vintauri 03-15-2010 11:56 PM

I'm signed up and I hope this year will work out. However I might not be able to make it as early as the other Minnesota contingency. This year the even falls on the weekend before classes start at the college I work for and getting any time off that week is like getting a snow storm in july. But if I have to I'll head out right after work on friday and hope to make it there by sundown.

DAVAL 03-16-2010 02:34 PM

Hello
Thats sounds great, We will save a spot for you. Just let me know
Dave

armond 04-01-2010 09:01 AM

HI guys, It is good to see so much interest in our fly in. This year, to make it interesting to the spectators I will asking for information about your planes and your name. A lot of people asked, "Who is flying what?" So that is why we will be doing this. I hope you all agree. Armond

DAVAL 05-06-2010 05:12 PM

The Warbirds & Classics over the Midwest Web site ( www.midwestwarbirds.com ) in now up & running. No info has been last ( thankfully ) The members of the Fond du Lac Aeromodelers are sorry for any incovenances this might have caused. But we promise to make it up with a great show this year

butlern 05-06-2010 05:32 PM

No flying on Sunday this year?

Is Thursday through Saturday the way it has always been scheduled?

Edit... just re-read your first post. an open event on Sunday.

Good deal!

Scott Prossen 05-06-2010 07:34 PM

Hey Noah,

I just signed up for the Event. I look forward to seeing you and all the other guys I met there last year. Sam P. got so scared letting me fly his planes last year that I decided to get a trailer and make the drive up there. God willing I will be bringing the 1/4 Wildcat, 1/5 Byron T-28 Trojan, and a Meister P-47. Here's a video of the Wildcat Maiden from about a month ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkdjdysZbQ4.

Noah, are you going to Owatanna (sp???) the week before? I think that's what I'm gonna do. Go there then head to Milwaukee mid week after that and visit some family and then up to Fond du Lac till Sunday. After that I'll pack up and head back to Tampa! Good 24 hour ride home. I got to do it. If Carl can haul his stuff down here for Monster Planes then I sure can head up there for those events.

Now if I could just get Jeff Q. and crew to follow along we'd have an even better Monster Planes. For all those who follow Monster Planes it will be at the Lakeland Lindner Airport this year and quite possibly on a grass strip??? If not then certainly one of the nicest airport hardtop runways there is. We're pushing hard for the grass strip right now!

See you guys in August,
Scott

butlern 05-06-2010 08:01 PM

Absolutely, Scott!

My plan is to attend both events this year. I'll be traveling with my Meister 109 and Kellogg Avenger... that's about all I'll be able to haul around on those longer distance trips.

Glad to hear that you're committed fully this year... it will be a long drive but it should be fun, and particularly nice that you'll be able to visit your family in Milwaukee, too.

Looking forward to seeing your models in person!

Speak with you soon.

Noah

flyinmyplane 05-06-2010 11:12 PM

I will mark it on my calendar and check it out !!! Sounds like it will be a nice event.

Matt

ROGER RUSSELL 05-07-2010 09:28 AM

I always sign up for this and never seem to make it due to my job.[:o]
So this year I am not going to sign up, and hope to be there.[8D]
So, don't be surprized if you see me:D

Decided to sign up and screwed it up...........LOL

DAVAL 05-07-2010 05:34 PM

Hello
The field is open all that week to our guests, of course we will be working , cutting grass & painting lines at times. Some one from the Club will be there everyday , all day.
SAM We will be mailing you a key for the gate, want to make sure your there to HELP.
Warbirds & Classics over the Midwest starts Thursday August 19 and goes until Saturday August 21, Sunday is an open fly-in for all fixed wing aircraft. If you are registered for the Warbird event,
you are registered for Sunday also .
Dave

jeffEE 05-07-2010 05:50 PM

Is this event going to be for planes that fly on 2.4 only? Or will 72mhz still be allowed? Not a problem either way for me, but just a question. I am looking forward to my first trip to the event.

Vintauri 05-07-2010 06:42 PM

I'm signed up. I'll have to see how early I can come over. This is the weekend before classes start at the college I work at and it's difficult to get time off worst case I'll be driving over friday evening. Looking forward to two weekends of warbirds.

DAVAL 05-08-2010 11:18 AM

Hi Guys
Our event is open to 2.4 72 mah - & ham band, The field will be open to anyone that wants to come early , We will allow anyone to fly until dark & after if they choose to.
We will try to accomadate your flying needs.
Dave

prop wash 05-09-2010 06:35 PM

What about camping???:D

ram3500-RCU 05-09-2010 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Scott Prossen

Hey Noah,

I just signed up for the Event. I look forward to seeing you and all the other guys I met there last year. Sam P. got so scared letting me fly his planes last year that I decided to get a trailer and make the drive up there. God willing I will be bringing the 1/4 Wildcat, 1/5 Byron T-28 Trojan, and a Meister P-47. Here's a video of the Wildcat Maiden from about a month ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkdjdysZbQ4.

Noah, are you going to Owatanna (sp???) the week before? I think that's what I'm gonna do. Go there then head to Milwaukee mid week after that and visit some family and then up to Fond du Lac till Sunday. After that I'll pack up and head back to Tampa! Good 24 hour ride home. I got to do it. If Carl can haul his stuff down here for Monster Planes then I sure can head up there for those events.

Now if I could just get Jeff Q. and crew to follow along we'd have an even better Monster Planes. For all those who follow Monster Planes it will be at the Lakeland Lindner Airport this year and quite possibly on a grass strip??? If not then certainly one of the nicest airport hardtop runways there is. We're pushing hard for the grass strip right now!

See you guys in August,
Scott
Scott, I just saw this video and it is an awesome plane. You must be very proud of her.

damroadhog 05-09-2010 11:48 PM

Can"t Pre register ??????

shows error.

DAVAL 05-14-2010 02:41 PM

We were having a problem with the site, Were kind of hoping that it is now repaired. I did get you registered Damroadhog. Looking forward to seeing you there.
Dave

ROGER RUSSELL 05-14-2010 03:58 PM

I doubled Registered cause I had to change my home address.
Hope you can fix, SORRY.

Roger