Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are any of you guys in NJ?

Hi all,

I'm not currently in warship combat, but inherited a scratch built 1/90th scale USS Mitchner destroyer about 20 years ago. The ship needs some restoration though, and the deck is falling apart since the original builder made it out of balsa, instead of hard wood. I'd like the opportunity to look at some comparable ships, just to get ideas on how they're supposed to be put together, how to add details, decals, paints, what electronics to use, ask some questions, obtain some pointers, etc. I realize we have resources here on the forum, but nothing beats seeing another ship up close. Are there any meets coming up, or anyone with large collections in the Philly/NJ area? Thanks.
    The original Tommygun

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Are any of you guys in NJ?

Tell you what if you go to RC Naval Combat , they have a club finder and it will help you locate who is closest to you. Should be a lot of guys in your neck of the woods.
    Buddy