Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Caracciolo class BB

The first Caracciolo-class BB in the AusBG has undergone sea trials and an (accidental) baptism of fire.
    She performed well, with only a bit of tweaking on the rudders required.
    Now awaiting completion and certification of her cannon, and she'll be the Italian Bismarck she was intended to be.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Caracciolo class BB

cool! The Caracciolo is an interesting class, faster than the QE's but in-line rudders not tandem. I wonder how well she compares. There is a very nice QE in the WWCC, HMS Warspite, that I used to love fighting against with my Viribus Unitis. The old-school WWI battleships have a look and style all on their own, that makes them truly special.
    There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don\'t, and those who just can\'t count.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Caracciolo class BB

With the Caracciolo, what you gain in speed, you lose in turning, big time.
    That said, since I normally sail a Nelson-class, I thought the turning wasn't so bad.
    With just a little tweak on the rudder arm, it will be quite acceptable, but still nowhere near as good as a QE